The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

44 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Dont know whats happend to Pickersgil'..... erm ask the Fev fans! 

Simples got injured playing for Bulls on loan  been sitting in stand six weeks and counting 😂

46 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

I presume that means Wardle is staying put at Warrington for next year then.

Probably,might depend if he’s out of contract & if he isn’t how much of a fee Huddersfield want for him.

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Why do Wire not want Toby King and if they don’t want him why not just sell him? I quite like him tbh 

He signed a massive deal at Warrington to the end of 2024 i think. I imagine there aren't any offers from clubs to match those wages he'll likely end up seeing out his contract on loan at other clubs. Does mean a portion of his wages will be counting on the cap for Wire next year.

1 hour ago, Ragingbull said:

Definitely not a Bulls fan thats written this. 100% a wind up!! 

'Dont know whats happend to Pickersgil'..... erm ask the Fev fans! 

Been going since 1975 . How about you?

When Featherstone signed Johnathon Ford and Mark Kheirallah during this season, Brandon Pickersgill was loaned back to us with a view to a permanent return.

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Latest from FEV CEO no names no packdrill just !!!!!

This is a really busy time off the field at present with lots of contractual discussions going on and we should have plenty of good news to share with you all in the next few weeks, I think there will be a few surprises in there! 🤣

16 hours ago, POR said:

This is a really busy time off the field at present with lots of contractual discussions going on and we should have plenty of good news to share with you all in the next few weeks, I think there will be a few surprises in there! 🤣

Is that for this season or next? Hasn't the transfer window closed for this season now?

If it is for next season you must be having a clear out of some of the older members of your roster, irrespective of if Fev will be in SL or chasing promotion again in the Championship.

21 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Elliot Kear and Jordan Lilley are two players who we should be keeping. Neither disappears when we are losing.

Saying Lilley would be a back-up player at Halifax is a joke, founded on Bulls rivalry and Bulls envy. He's probably in the top three halfbacks in the Championship; definitely the best cover-tackler. What the Bulls lack are a creative stand off and loose forward who can work with him. Despite the useless pitch, we have created overlaps but the link play has been non-existent.

Elliot Kear gives everything and, even as a bench player, would cover centre, wing, fullback and, I reckon, hooker. He's an elusive runner, tackles and still has a bit of pace.

Dec Patten is an interesting case; brilliant kicker but, to me,  doesn't appear desperate to do much more in games. He knows he's a Superleague player and, in fairness, he belongs there.

It seems we will lose Ben Evans and Ant Walker next season ... our two best forwards until Chester Butler arrived on loan.

We have got exciting young players who can step up to the mark at fullback or halfback, in George Flanagan Junior and Myles Lawford. I'm not sure what has happened to Elliot Hall and Brandon Pickersgill but I'd love to see them back and firing next season. Up front, I've a lot of time for Samy Kibula and Ebon Scurr. To me, Rhys Evans would make a better second row than centre and vice-versa for Brad England. We could do with these lads forming a skeleton for padding out with talented young guns from the academy.

Look how many former Bulls juniors are plying their trade in Superleague. With a shift from our sterile Five-Drives-and-a-Kick game plan (to be fair, there is a Plan B ... Six Drives) we could bring young kids in and play an expansive game.

At first, we won't reach the playoffs  but we haven't won anything under Kearball either. It would at the very least stop the decline in spectator attendances. I would think that most of the current regulars only attend because they've got season tickets. In all honesty, who would pay £20+ to watch the current dross on offer? It would also be good for the other Championship teams because, when the local interest is there, Bradfordians will always travel to away games in big numbers.

In a couple of years we could be promotion contenders again.

I stopped reading when you said Lilley was in the top 3 halves and assumed it was just a joke post. Because he's nowhere near top 3, never has been and never will be.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is that for this season or next? Hasn't the transfer window closed for this season now?

If it is for next season you must be having a clear out of some of the older members of your roster, irrespective of if Fev will be in SL or chasing promotion again in the Championship.

Obviously it's for next season, yes the transfer window closed several weeks ago. And yes, I'd imagine there will be a fair few in the current squad who won't be with us next year, though perversely my idea of Fev's player of the season is 36 years old.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nothus said:

I stopped reading when you said Lilley was in the top 3 halves and assumed it was just a joke post. Because he's nowhere near top 3, never has been and never will be.

Johnathan Ford, Jarrod Sammut and then who? Dane Chisholm's now with Keighley. Joe Keyes' attack is let down by his non-existent tackling. Matty Smith was good but is now in his mid-thirties and on his eighth club.

There's an argument for Joe Mellor but anyone would look good in that Leigh team and he doesn't kick goals. Lam is new and doesn't seem to have a goalkicking record.  Krisnan Inu is 35 and I reckon Leigh will recruit an additional goalkicking halfback for Superleague.

No one else really stands out from the teams that I've seen this season.

5 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Johnathan Ford, Jarrod Sammut and then who? Dane Chisholm's now with Keighley. Joe Keyes' attack is let down by his non-existent tackling. Matty Smith was good but is now in his mid-thirties and on his eighth club.

There's an argument for Joe Mellor but anyone would look good in that Leigh team and he doesn't kick goals. Lam is new and doesn't seem to have a goalkicking record.  Krisnan Inu is 35 and I reckon Leigh will recruit an additional goalkicking halfback for Superleague.

Morgan Smith is several levels above Lilley. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Ford, Sammut, Keyes, Mellor, Jacks, Smith (Morgan), Reynolds and Lam would all be on my list before Lilley. Chisholm too.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, POR said:

Here's a wild rumour for you. David & Andrew Fifita to Fev next year. Don't believe it myself, but the source is usually fairly correct.

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

Joe Keyes' attack is let down by his non-existent tackling.

Can't say ive seen his defence stand out as non existent, maybe it happened in the game I missed. He will probably get our player of the year and I wouldn't take another half back from our league in front of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Can't say ive seen his defence stand out as non existent, maybe it happened in the game I missed. He will probably get our player of the year and I wouldn't take another half back from our league in front of him.

I think the first part of the season he was perhaps not fully committed to the defensive side of the game but I wouldn’t question that now , he took crossley down one on one in the Bradford away game who probably weighs 7/8 stone more . Keyes has a slight build so yeah sometimes he gets rolled but not for the lack of trying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Think this is the first time in 20 years Ive disagreed with you.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

3 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

If you really are a Bulls fan then i know we should be sticking together but my god you've had an absolute shocker there. 

Sometimes things are best left unsaid.

4 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

No need got a goalkicking halfback at Leigh Wooly, we have Ben Reynolds who I thought was the better of the two between him and Mellor till he had a prolonged absence with a bad hand injury, came at the wrong time for him with Lam arriving.

What about Ryley Jack's?

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No need got a goalkicking halfback at Leigh Wooly, we have Ben Reynolds who I thought was the better of the two between him and Mellor till he had a prolonged absence with a bad hand injury, came at the wrong time for him with Lam arriving.

What about Ryley Jack's?

Mellor by far the better half back than Reynolds. And I'd have both of them, and Lam, over Jordan Lilley. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Up to Reynolds being injured he was the better of the two, my opinion of course.

All subjective. I always felt that Reynolds benefitted from being inside MacDonald and Inu, who were able to make up for the extra time that Reynolds would seem to need to decide what to do. Whereas we seemed to miss Mellor more when he wasn't playing. Reynolds has definitely improved though.

Well, looks like plenty of people disagree with me!

I can't understand it.

😃😉

Fair enough, we can continue the argument next season, when Chisholm and Lilley will be back playing and the Leigh contingent won't.