The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

On 25/08/2022 at 11:00, Saint Toppy said:

Would anyone want any of these underperforming Wire Players ??

Rumour has it, and strong roumer at that - albeit I don't agree with it at all if true - that Leigh have signed Jack Hughes, Robbie Mulhern and Ben Davis for next year  (of those three Mulhern because if his age is the only one I would entertain) so these to go along with Josh Charnley from this depleted Warrington team this year, and while I have mentioned Josh Charnley of all the flack that Daryl Powell has had this term he is quite correct in getting shut of Charnley he is no longer a winger of SL quality, he gets fed loads of ball at Leigh in the Championship but I have yet to see him beat a man and he is as quick as Long John Silver, against York he must have had the ball and good ball on 15 occasions but if anyone was in front if him that was the end of that movement. 

Leigh have some good players they have signed on and taking into SL, but they are not enhancing those players with these signings if correct.

Edited by Harry Stottle

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Quota 

There's one place left as far as I know and two if McDonald goes to Leeds which a member of the club has intimated to me that it is very much on he is going, but I would have Mark Ioane before those mentioned in the previous post, very very good interchange prop and invariably makes things happen when he takes the field.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

There's one place left as far as I know and two if McDonald goes to Leeds which a member of the club has intimated to me that it is very much on he is going, but I would have Mark Ioane before those mentioned in the previous post, very very good interchange prop and invariably makes things happen when he takes the field.

If Macdonald does go to Leeds, then Ricky Leutele would be coming in and there is absolutely no contest in a choice between him and Mark Ioane.

I don’t usually meddle in transfer gossip but this is direct from a source within said club, a substantial offer is going to be put to Wakefield Winger Lewis Murphy and I don’t mean from Trinity  

Apparently he has less than a year on his contract and said club will offer money plus player(s)  to get him out of the last few months of his deal or even be prepared to wait it out and sign him as a free agent

They fear that waiting will allow other clubs to gazump their offer and want it done asap if it’s possible  

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Rumour has it, and strong roumer at that - albeit I don't agree with it at all if true - that Leigh have signed Jack Hughes, Robbie Mulhern and Ben Davis for next year  (of those three Mulhern because if his age is the only one I would entertain) so these to go along with Josh Charnley from this depleted Warrington team this year, and while I have mentioned Josh Charnley of all the flack that Daryl Powell has had this term he is quite correct in getting shut of Charnley he is no longer a winger of SL quality, he gets fed loads of ball at Leigh in the Championship but I have yet to see him beat a man and he is as quick as Long John Silver, against York he must have had the ball and good ball on 15 occasions but if anyone was in front if him that was the end of that movement. 

Leigh have some good players they have signed on and taking into SL, but they are not enhancing those players with these signings if correct.

Leigh can’t be far short of the SL cap now & with no homegrown player dispensation there can’t be a lot of cap space left to expand the squad so might have to shop in the bargain basement section.

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Leigh can’t be far short of the SL cap now & with no homegrown player dispensation there can’t be a lot of cap space left to expand the squad so might have to shop in the bargain basement section.

They will have the money for those leaving, and as far as I know no one signed on the Marquee rule yet,

50 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Robbie's uncle is one of my customers, I quizzed him on that very subject this morning. A cheeky smile and a tap of his nose was all I got. Make of that what you will.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

...... the flack that Daryl Powell has had ....

There's no C in flak.

It's a contraction of the German word, "FLugAbwehrKanone".

Just saying.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, OMEGA said:

I don’t usually meddle in transfer gossip but this is direct from a source within said club, a substantial offer is going to be put to Wakefield Winger Lewis Murphy and I don’t mean from Trinity  

Apparently he has less than a year on his contract and said club will offer money plus player(s)  to get him out of the last few months of his deal or even be prepared to wait it out and sign him as a free agent

They fear that waiting will allow other clubs to gazump their offer and want it done asap if it’s possible  

Don't know which club your talking about but there are several SL clubs who have approached Wakey and asked to speak to Murphy and are offering a transfer fee to take him for 2023. Saints are one of those clubs but don't know who the others are ??

Saints have a nice £100K on the way from the RFL this week for picking up the hubcap and are currently well under the Cap for next year. They matched the WRU offer Grace had of £130K (until he got a massive one from Racing in France) so there's more than enough cap space left for Murphy as his replacement.

When transfer fees are talked about its usually Wire, but can't see why they need another wingman, and plus its strongly rumoured that they've put in a massive offer to Salford for Brodie Croft.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

f Charnley he is no longer a winger of SL quality, he gets fed loads of ball at Leigh in the Championship but I have yet to see him beat a man and he is as quick as Long John Silver, against York he must have had the ball and good ball on 15 occasions but if anyone was in front if him that was the end of that movement. 

Hopefully we'll loan him out next season to a league one club. 🤠

• Like 1

Speaking of Warrington, having to live there all kinds of tripe comes my way way and it ain’t a happy club. Powell and his sidekick ‘Captain Jack Sparrow’ arnt cracking pots but I feel it will go ok for them in the end, but it isn’t a happy camp. 

Leigh just need to concentrate on going up. Take nothing for granted because on the day Anything can happen. The balance is OK and MCDonald won’t be a big loss in my opinion because his defence is soft. I wish Inu was 6 years younger to be honest. 

I want Derek to invest in the Town. There are kids who will be great in the next 10 years. That’s the reasons why Sts , Wigan and your Leeds will be untouched. I didn’t mention Warrington because they have become desperate too. 

Leigh will have some fantastic Players for the kids to grow with next season. Use them and grow them. I remember Robert MoiMoi as a kid who had regular sessions with the Junior kids whilst at Leigh and there was no one else I was interested in. He was fantastic. Role model mentality. Leigh have that availability as do others. 

Grow the game !

• Like 2