Signings for 2023

Evs62

2 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Plays for North Sydney Bears in the Jersey Flegg Cup, doesn't mean much to me but I think it's a step up from country football that Mully came from. As always I hope he's as good as he looks on YouTube. 

The Jersey Flegg is NSW’s under 21 competition. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Plays for North Sydney Bears in the Jersey Flegg Cup, doesn't mean much to me but I think it's a step up from country football that Mully came from. As always I hope he's as good as he looks on YouTube. 

Dont think bears run  in jersey flegg, u21 comp for NRL sides i thought

5 hours ago, townie88 said:

Heard what? Do you have to go to the ground to get info on new signings? Just stating what his stats are?

Ok , I will explain , he was at Wales with Anthony and had an injury that kept him out of the game ,he has been playing amateur getting his fitness up and we have signed him , I think that is all correct, I'm sure the club in due course will explain more  to those that weren't at the club today.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Ok , I will explain , he was at Wales with Anthony and had an injury that kept him out of the game ,he has been playing amateur getting his fitness up and we have signed him , I think that is all correct, I'm sure the club in due course will explain more  to those that weren't at the club today.

He played 3 games for NW and scored a try

after all the disruption of last season, I'm quite impressed that the club have pulled a squad together as quickly as they have with some decent looking signings amongst them.

No doubt we will need some more experienced campaigners but the early signs are looking quite good and its nice to see a bit of structure behind the signings.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hang back now to see who becomes available in the early part of 2023, or make some enquiries for who might become available when the French league finishes in March/April time

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

after all the disruption of last season, I'm quite impressed that the club have pulled a squad together as quickly as they have with some decent looking signings amongst them.

No doubt we will need some more experienced campaigners but the early signs are looking quite good and its nice to see a bit of structure behind the signings.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hang back now to see who becomes available in the early part of 2023, or make some enquiries for who might become available when the French league finishes in March/April time

They might be too inexperienced but i like the makeup of the squad so far . Four good props and some young backrowers , pace at hooker x2 . Another 4 say a prop, two wingers and a halfback should do it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

They might be too inexperienced but i like the makeup of the squad so far . Four good props and some young backrowers , pace at hooker x2 . Another 4 say a prop, two wingers and a halfback should do it.

can't speak for every supporter, but something feels a bit different from previous seasons, I have a bit more confidence in the way these players are being signed. That optimism could be misplaced or purely down to the fact the club have had to bring so many new faces to the club, but time will tell and the friendly games will be a good indicator of where we are and where we need to strengthen before the league action starts.

Eitherway, and first and foremost we have a squad which gives the coaching staff something to work with - effectively a clean slate for everyone at the club

• Like 1