1. 1. Who will win?

• Wales by 13 points or more
    • Wales by 7 to 12 points
    • Wales by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 7 to 12 points
    • Cook Islands by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/10/22 at 19:00

2 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Elliot Kear is playing 5/8 it says.

He played there a couple of times for the Bulls last season. He wasn't great but neither was the team. He's good anywhere in the threequarters and at fullback. In John Kear teams, the stand-off has usually done the tactical kicking and there's always a lot of it.

I was hoping for a Josh Ralph - Ollie Olds combo in the halves.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

22 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

He played there a couple of times for the Bulls last season. He wasn't great but neither was the team. He's good anywhere in the threequarters and at fullback. In John Kear teams, the stand-off has usually done the tactical kicking and there's always a lot of it.

I would’ve like see some of the young Welsh halfbacks taken Cobi Green, Lewis Pinder or even Fraser Stroud who is contracted to hunslet right now I think.

Edited by SydneyRoosters

23 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

From what I remember he kicked the ball out on the full once or twice in the France test, Hopefully Ralph is doing most of the kicking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/63276525

Good build up by the BBC. 

Also like Kear's comment that 12 of the 24 lads were born in Wales, which is pretty awesome for a tier 2 nation and given the comparative lack of strength of the game back at home. The football team for example I dare say have less than 50% actual Welsh born players, yet are continually lauded by the Welsh press 

Edited by Hughsehhh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hughsehhh said:

Also like Kear's comment that 12 of the 24 lads were born in Wales, which is pretty awesome for a tier 2 nation and given the comparative lack of strength of the game back at home. The football team for example I dare say have less than 50% actual Welsh born players, yet are continually lauded by the Welsh press 

Didn’t realise that about the football - good stat. 

Wales should be the second international development priority in the Northern Hemisphere behind France. 

Or second development priority for the RFL in conjunction with the WRL (behind London). 

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

Didn’t realise that about the football - good stat. 

Wales should be the second international development priority in the Northern Hemisphere behind France. 

Or second development priority for the RFL in conjunction with the WRL (behind London). 

It’s not a stat, he’s just guessing. Wales produces no end of footballers and always has. 

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s not a stat, he’s just guessing. Wales produces no end of footballers and always has. 

What are you on about? It's a fact that in some games in recent history, they haven't fielded a majority Welsh born team (and I'm Welsh, before you ask).

Dan James, ampadu, mepham, Brenan Johnson, rabbi matondo, Kieffer moore, to name just a few from the most recent squad 

17 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

What are you on about? It's a fact that in some games in recent history, they haven't fielded a majority Welsh born team (and I'm Welsh, before you ask).

Dan James, ampadu, mepham, Brenan Johnson, rabbi matondo, Kieffer moore, to name just a few from the most recent squad 

That isn’t what you said though tbf. 

14 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

The common link is that both Welsh men and Welsh women are really good looking, caring  and not too intelligent. An absolute catch for any foreigner.

😉

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

That you dare say they have less than 50% of non welsh players, rather than that they have, which sounds like an informed guess rather than stat. You then go on to say that has been the case on occasions in the past, not that it is now. I really have no idea if they have < 50% welsh players now and don’t want to argue about it, I just didn’t think it sounded like a stat in the first place. Apologies if I misinterpreted it. 

14 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

What did I say?

4 hours ago, Hughsehhh said:

I think you're overestimating the amount of non-Welsh born players in the football team.

5 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Half way between us would be Old Trafford ish... naked fight in a car park to settle?

Why do we have to be naked? People would already laugh at my fighting skills...they'll laugh even harder seeing me naked! 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

Why do we have to be naked? People would already laugh at my fighting skills...they'll laugh even harder seeing me naked! 

We could just watch the game and see what happens. 

I'll be naked.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas