Jump to content

Sat 24th Sept: SLGF: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00 (Sky)


Who will win?  

84 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • St Helens by 13 points or more
      13
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
      24
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
      5
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
      26
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
      15
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
      1

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/22 at 17:30

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Following tweets about how bad the disciplinary is, Ryan Bailey now hopes that there is a “bit of biff” in the final that the officials just let go. He never struck me as the smartest human being about but he’s really, really thick, isn’t he?

On a par with Jamie Foster

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 21/09/2022 at 19:49, Loiner said:

If Saints had one iota of decency they should drop Knowles and let Bennison play. The kid has had his chance taken away by the clowns at the RFL. Feel sorry for the lad if this happens.

If Leeds had one iota of decency they’d drop the drunken criminal Hardaker and the scummy wife Beater Tetevano and let 2 decent honest lads play. These 2 young lads have had their chance taken away by 2 filthy scummy human beings 😁

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

If Leeds had one iota of decency they’d drop the drunken criminal Hardaker and the scummy wife Beater Tetevano and let 2 decent honest lads play. These 2 young lads have had their chance taken away by 2 filthy scummy human beings 😁

Totally agree with you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/09/2022 at 19:13, GeordieSaint said:

Saints have sold out their initial allocation and have a few more from the RFL.

Haven’t seen the top tier of the West Stand open though. Still a quite a few available on the RFL website. I’m going for a 60-65k attendance.

Saints have sold out 

ain't THAT the truth.

I hope they get the defeat they so rightly deserve. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."

Albert Einstein   (Fat chance on THIS forum)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Saints have sold out 

ain't THAT the truth.

I hope they get the defeat they so rightly deserve. 

I have tried to buy tickets today

4 infact as i decided to treat some family

I cant seem to get any tickets

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Petty post alert.

Not really anything to do with the match,  but something I am finding really cringey is Barrie McDermott referring to this game as the Big Dance for the last two or three years.  He keeps saying things like,  "the event we refer to as the Big Dance".  No,  we don't Barrie. 

However SL have started to do this now and it just doesn't make sense.  It's not terminology anyone really knows about,  unless you go and do a Google search and find it is some weird reference to a basketball coach or something from years back. 

SL social media has Big Dance Bingo on there right now. Wtf? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, The storm said:

I have tried to buy tickets today

4 infact as i decided to treat some family

I cant seem to get any tickets

Even though there's thousands of unsold tickets and the other day they'd started with the every other row thing, for reasons known only to themselves tickets have gone off sale this morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Ghost of 99 said:

Even though there's thousands of unsold tickets and the other day they'd started with the every other row thing, for reasons known only to themselves tickets have gone off sale this morning.

I think you can probably buy at the stadium,  but you'd think that would be highlighted when you press the 'Buy tickets'  button on the SL website instead of it taking you to a ticket page with no mention of the event they have just told you you can buy tickets for. 

Real basic stuff. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Petty post alert.

Not really anything to do with the match,  but something I am finding really cringey is Barrie McDermott referring to this game as the Big Dance for the last two or three years.  He keeps saying things like,  "the event we refer to as the Big Dance".  No,  we don't Barrie. 

However SL have started to do this now and it just doesn't make sense.  It's not terminology anyone really knows about,  unless you go and do a Google search and find it is some weird reference to a basketball coach or something from years back. 

SL social media has Big Dance Bingo on there right now. Wtf? 

Foodbanks are now being referred to as community hubs..... Its much more friendly on the ear. 

Crisis....... What crisis

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, The storm said:

I have tried to buy tickets today

4 infact as i decided to treat some family

I cant seem to get any tickets

Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone, or they'll all not want to get tickets. 😀😀😀😀😀

By the way, my reference to "sold out" was a reflection on Saints continuing lack of moral fibre  👍👍👍

  • Haha 1

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."

Albert Einstein   (Fat chance on THIS forum)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Jughead said:

I don’t know if I’ve missed it amongst all the stuff that’s gone on this week but is there a live band on or is it just the Radio Six presenter?

Ooo a Radio Six presenter i didn’t know that, we might get a bit of alternative music played, id like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Leeds really are the good guys in this and will carry ALL neutral support in and out of the stadium 

Can they overcome the adversity they have faced and achieve the miracle win. If they do it'll be the greatest SL title win of all the 25 so far 

Will Leeds sit back and absorb  ...trusting their line defence again....it certainly conserved energy compared to quick line speed last week. I think if they can keep Wigan out then they keep Saints out at least to an extent. 

I believe the planet's are aligning and it's their destiny this year .....Leeds by a drop goal or penalty in a low scoring game 

Hardaker gets the HS trophy for creating all 3 Leeds tries through line breaks / offloads 

One sleep to go!!!

If the neutral fans want Leeds to win how can they be neutral ?. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neutrality does not mean you can't be on the side of decency, honesty and morality. 

  • Haha 1

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution."

Albert Einstein   (Fat chance on THIS forum)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JohnM said:

Neutrality does not mean you can't be on the side of decency, honesty and morality. 

Wigan know all about morality don’t they. I remember when Flower punched an already unconscious Ohaia whist he was on the floor. Then according to Wane they were the moral victors on the day. Funny old world. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Ooo a Radio Six presenter i didn’t know that, we might get a bit of alternative music played, id like that. 

Radio SIX ?! I didn't know there was one 😳 😅 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Petty post alert.

Not really anything to do with the match,  but something I am finding really cringey is Barrie McDermott referring to this game as the Big Dance for the last two or three years.  He keeps saying things like,  "the event we refer to as the Big Dance".  No,  we don't Barrie. 

However SL have started to do this now and it just doesn't make sense.  It's not terminology anyone really knows about,  unless you go and do a Google search and find it is some weird reference to a basketball coach or something from years back. 

SL social media has Big Dance Bingo on there right now. Wtf? 

It's an NRL term, they've been using it over there for a decade or so. With that said, I agree with you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, V02 said:

It's an NRL term, they've been using it over there for a decade or so. With that said, I agree with you.

I haven't really heard it around the NRL,  but I dont watch any discussion stuff as obvious y Sky cut it off. 

On wiki I saw that Aussies used the term,  it explicitly called out AFL,  but I see NRL use it. 

But there is literally no reason for us to use this nonsense term,  Aussies are far closer to US popular culture than us I find. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Radio SIX ?! I didn't know there was one 😳 😅 

When i get chance to listen to 6 Music i only listen to Steve Lamacq, Marc Riley, Gideon Coe. I don’t bother with the stuff before it and i give the weekend a big wide berth with all that dance, rap, soul, deep house, soulful house, Italian Speedcore, stuff with Craig Charles.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

One bitter Bulls fan by sound of that lol 😆 

Not really mate, would you want Cas to win if they were playing tonight? 

Do you think all the Wigan fans will be cheering for Saints. 

Do you know what a local rivalry is? 

Edited by Ragingbull
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Not really mate, would you want Cas to win if they were playing tonight? 

Do you think all the Wigan fans will be cheering for Saints. 

Do you know what a local rivalry is? 

After Hull KR, Leeds are the team I dislike the most.

However, after the disgrace of the RFL disciplinary this week, I’ll be rooting for them later.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

"For you, there'll be no more crying, for you the sun will be shining, and I feel that when I'm with you, it's alright, I know it's right"

                                                                                 Christine McVie 1976

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...