Belle Vue trending for all the wrong reasons

4 minutes ago, M j M said:

Did they give any indication of what impact relegation would have on the development, or the club generally?

Said they hadn't/aren't planning for that - nor can they as Championship clubs don't even know what next year's allocation is.

Did say that all players are on SL contracts...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dboy said:

Said they hadn't/aren't planning for that - nor can they as Championship clubs don't even know what next year's allocation is.

Did say that all players are on SL contracts...

Surely they must be planning at least, even just on a "worst case scenario" basis. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dboy said:

Mini-update from last night's fans' forum...

New, permanent "big screen" is ready to be installed.

Costs escalated by £1.8m between signing off the plans and beginning the build (i.e. over 10%). Due to Brexit and Covid.

Club have brought forward pitch re-lay - new pitch allowing 30+ hours use per week will be installed this closed season.

RE: Chairgate - the benches were removed and chairs put in during Covid restrictions, so that players could be separated by distance.

Bit of a problem with priorities there. Millions on a big screen but pennies on chairs for players

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, dboy said:

Costs escalated by £1.8m between signing off the plans and beginning the build (i.e. over 10%). Due to Brexit and Covid.

Club have brought forward pitch re-lay - new pitch allowing 30+ hours use per week will be installed this closed season.

RE: Chairgate - the benches were removed and chairs put in during Covid restrictions, so that players could be separated by distance.

Covid restrictions ended quite a whils ago,did they forget where they put the benches ?

10 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Surely they must be planning at least, even just on a "worst case scenario" basis. 

No one in their right mind, at a fans forum, is going to read out the disaster recovery plan. It's bad enough when you're talking about a datacentre, but when the main ongoing cost is wages that would be a presentational, morale, and probably legal nightmare.

You're never going to get anything other than the most anodyne 'we're not expecting that'.

• Like 1

Just now, iffleyox said:

No one in their right mind, at a fans forum, is going to read out the disaster recovery plan. It's bad enough when you're talking about a datacentre, but when the main ongoing cost is wages that would be a presentational, morale, and probably legal nightmare.

You're never going to get anything other than the most anodyne 'we're not expecting that'.

"We're really not expecting that but, if the unthinkable happens, trust us, we're prepared for all eventualities."

And then SeriousAboutRL lead with, "Wakefield in crisis mode: "Preparing for the Unthinkable"".

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

25 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Covid restrictions ended quite a whils ago,did they forget where they put the benches ?

They went in the same skip they found the chairs, been emptied since. Carter is off out looking for some discarded sofas this weekend though so fear not

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, dboy said:

Utter garbage. Covid restrictions ended a year ago, whilst Brexit was nearly 3 yrs ago, quite how that affects a 3 month old quote/estimate is beyond me. Even the supply chain issues from China started well over a year ago. So someone was either incompetant or negligent, or perhaps most likely, just wanted to make the figures 'work' .

6 minutes ago, cookey said:

Utter garbage. Covid restrictions ended a year ago, whilst Brexit was nearly 3 yrs ago, quite how that affects a 3 month old quote/estimate is beyond me. Even the supply chain issues from China started well over a year ago. So someone was either incompetant or negligent, or perhaps most likely, just wanted to make the figures 'work' .

What you could buy back in 2019 for £12million, when the project started, is less than what you can buy today for the same amount.  What's garbage about that fact of current everyday life. 

What has 3 months got to do with it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

14 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

What you could buy back in 2019 for £12million, when the project started, is less than what you can buy today for the same amount.  What's garbage about that fact of current everyday life. 

What has 3 months got to do with it?

What on earth are you talking about? What has an estimation in 2019 got to do with a project which was signed off 3 months ago in order to secure funding? There have been thousands of projects planned, commenced and completed since 2019. For the sake of the record, I'm a retired Chartered Surveyor who was involved in hundreds of commercial (retail) developments over 40 yrs.

Essentially what has happened is the equivalent of a nice artists impression in order to assist with securing planning, only for the reality to look nothing like the artists impression. Someone has said, we can get hold of £X, we want to do Y works, make the figures work in order that we get the money. Once we have got the money for Y works we'll say that costs have increased so we either need more money to do the same works or we will do Y minus works.

Please dont try and debate with me about commercial developments/ funding.

8 minutes ago, cookey said:

Once we have got the money for Y works we'll say that costs have increased so we either need more money to do the same works or we will do Y minus works.

You sound like a great guy but I really dont get your anger. 

That is exactly what is happening with the developement. Reduced work to fit the cash available.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

No anger, just dont like people making false excuses.

No one goes into a 2022/23 project, based on 2019 cost estimates. The financial/project difficulties you are now faced with,has absolutely zero to do with either Brexit or covid. A little honesty from who ever is responsible would be appreciated, rather than trying to blame something else.

1 minute ago, cookey said:

No anger, just dont like people making false excuses.

No one goes into a 2022/23 project, based on 2019 cost estimates. The financial/project difficulties you are now faced with,has absolutely zero to do with either Brexit or covid. A little honesty from who ever is responsible would be appreciated, rather than trying to blame something else.

If someone gives you a fixed amount in 2019 how is it a blame game if that buys a bit less in 2022?

• Like 1

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

52 minutes ago, cookey said:

Because no professional would rely on a 3/4 year old quotation! How difficult to understand is that.

The cash was fixed way back then. 

The comment was given at the meeting to explain why some areas of the work were now being delayed to ensure that the main East Stand project is being prioritised. £500k that was earmarked for Western side for one. 

Good god its a mountain out of a molehill here from fans forum update.

Thank goodness we're not responsible for Crossrail.

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

1 hour ago, Dallas Mead said:

Did anyone at the club commit to spending up to the 2001 salary cap any time soon?

When you are stood having a conversation with another adult and a little toddler taps your leg to attract your attention because he's peed his pants. 

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Did Wakefield announce what would be compromised (i.e. missing from) the initial agreed plans due to the imbalance in funding?

Hopefully it will not stop the club making corporate and non-game day cash as that is fundamental to getting them on track as a club.

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Did Wakefield announce what would be compromised (i.e. missing from) the initial agreed plans due to the imbalance in funding?

Hopefully it will not stop the club making corporate and non-game day cash as that is fundamental to getting them on track as a club.

Chairman said one aim was to cut costs on any temporary measures that had been planned to see us through to project completion.  The fact that some work on the western terrace was a possible inclusion suggests that there may have been a bit of spare too.

• Like 3

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

3 hours ago, iffleyox said:

I'm sorry but I don't think that is true.

For example, at LUFC it was certainly made clear how the club would try to deal with relegation and what the impacts of that could be. Relegation clauses in contracts, potential player sales (including the impact of relegation release clauses), delays in the stadium redevlopment plans we're all openly discussed and relayed to fans. 

For something as critical to Wakefield Trinity as this phase of the stadium redevelopment is, I find it preposterous to suggest that even a message that says "this will remain unaffected" wasn't put out.