Victor the Inflictor

11 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Who you taking out - Farnworth or Percival? I like Connor but his versatility has almost gone against him as his career's progressed. 

Really talented player but his defence seems to be getting worse,I dread to think what he’d be like opposite Latrell Mitchell 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Really talented player but his defence seems to be getting worse,I dread to think what he’d be like opposite Latrell Mitchell 

Funnily enough, Connor would be a good player to have against Mitchell.  He would get right under his skin and wind him up.

When Mitchell plays angry he plays well... until he gets sent off.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Funnily enough, Connor would be a good player to have against Mitchell.  He would get right under his skin and wind him up.

When Mitchell plays angry he plays well... until he gets sent off.

The trouble is he’d spend more time under his feet,I get what your saying but I’d say it was evens on which one would lose the plot first,the officials would certainly be busy.

14 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

The trouble is he’d spend more time under his feet,I get what your saying but I’d say it was evens on which one would lose the plot first,the officials would certainly be busy.

Yes, I wouldn't use it as a game plan.

But I would love to see them face off against each other.  Mitchell is the better player, no doubt, but he is also a man child and I think Connor could really wind him up.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah he's not a starter for me. I'd def take him along though because at any given moment, he's providing cover at FB, CE, HB and probs even wing. 

At the start of the season I’d have agreed but the way Welsby has come on he’d take that role but it depends how much utility you need in a WC squad I suppose.

Connor has already proven that he can play at that level and behave.

We need players with a bit of flair/inventiveness and who are willing to take a risk.

• Like 3

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, jacksy said:

Connor has already proven that he can play at that level and behave.

We need players with a bit of flair/inventiveness and who are willing to take a risk.

That I agree with . It is noticeable how we often caveat things with what we’d do , and what Wane may do . We’ll see what kind of coach he is , but we need to throw as much at teams as we can 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacksy said:

I know plenty hate him and don't want him in the England squad.

But Connor would be in the centre for me teamed up with Makinson again.

I would agree with this, as it works twofold. He has the quality to create all kinds of chances, and will also wind the strayans right up. Which is always fun.

I like Connor. I would have had him in the squad at least at the start of the season. But I think he fills a similar role as Welsby with his versatility and as such is probably up against him. After this season I think Welsby has just moved ahead of him. If Welsby gets an injury to rule him out then I would be more than happy with Connor but not if both are fully fit and in form.

4 hours ago, jacksy said:

I know plenty hate him and don't want him in the England squad.

But Connor would be in the centre for me teamed up with Makinson again.

Definitely should be in the thoughts for right centre, or perhaps even as an impact sub covering FB, CE and SO.

I hope he comes back from his injury and enjoys a good end to the season.

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

Connor will not play for England this year. Wane just doesn't rate him. 

We have been down this road many times before with England coaches ignoring players. Briers, Brough and Cooke spring to mind.

I'm sure there are more. My memory isn't what it used to be.

• Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 minutes ago, jacksy said:

We have been down this road many times before with England coaches ignoring players. Briers, Brough and Cooke spring to mind.

I'm sure there are more. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Hoddle , Le Tissier 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

All that article is about is how to get players playing Origin - not about international eligibility. 

But I do agree with the last part.  One thing Rugby League has over its main domestic rival in AFL is international games and it is bizarre that it is not leveraged more by the normally savvy operators in Australian Rugby League. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

All that article is about is how to get players playing Origin - not about international eligibility. 

But I do agree with the last part.  One thing Rugby League has over its main domestic rival in AFL is international games and it is bizarre that it is not leveraged more by the normally savvy operators in Australian Rugby League. 

This. They are so desperate for the whole season to revolve around Origin they will do anything to keep the squads strong.

If Cam Murray and Isiah Yeo are injured, or out of form, next year and Radley is tearing it up - the game over there will lose its ####! 😄  

Edited by Scubby

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

What position do we think Radley might play? Hooker? We're not blessed with great 9s.

Yes it has been suggested, starting at 9 and spelling Knowles at lock for points in the game. Then you can play a running hooker from the bench. Daryl Clark may benefit from the freedom to come on as sub and make an impact.

I've still got my fingers crossed for Roby going around for the WC, however!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Yes it has been suggested, starting at 9 and spelling Knowles at lock for points in the game. Then you can play a running hooker from the bench. Daryl Clark may benefit from the freedom to come on as sub and make an impact.

I've still got my fingers crossed for Roby going around for the WC, however!

I’m now finding myself hoping he doesn’t get injured playing for the Roosters