England Knights to play France B and Scotland

Someone's got confused and given Scotland a game in Scotland?

Good to see. Pleased to see games like this happening.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Good to see Scotland playing in Scotland. Any idea what stadium in Bordeaux? I’m guessing not the Stade de Bordeaux! 

We can only hope it's advertised locally and properly in Scotland, not just a piece of A4 in the butchers window on the high street, the televised games they showed from Scotland did our International credibility no good at all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'd be interested to see the strength of a French B team, presumably that would just be largely domestic French league players.

And what about the English team, how strong do you expect that to be, will it be the guys on the periphery of selection for the full International squad?

Edited by Harry Stottle

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

And what about the English team, how strong do you expect that to be, will it be the guys on the periphery of selection for the full International squad?

I'd expect it to be in keeping with usual Knights teams, mainly young players on the periphery or with potential.

Knights squad is as follows:

Jon Bennison (St Helens), Jack Broadbent (Leeds Rhinos), Jack Brown (Hull FC), Matt English (Huddersfield Giants), Morgan Gannon (Leeds Rhinos), Sam Halsall, Ethan Havard (both Wigan Warriors), Tom Holroyd (both Leeds Rhinos), Jordan Lane (Hull FC), Mikey Lewis, Jez Litten (both Hull KR), Ellis Longstaff (Warrington Wolves), James McDonnell (Wigan Warriors), Lewis Murphy (Wakefield Trinity), Matt Nicholson, Brad O’Neill, Oliver Partington (all Wigan Warriors), Will Pryce (Huddersfield Giants), Cameron Smith (Leeds Rhinos) Harry Smith, Morgan Smithies (both Wigan Warriors), Josh Thewlis (Warrington Wolves), Liam Tindall (Leeds Rhinos), Owen Trout (Huddersfield Giants), Jake Trueman (Castleford Tigers), Danny Walker (Warrington Wolves), Matt Whitley (Catalans Dragons), Oliver Wilson (Huddersfield Giants) Jake Wingfield (St Helens), Connor Wrench (Warrington Wolves).

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'd be interested to see the strength of a French B team, presumably that would just be largely domestic French league players.

Not necessarily.

new rise.jpg

France B would depend on whether players will be picked only from outside the top 17 or whether those in the 24-man squad will be considered. 

If only those outside the top 17 are considered you could end up with something like this from the English leagues, no doubt the FFR will use it as an opportunity to bring Elite One players though:

1. Morgan Escare
2. Paul Marcon
3. Gavin Margueirite/Hakim Miloudi
4. Matthieu Jussaume
5. Ilias Bergal
6. Lucas Albert
7. Cesar Rouge
8. Gadwin Springer
9. Thomas Lacans
10. Maxime Puech
11. Maxime Stefani
12. Corentin Le Cam
13. Anthony Marion
14. Louis Jouffret
15. Matthieu Cozza
16. Kevin Larroyer
17. Hugo Pezet

On 23/08/2022 at 11:52, johnh1 said:

Have any Scottish players ever been to Scotland?

A reasonable point. 

Im all in favour of having national teams,  where there is a real and sustainable development of our sport in that country. 

Serbia,  the Lebanon,  Wales, and fiji and examples of nations who are growing and building the game. 

Its fantastic that Scotland have some Amature clubs, but is there anyone in our sport at this moment in time who is actually Scottish

27 minutes ago, The storm said:

A reasonable point. 

Im all in favour of having national teams,  where there is a real and sustainable development of our sport in that country. 

Serbia,  the Lebanon,  Wales, and fiji and examples of nations who are growing and building the game. 

Its fantastic that Scotland have some Amature clubs, but is there anyone in our sport at this moment in time who is actually Scottish

What do you mean by Scottish?  

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Oh no, you’re going to open up the debate about how people can ‘feel’ Scottish, when they’ve never been there and have one grandparent from there now. 

Well

My great grandmother is welsh

And i went to wales on holiday on a regular basis

But do i feel welsh

No😳

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, The storm said:

Born in scotland 

44 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Oh no, you’re going to open up the debate about how people can ‘feel’ Scottish, when they’ve never been there and have one grandparent from there now. 

As long as you are judging every nation by the same standards. But people don't. 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2022 at 10:35, Eddie said:

Good to see Scotland playing in Scotland. Any idea what stadium in Bordeaux? I’m guessing not the Stade de Bordeaux! 

A basic ground with a running track around it.

Conveniently close to Bordeaux airport, straight in and straight out at low cost for the Knights I sense. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

A basic ground with a running track around it.

Conveniently close to Bordeaux airport, straight in and straight out at low cost for the Knights I sense. 

Thanks. No Mens RL team in Bordeaux either (there is a woman’s team which is great), though historically there was so maybe the game can make a comeback there. 

• Thanks 1