Sat 24th Sept: SLGF: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/22 at 17:30

13 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Tonight's news paints the game's guardians in such a bad light.

Echoing others from above, it does make one feel dispirited and dismayed.

In many ways Saints will win on the field but lose hearts and minds. A Pyrrhic victory if ever there was one.

As opposed to a team finishing half way down the league and possibly being crowned Champions. Now that truly does make the sport of Rugby League a laughing stock.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Bod said:

As opposed to a team finishing half way down the league and possibly being crowned Champions. Now that truly does make the sport of Rugby League a laughing stock.

Everyone knew the rules when the season kicked off,WHY can't some fan's grasp this ?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Everyone knew the rules when the season kicked off,WHY can't some fan's grasp this ?

He ain't the brightest TBF having read some of his previous posts. Doesn't surprise me one bit.😂

I see Saints have done the honourable thing and left Chris Kendall and their new signing Matt Trivu-Panel out of their squad.👏👏👏

• Like 1

Think Saints will win by two scores at least and become the first team to win 4 in a row. What a fantastic achievement if they can do it especially with all the adversity faced this year 🙌🙌🙌 Saints record against Leeds in GF's is shocking 🤯 but this Leeds team isn't that Leeds team. 

6 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

As much as this Saints fiasco pains me I just can't bring myself to want Leeds to win being a Salfordian!

If Leeds do pull it off it will only make Salford's defeat in the semi more painful as I genuinely believe we'd have beaten them at OT with the reigning MOS available.😩

For me, Brodie Croft's absence was far more regrettable. He was in fanstastic form and we will never know unfortunately what would have happened had he played.

It was also sad to see Brodie upset, but he reacted superbly. He set a fantastic example by bringing the water on and encouraging his team mates. 

I think Leeds have to respond the same way and just forget about the Knowles controversy and play their own game. Conversely it might work against St Helens, sometimes these things do. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, hullste said:

Think Saints will win by two scores at least and become the first team to win 4 in a row. What a fantastic achievement if they can do it especially with all the adversity faced this year 🙌🙌🙌 Saints record against Leeds in GF's is shocking 🤯 but this Leeds team isn't that Leeds team. 

Yeah Ste and this saints team isn't that saints team either. Hope Knowles gets MOTM too.

• Haha 1

I didn’t witness any crowd trouble last season Vs Catalans bar a couple of young French lads in their twenties trying to have a fight with a toilet cubicle about 5mins walk from the stadium. I definitely didn’t see any in 2020, nor any in 2019, but i have see bother in the other GF’s ive been too. So i am hoping to see another final without any pished up fans who end up fighting with their own supporters. A 6pm KO does give some fans plenty of time to get smashed before the match though and partake in taking illegal substances. Why anybody would want to do that is something i still find baffling. But touchwood it’ll be a trouble free night, with no rain and mild as well and a great game. As long as Saints don’t win it the cheating Scouse B*******. 

Woolf has done really well to resist the temptation to bring players back too early and as a result the squad suddenly looks pretty strong for the final with only Grace, Dodd and Walmsley now missing.

i think young Bennison will be the unlucky one to miss out with Hoppa back at full face and Percy remaining on the wing.

I think we’ll go:

Hopoate

Makinson, Hurrell, Matautia, Percival

Welsby, Lomax

Lees, Roby, Paasi

Batchelor, Sironen, Knowles 

Bench: LMS, Wingfield, Lussick, Bell

I the big risk is if Hopoate pulls up injured and no Bennison in the squad - would probably mean having to move Welsby to FB and play a scratch halves combo or Makinson to FB, Sione to wing and Bachelor to centre.  Much could hinge on him making it through the game.

I think that team has enough to get the job done. Can’t wait to jump on that train up north, history or misery awaits!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Woolf has done really well to resist the temptation to bring players back too early and as a result the squad suddenly looks pretty strong for the final with only Grace, Dodd and Walmsley now missing.

i think young Bennison will be the unlucky one to miss out with Hoppa back at full face and Percy remaining on the wing.

I think we’ll go:

Hopoate

Makinson, Hurrell, Matautia, Percival

Welsby, Lomax

Lees, Roby, Paasi

Batchelor, Sironen, Knowles 

Bench: LMS, Wingfield, Lussick, Bell

I the big risk is if Hopoate pulls up injured and no Bennison in the squad - would probably mean having to move Welsby to FB and play a scratch halves combo or Makinson to FB, Sione to wing and Bachelor to centre.  Much could hinge on him making it through the game.

I think that team has enough to get the job done. Can’t wait to jump on that train up north, history or misery awaits!

Hope it's misery.

• Like 1

Leeds really are the good guys in this and will carry ALL neutral support in and out of the stadium 

Can they overcome the adversity they have faced and achieve the miracle win. If they do it'll be the greatest SL title win of all the 25 so far 

Will Leeds sit back and absorb  ...trusting their line defence again....it certainly conserved energy compared to quick line speed last week. I think if they can keep Wigan out then they keep Saints out at least to an extent. 

I believe the planet's are aligning and it's their destiny this year .....Leeds by a drop goal or penalty in a low scoring game 

Hardaker gets the HS trophy for creating all 3 Leeds tries through line breaks / offloads 

One sleep to go!!!

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Leeds really are the good guys in this and will carry ALL neutral support in and out of the stadium 

Can they overcome the adversity they have faced and achieve the miracle win. If they do it'll be the greatest SL title win of all the 25 so far 

Will Leeds sit back and absorb  ...trusting their line defence again....it certainly conserved energy compared to quick line speed last week. I think if they can keep Wigan out then they keep Saints out at least to an extent. 

I believe the planet's are aligning and it's their destiny this year .....Leeds by a drop goal or penalty in a low scoring game 

Hardaker gets the HS trophy for creating all 3 Leeds tries through line breaks / offloads 

One sleep to go!!!

You set Leeds up as the saviours of modern RL and then spoil it by having Hardacre as your knight in shining armour. Also won’t this be the 27 SL title. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

One sleep to go!!!

Yeah, that Hardaker guy is defintely the god guy in all of this ha ha....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Niels said:

For me, Brodie Croft's absence was far more regrettable. He was in fanstastic form and we will never know unfortunately what would have happened had he played.

It was also sad to see Brodie upset, but he reacted superbly. He set a fantastic example by bringing the water on and encouraging his team mates. 

He is a star. Truth being that it would have been Brodie's head, arm, eyes or rectum being professionally "manipulated" by the "Saints" had he been playing last Saturday.

Would he survive for the final?

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

Given Hardaker didn’t like travelling from Leeds to Wigan, what day did he set off for that arduous trek from Leeds to Old Trafford? 

I suppose be just thankful if he actually makes it to this grand final, rather than dropping his club right in it.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

All I am hoping for is that Leeds have been practicing the new officially legalised chicken wing tackle all week and apply it constantly in every tackle 

So do I as then we would see plenty of Leeds players penalised and sin binned. 

• Haha 1