The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Only in jest Griff , you ' pedants ' are a pet hate of mine , all the best 👍😀

I was far more offended by Harry's allegation of cyberbullying. If educating folk on etymology is bullying, we're in a bad way.☹

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

7 hours ago, Griff said:

I was far more offended by Harry's allegation of cyberbullying. If educating folk on etymology is bullying, we're in a bad way.☹

If everyone used the correct etymology, there'd be no local accents.

Welleruwarthen. 😉

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

8 hours ago, bobbruce said:

You still need £150k cap space to sign an overseas marquee player. 

Yes I know Bob, but if the vibes are true that Dr Koukash is getting on board we can pay much more than the reduced fees that count towards the cap, as I said we have one overseas space at the moment if MacDonald goes we will have two, but the marquee(s) doesn't have to be overseas player's.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

It's being said that Worthington from Fax to Barrow for 2023

One of Arundel or Worthington leaving would make sense with the emergence of Ben Tibbs and with Arundel already having a contract for next season it could very well be true. Im a big Worthington fan and I would struggle to pick a better defensive centre in the Championship to be honest but Tibbs probably suits the way that Grix has the team playing better.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nope £150K is the value that goes on the Cap Register, a club can give the player whatever he wants or are prepared to give them, to my knowledge the biggest ever was Money Bill Williams who reportedly got a million from Toronto 

Heard we had signed 4 marquees capped at £150k each but costing £2m a season

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Probably remain at Barrow, not many SL clubs will be willing to buy out 2 yrs remain contract on top of a new package when they have their own youth coming through. 

Might be a possibility that ritson is happy at the raiders and not interested in a move.