Belle Vue trending for all the wrong reasons

The last picture doesn’t look good but the first three aren’t anything out of the ordinary or anything too extreme. They actually make Belle Vue look pretty reasonable. I suspect the Saints media team knew what they were doing and knew what can of worms they’d be opening with the last picture. 

It certainly isn’t a great picture and doesn’t look good from an image perspective of the elite level of the game here. It feels a bit like kicking someone when they’re down having a pop at Wakefield and their stadium. 

Edited by Jughead
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

The last picture doesn’t look good but the first three aren’t anything out of the ordinary or anything too extreme. They actually make Belle Vue look pretty reasonable. I suspect the Saints media team knew what they were doing and knew what can of worms they’d be opening with the last picture. 

It certainly isn’t a great picture and doesn’t look good from an image perspective of the elite level of the game here. 

You think that was deliberate on the part of Saints media team?

1 minute ago, The Daddy said:

You think that was deliberate on the part of Saints media team?

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. They can only show what is there to show, but they know what they are showing.

Its embarrassing. Wakey know its embarrassing. It has been that way for over 2 decades. They've done nothing to change it till now (and even then, the side with the current "dugout" on will not be changed.

• Like 2

Brutal that.😁

TBF I stood behind that dugout about 3/4 seasons back and was having a bit of light-hearted banter with Fifita and PP. Had to watch it though as there was some sort of crater in front of me that I nearly fell in.😂 Listen the ground ain't the best, I think even Wakey die-hards would admit that but I genuinely never thought the dug-outs were that bad!😳 I'm now getting visions of Billy Casper swinging from the upright while being shouted at by Brian Glover.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cant argue, the ground is a dump. The new East stand will  make a difference , but i cant see anything ever getting done to the west side, which to my mind is far worse than the old stand being demolished.

For what its worth, i think Trins time at the top is well and truely over for quite sometime . That west side will not be needed in the lower leagues and could end up being closed off altogether. 

Finally lets not forget the surrounding area and streets are a latrine , you could not find a worse place in Wakey to have a stadium.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Agbrigg said:

Cant argue, the ground is a dump. The new East stand will  make a difference , but i cant see anything ever getting done to the west side, which to my mind is far worse than the old stand being demolished.

For what its worth, i think Trins time at the top is well and truely over for quite sometime . That west side will not be needed in the lower leagues and could end up being closed off altogether. 

Finally lets not forget the surrounding area and streets are a latrine , you could not find a worse place in Wakey to have a stadium.

Hard to find fault in that post mate, depressing as it is.

34 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It’s a total dungheap, like one of those derelict football ground abandoned post-Taylor Report. This is why quite a few of us want to see Wakefield flushed down the bog. 

The ground certainly is a dump and as a result, currently, Wakey is an embarrassment to SL. 

BUT! If this time is a genuine opportunity to rebuild then good. Wakey in a decent stadium with a competitive team is a 10k a game club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Number 16 said:

The ground certainly is a dump and as a result, currently, Wakey is an embarrassment to SL. 

BUT! If this time is a genuine opportunity to rebuild then good. Wakey in a decent stadium with a competitive team is a 10k a game club.

What about half a decent stadium with a half decent team?

1 minute ago, Number 16 said:

Serious question…..has Wakey EVER been a 10k a game club?

28 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I think the Block of flats make the stadium look an eyesore .To think they pulled a  good stand and terrace down  just on the whim of the directors.I stood in the ground with 27k+ in when they filmed the match scenes for This Sporting Life.The West side has always been a miss mash with the old stand and changing rooms in the middle.The ground has lacked investment since the 1960's  Although i support Fev Wakey is where i started watching the game in 1955.The new East side is a welcome start.

• Like 1

Anybody who's ever been to Belle Vue in the last few decades know what it's like , don't really see the point of going round with a camera now , 30 years ago I could have done the same at Naughton Park or Fartown  , 25 years ago I could have done the same at Wilderspool , the Boulevard or Central Park , 20 years ago I could have done the same at Hilton Park , 15 years ago at Knowsley rd or the Willows , still can at Wheldon rd 

All of us above ( apart from CAS ) have been lucky to varying degrees , Wakey have got their ' luck ' now , they'll get a lot less than the rest of us for their money , but it is underway , it is happening , now is not the time to kick them 

• Like 10