The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

There are a few average names in there, to be honest

I suspect Leigh are in the position where they are more or less fixed up with overseas signings, and now need to sign a LOT of English players to fill out the squad.

Are pickings slim with English players because I'm not sure Briscoe and Hughes are the answer for a serious tilt at Super League.

Still, Leigh are WAY ahead of where they were the last twice they went into Super League, so fair play to Beaumont for learning the lessons.

The ones we're getting from Wire were all 1st 17 players last season when they finished 3rd so should certainly be capable of turning a decent performance in. As for Tom Briscoe, he wouldn't be my first choice but i very much doubt he's Lam's either since our first choice wingers are pretty much nailed on for next year to be Blake Ferguson and Josh Charnley, we'll need players to come in as cover for injuries and in terms of previous seasons we've been in SL, it would be an upgrade to at least have someone with some experience rather than relying on whatever kids Warrington or Saints will give us for a couple of weeks as we've had to do in the past. 

On 13/08/2022 at 11:53, Whippet13 said:

I hope everyone realises this thread is going to create about 50 "Serious About Rugby League" outputs on Monday, each one titled something like "Club X ROCKED by rumoured departure of STAR PLAYER"

Anyway, to fuel that fire, allegedly:

Bevan French may go to Newcastle Knights

Tee Ritson has not spoken to St Helens

Your not far off mate. Resident air con hogger Mr Gledhill has obviously been reading this thread and reporting Josh Bowden to Fax. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Sounds like you'll be in a position to have another crack at that top 4 spot that a number of Leythers claimed you were good enough for last time you came up.😁👍

I don't think i've ever seen a Leigh fan claiming we're going to be top 4 when getting promoted, especially not last time we came up in 2020. The general consensus was that it would take a miracle to stay up. As for if/when we get back, anything but 12th will do just nicely for me.

4 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

I don't think i've ever seen a Leigh fan claiming we're going to be top 4 when getting promoted, especially not last time we came up in 2020. The general consensus was that it would take a miracle to stay up. As for if/when we get back, anything but 12th will do just nicely for me.

Oh I distinctly remember a couple.of your guys on RLFans giving it large and pretty sure one of them was called SteCenturion or something similar!😁

Anyway, will be interesting to see what you manage to do next season with all the early recruitment you've put in. Which of our fading stars would you like to sign btw at the end of the season? We must have at least 1 34yo ready and waiting for his retirement package off Uncle Derek...😉😁

2 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

We mainly deal in forwards who are at least two stone overweight.

I think you're just experiencing a blast from the past moment!

I watched one of the amateur games on OurLeague and for a second or two I thought Brendan Hill had come out of retirement!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

12 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its all falling in to place.........This rumor from the halifax Town fans forum:-

image.png.b03f5f365820e789b7609e3d3fc4be44.png

Is this a genuine rumour or just someone trying to wind the footy lads up 😂 with gledhill and this craig David character on the prowl it’s hard to know what’s true and not true .

2 hours ago, Rockingchair said:

Is this a genuine rumour or just someone trying to wind the footy lads up 😂 with gledhill and this craig David character on the prowl it’s hard to know what’s true and not true .

Just the football lot I think. Every now and again someone posts something on their forum about the rugby club then they have about 5 pages of discussion on it taking it as gospel. 🤣

• Haha 2

I don't know if Dwyer to Hull is definitely happening but it certainly sounds like it. 

As with Hoy and Trueman I think he has flaws in his game but he is certainly a lot more dynamic and exciting than what we've had this year. We should have a bit more speed in the team at least.

22 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Just the football lot I think. Every now and again someone posts something on their forum about the rugby club then they have about 5 pages of discussion on it taking it as gospel. 🤣

Yeah I read the thread , I never realised how much vitriolic hate the footy club had for the ‘ squatters ‘ and ‘ egg chasers’ 😂 I thought the magicman was a footy fan that’s why I thought it was a strange thing to say , plus a couple of the re-signings have mentioned’ plans going forward’ which felt like something else was in the works . We can only dream I guess .

• Like 1

On 15/08/2022 at 12:27, Oxford said:

So you did 'arry I was so surprised someone wanted to engage with me I dropped my sandwich pickle and didn't notice.

I was talking about on this here forum 'arry the Bulls used to be the interminable debates that went off track and got nowhere, and now it appears to be Leigh.

Don't worry, normal service has resumed on the 'bring back licensing' thread!

12 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Don't worry, normal service has resumed on the 'bring back licensing' thread!

I don't particularly support licensing anymore as I think like most ideas nowadays it's really just an agenda carry all that we're not supposed to notice. I certainly wouldn't want another thread about it. This thread is not what it say on the tin and turning into a set of questions about Leighs suitability for SL disguised loosely as transfer rumour isn't really good enough. If Leigh get in SL they'll have earned the right.

4 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I don't particularly support licensing anymore as I think like most ideas nowadays it's really just an agenda carry all that we're not supposed to notice. I certainly wouldn't want another thread about it. This thread is not what it say on the tin and turning into a set of questions about Leighs suitability for SL disguised loosely as transfer rumour isn't really good enough. If Leigh get in SL they'll have earned the right.

I was more referring to the fact the first post of that thread being about Bradford

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

I was more referring to the fact the first post of that thread being about Bradford

And I was talking about Leigh replacing the Bulls as thread whipping boy!

• Confused 1

On 13/08/2022 at 10:38, Mumby Magic said:

Strictly unconfirmed, strictly rumours at this moment, strictly not made up. 😜

Bulls 

AJ Wallace to Cas 

Crossley to Keighley

Ant Walker to Widnes 

Dawson Jones to Sheffield

Plus Patton to be let go.

Also heard that Ant Walker was going to Widnes. Heard that a Swinton player has signed for Widnes too.

Edited by Sainthamish

Brad Walker confirmed joining Keighley from Wakefield.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Chester Butler has been a standout loan-player for us is and is a great signing for the next two years. Perhaps he doesn't want to go back to a full-time contract? If he does want to, we won't keep him for long; Superleague will come calling.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 minute ago, Wolford6 said:

Chester Butler has been a standout loan-player for us is and is a great signing for the next two years. Perhaps he doesn't want to go back to a full-time contract? If he does want to, we won't keep him for long; Superleague will come calling.

You will be fine , I spoke to his family a year or so ago when he had his injury problems, they said he was in the process of getting fully qualified in another job and if it didn’t work out at super league he would play part time and continue with his other career opportunities . There seems to be a trend with some periphery super league quality players who can earn more money being part time and working than being full time super league players.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Chester Butler two year deal at Bradford. Real shame for the lad after showing such promise at Fax.

Dunning’s interview on signing Chester Butler was interesting. Mentioned his professionalism and also that he was “a good bloke” and these seem to be some of the criteria we’re looking for in players. Which is good, but shines a bit of a light on what’s gone wrong this year

11 hours ago, TrueBull said:

Dunning’s interview on signing Chester Butler was interesting. Mentioned his professionalism and also that he was “a good bloke” and these seem to be some of the criteria we’re looking for in players. Which is good, but shines a bit of a light on what’s gone wrong this year

I was listening to an interview with Craig lingard , think it was the love rugby league podcast , he was saying it’s just as paramount to him as their ability to have a good attitude and be a decent bloke , when you listen to Grix too he alludes to this in a lot of his re-signing videos . Only takes one bad neighbour to ruin a street .