If the Queen dies

johnh1

17 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

I have read that sports fixtures will be postponed for 9 days. Does anyone know if this is true and what will happen in our sport if this is true?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that a funeral would be on a Saturday and all sporting fixtures would be postponed, I believe there were already provisions for our World Cup final to be played on the Sunday

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

12 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I imagine the same would happen if we were a republic and the President died.

Wouldn't though, would it?

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Protocol 

From fifty years ago 🙄

The plebs must show their sorrow.

For nine days they cannot enjoy themselves and must only listen to slow music whilst moaning that there's nowt on the TV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Some odd people, is there any need for the vitriol?

There's always someone who wants to grandstand and showboat, just for the attention.

• Like 9

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Anyway, wonder if the game tomorrow being in France will make a difference to any cancellations?

Does the £100,000 charter have a refund policy?

• Haha 9

36 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I seem to remember reading somewhere that a funeral would be on a Saturday and all sporting fixtures would be postponed, I believe there were already provisions for our World Cup final to be played on the Sunday

You are correct about the WC which would support a view that only events on the day of a funeral and probably a coronation would be cancelled/ postponed

4 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Exactly the time and place BBC suspended all other programs

I don't disagree with your sentiments. But it's a bit uncool to express them in the way you did on a thread inquiring what would happen in the event of her death. The person was asking for information. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Its about games being cancelled so it is about RL why should RL be cancelled, why should every BBC channel show only the news 

I don’t think RL should be cancelled however if you can’t see why the nationsl broadcaster would suspend programming due to the death of the Queen youre naive at best.

• Like 3

Focussing on this purely logistically from a Rugby League point of view it is comedically unfortunate timing. 

If they cancelled sport for ten days as is being suggested then the Grand Final will have to be moved because otherwise we've got two rounds of play offs to squeeze into six days. 

The logistical challenges for the sport are immense.