Directors statement

The Voodooguru

10 minutes ago, donald said:

The 3 names doing the rounds yesterday was doran Henson and teare so looks like it's teare who's signed . Heard doran will prob stay at town next season as he's due his testimonial soon

I'd heard young walkers name as well, really surprised he's left the club with being so young and just starting out in the pro game

rough waters ahead for both clubs and the game in general , what is the future long term , the shinning light is a new stadium for me , thou between now and then is baton the the hatches down and navigate us through to calmer waters.

Just now, Neutralfan7 said:

I'd heard young walkers name as well, really surprised he's left the club with being so young and just starting out in the pro game

Yeah lad I work with plays for seaton told me that never seen him play so not sure how good he is

28 minutes ago, Big Yin said:

What a joke bad enough letting Davis go to our biggest Rivals but now Tear what a insult to the lads and lasses that pay there pounds. I blame the old regime for this they gave Thorman a crazy contract after winning the playoffs now he can’t be chased. 

Didn't Teare have a clause in his contract re he could move if Town were relegated?

38 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It wouldn't be a transfer. By demanding a change in their contracts the players can refuse and immediately become free agents. As such they can sign for any other club anytime.

I also thought Teare's agreed signing on fee was £12k, was he paid or part paid ? seems odd if he has signed for Haven, if owed a signing on fee ?

13 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

I also thought Teare's agreed signing on fee was £12k, was he paid or part paid ? seems odd if he has signed for Haven, if owed a signing on fee ?

Don't know the fee at all, it may be what is causing the 'paperwork delay' as stated by Donald? But I most certainly recall his release clause........

40 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

£12k for an amateur player in his first year in pro rugby? Seems a bit steep that!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Any player from any team can go where they want if relegated, no clause needed.

Blimey talk about having to sail a sinking ship then........it must drive those in control of an endangered club bonkers? All sorts of dilemmas to deal with. 

What an absolute shambles. Another 60 odd on us today, spanking by haven on tv, and damage limitations the rest of the season. Smart 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

20 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

I remember and agree with all of that but only from late 60s.

Definitely remember sitting in the Stand surrounded by empty wooden seats especially around that era when it was either us or Doncaster who finished at the bottom with Huyton every year

I remember in the mid to late eighties we were bottom of the pile for some time, Runcorn Highfied were above us. Some of us turned up with brown paper bags on our heads, we were that shamed. The popular side was so sparse there was a kid riding his bike up and down the terracing during the game. Most of us of a certain age have ridden the Town roller coaster for what seems like an eternity,  my love and support for the club will never diminish whatever the future holds. UTT. 💙

36 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

You never know all this s#£t might just pull the team together, and go on and give a great performance one can live in hope utt

Yeah getting a pay cut gives you a lift doesn't it 😂

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

8 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I remember in the mid to late eighties we were bottom of the pile for some time, Runcorn Highfied were above us. Some of us turned up with brown paper bags on our heads, we were that shamed. The popular side was so sparse there was a kid riding his bike up and down the terracing during the game. Most of us of a certain age have ridden the Town roller coaster for what seems like an eternity,  my love and support for the club will never diminish whatever the future holds. UTT. 💙

I remember that! 😂

8 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I'd say this is more serious than the early to mid eighties.a

11 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Yeah getting a pay cut gives you a lift doesn't it 😂

Especially when you are told, take it or leave it, and you have 3 days to decide as the transfer cut of date is on Friday, 

26 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Yep we would change ends depending on which way Town were attacking and you could walk the length of the terracing and hardly meet anyone . There was a dog running around with a stick I remember some weeks 

Edited by DavidM

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Yep we would change ends depending on which way Town were attacking and you could walk the length of the terracing and hardly meet anyone . There was a dog running around with a stick I remember some weeks 

We heard you first time .🙄

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Sorry David, that reply was for JMB.🖕

• Haha 1