RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Which is a shame, because  Sheffield, Newcastle, Leeds, Huddersfield, Bolton, Coventry, Hull, York etc. all have either thousands of university students, or tens of thousands. Easy target market to reach, and doesn't cannibalise your full-price sales elsewhere.

I wonder whether they could have gone to the individual student unions and pitched it as a fundraiser. We'll give £3 to your student rag (or to fund womens sport in your university, or whatever) for each £15 ticket you sell. Or reserved a couple of blocks at Bramall Lane for students and said - here's 1000 tickets with face value £25. Sell them to your students for whatever price you like and give us £10 000 at the end, whatever you take above that, you keep.

Well quite. I’m assuming that they thought they were going to sell all these £70 tickets so why waste recourses on £10 tickets. 

The fact is a relatively small uptick in attendance and we could be looking at both the biggest gate receipts and the best attended World Cup. On top of this I’m sure a lot of students would have been new to the game. 

15 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

What was the Australia Fiji attendance? Id be shocked if this wasn't higher - the Members offer seems to have sold out as its no longer available and I know quite a few people that this is the headingley game they have chosen to go to.

Mind you if they haven't been able to buy tickets because of the useless website I could be totally wrong

Aye, I hope you're right. My comment was slightly tongue in cheek based on the fact that every crowd has probably come in below expectations. 

Maybe Aus v Scotland at Coventry could be classed as par. 

Been on the phone to the customer service desk to see what the status of tickets is for WCF, as I am trying to get hold of some Cat D tickets (£60). There are no two seats together in any block in that category in the stadium. Whilst it doesn't help me, that has to be a really good sign.

Apparently, more may become available in time, but only due to returns or stadium set-up. All blocks are on sale.

Still no idea about Bramall Lane attendance tomorrow. It is has been amazingly quiet on socials. I really do hope it isn't an embarrassing look.

• Like 1

Just on the final. A friend who has done all the ticket organising for a group of us tried to buy tickets last week and struggled to get any together. 

He finally managed it in the £85 section. 

I don't know the pricing bands but certainly at £60 he was only being offered singles. 

About 4 miles from Headingley and can tell you they couldn't ask for a much better evening for it than this in the last few days of October. Funny to see the weather has been great for most of the games, while the cricket in Aus is struggling to get a game played at the moment ...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hanover XIII said:

Just on the final. A friend who has done all the ticket organising for a group of us tried to buy tickets last week and struggled to get any together. 

He finally managed it in the £85 section. 

I don't know the pricing bands but certainly at £60 he was only being offered singles. 

Yes - but how many singles could there be in a block of 450 seats if the ticketing system doesn't configure it right?

52 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

Just Bought 2 for the 1/4 final at Warrington. Looking Like Samoa V Tonga on a Sunday afternoon. If that does not raise 10k then I look more toward the supporters of the sport rather than the organisers. How could anyone not want to watch that !!!!

Personally I'll be watching the England wheelchair team at the Copper Box and can't be in two places at once!

😁

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

They claimed the restricted views were due to handrails, which was a bit flimsy at best.  Modern stadiums don't have restricted views in the traditional sense

7 hours ago, Dave T said:

It was no coincidence those £25 tickets weren't shown on the map. I suspect they were just getting whatever sales they could and giving people whatever. 

Not been through the thread so apologies if already mentioned but there are some restricted views from handrails at the UniBolt. 4 seats per vomitory and in reality not particularly relevant for RL as it relates to having a clear view of the goals rather than the rest of the pitch.

Source:- me as I used to work there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not been through the thread so apologies if already mentioned but there are some restricted views from handrails at the UniBolt. 4 seats per vomitory and in reality not particularly relevant for RL as it relates to having a clear view of the goals rather than the rest of the pitch.

Source:- me as I used to work there 

One question - why have they not renamed the stadium on local road signage. Reebok changed to Macron but left like that. 

2 hours ago, N2022 said:

Yes - but how many singles could there be in a block of 450 seats if the ticketing system doesn't configure it right?

Plenty I imagine. Until we get there we don't know whether the blocks will have lots of empty seats because of ticketing system  problems or whether they have actually been sold.