Three match ban

Anyone watching the highlights on SL show which clearly show Mago putting Hall into a seated position and falling on him (textbook crusher) will be wondering just how the panel have not punished that. 

inconclusive footage that pressure has been applied. Literally shows Mago pulling Hall into a seated position and then falling on him from behind and you can see the jarring as Mago then 2 other Wigan players apply weight. 

Apparently Hall tripped and there’s inconclusive evidence. Yet on the SL show highlights is as textbook as they come. Only the RFL eh.

Shocker that one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

Anyone watching the highlights on SL show which clearly show Mago putting Hall into a seated position and falling on him (textbook crusher) will be wondering just how the panel have not punished that. 

inconclusive footage that pressure has been applied. Literally shows Mago pulling Hall into a seated position and then falling on him from behind and you can see the jarring as Mago then 2 other Wigan players apply weight. 

Apparently Hall tripped and there’s inconclusive evidence. Yet on the SL show highlights is as textbook as they come. Only the RFL eh.

Shocker that one.

Well, that's alright then, so does that mean Tanginoa should not face disciplinary action then?

4 minutes ago, meast said:

Well, that's alright then, so does that mean Tanginoa should not face disciplinary action then?

???

Where does Trojan mention Tanginoa here?

Mago should have been banned, regardless of whatever sanction Tanginoa got.

The only connection/discussion point linking the 2 incidents is the inconsistency of the disciplinary panel.

3 hours ago, dboy said:

???

The only connection/discussion point linking the 2 incidents is the inconsistency of the disciplinary panel.

You are incorrect. Neither incident has been anywhere near the Disciplinary Panel

3 hours ago, dboy said:

???

Cheers DB. As you say it was more I didn’t want to start a new topic with this running.

The two incidents are seperate incidents. 

i have no issue with Tanginoa copping a ban although watching. The clip of that I feel it’s a harsh punishment. There appeared no malice and just Tanginoa trying to pull a player down by the waist and it went wrong. Likely due to some other contact from Lino. 

I have no issue so long as it’s penalised consistently with bans. You see these tackles happen now and then in games with players trying to pull others down and no penalty so it’s just a grey line on where it becomes dangerous. 

The issue I have with the Mago one is it’s clear cut on the superleague show footage but the MRP must have been having a snooze during that clip lol.

I hope Mago has a good game vs Toulouse! But like Tanginoa he needs to look at his tackle technique.

Edited by Trojan Horse
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, yipyee said:

I don't know what everyone sees wrong with this, is there any other angles as I can't see what he's supposed to have done.. genuine question

Defenders still have a duty of care to the attackers and this tackle is a bit reckless and in dropping to the ground in that manor could cause all number of lower bone or ligament damage.

• Like 1

That looks a clumsy tackle rather than a deliberate attempt to hurt the leg/ankle of the opponent, but it still could have caused a serious injury so I don't think anyone can really complain about getting 3 games for it.. As for Mr Magoo, baffled how he didn't get a ban for a crusher, it looks to be about as obvious a crusher as we've seen all year for which other players have picked up bans for. He can count himself very very lucky the reviewer left his specs at home when reviewing that incident.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 16/08/2022 at 00:53, Trojan Horse said:

Shocker that one.

Whataboutery at it's finest right there!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, yipyee said:

I don't know what everyone sees wrong with this, is there any other angles as I can't see what he's supposed to have done.. genuine question

Seriously - it's a drop (ninja drop) tackle where the tackler tackles the body but then wraps his legs thus body weight and drops the ball carrier with legs trapped by his full body weight, potentially snapping the leg on the way down!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daz39 said:

Seriously - it's a drop (ninja drop) tackle where the tackler tackles the body but then wraps his legs thus body weight and drops the ball carrier with legs trapped by his full body weight, potentially snapping the leg on the way down!!!

It’s called a hip drop tackle. He dropped his body weight and the club aren’t contesting that however I fail to see where Tanginoa traps/wraps his legs. Can’t see that from the clip or angle at all but would suspect he fell awkward and some part of Tanginoa fell onto his foot/leg. 

i have no issue with this being penalised - so long as all similar ones are and it’s consistent. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daz39 said:

So is a sear tackle ok, its just that both legs left the ground?

On 15/08/2022 at 20:36, daz39 said:

Just noticed this was posted by a Wakefield fan, was he expecting outrage at the ban handed out to his own team player or was he sharing this example of an awfully dangerous bad tackle so we could condemn it too?

I was canvassing the opinion of neutrals of the severity of the ban, after reading opinions I believe it should have been a two match ban and can see why the disciplinary panel picked it out whereas seeing it live there didn’t see much wrong with it. The Wigan fans who were close to the tackle hardly made a murmur about it…

f3gms4.jpg

On 17/08/2022 at 09:41, daz39 said:

He does NOT wrap his legs!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, dboy said:

Davo5 - if you think he wraps his legs, then I can 100% tell that you are trolling, as you cannot have seen the clip of the incident.

You don’t have to wrap the legs around for it to be a hip drop tackle. The indicator is a player who once hold of a player turns a hip into them then drops down with their body weight. Almost a carbon copy of what’s in the video. 

10 hours ago, dboy said:

Davo5 - if you think he wraps his legs, then I can 100% tell that you are trolling, as you cannot have seen the clip of the incident.

Yeah ok,I’m not particularly bothered what the player did with his legs,it was still an awful tackle but it is amusing seeing you constantly bringing it up in a vain attempt to stick up for your player.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Again the defender does have a duty of care to the attacker and this is reckless more than deliberate. Its more a training ground tackle where someone has run past you and you basically jump on their back without them expecting it putting undue pressure on the lower joints.

Training ground tackle ? The physio are Fax must be extremely busy.

• Like 1