Leigh changing their name? Bored journo doing a rumour?

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I proudly have a replica shirt that I take on holiday as other clubs Fan's do it us a kind of introduction and gets some good conversation going.

Would I take this new one with me, would I heck, people would think I have just escaped from Ru Paul's Drag Race.

Some Leigh speedos for you too Harry:

images.jpeg.ed6de81c3410626e7f05b9edc79bba2e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

38 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes because Derek Beaumont would never criticise other clubs or elements of the game would he....

If I remember correctly Wigan named a bar this year after an ex chairman who was investigated for anti-semitic comments.

Derek's name change seems a bit trivial in comparison.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Niels said:

If I remember correctly Wigan named a bar this year after an ex chairman who was investigated for anti-semitic comments.

Derek's name change seems a bit trivial in comparison.

Yes because that is relevant to this thread or my post. You be you though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

just because your owner likes big cats

At least with Leopards and all those signings they have a chance of avoiding relegation. A different big cat could've been much worse. We all know that Cheetahs never prosper.

• Like 1

Was at the launch earlier today as a sponsor, so my observations on what was a thoroughly professional launch

1. Leopards is bold, the shirt looked decent 'live' but it needs to be Red/Cherry n White imo and hopefully the Branding wont get in the way of the fantastic stuff being released.

2. Academy already applied for to build on our 15 and 16's squads now in place - cannot see how this could be declined with IMG gradings coming in

3. Womens SL team for 2023

4. Very emotional LD and PDRL announcements

5. New Junior section, £7.50 pm incl admission, shirt and 'club' activities

6. Season tickets rebranded into packages with 12 months spread payments

7. Ambition to win an A licence during 2023

8. Zak spoke very well, club confident about a comfortable finish to build upon again

9. Targeting 7k plus average gates and a full matchday experience.

I left unconvinced on the branding but excited for the years ahead

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sweaty craiq said:

Was at the launch earlier today as a sponsor, so my observations on what was a thoroughly professional launch

1. Leopards is bold, the shirt looked decent 'live' but it needs to be Red/Cherry n White imo and hopefully the Branding wont get in the way of the fantastic stuff being released.

2. Academy already applied for to build on our 15 and 16's squads now in place - cannot see how this could be declined with IMG gradings coming in

3. Womens SL team for 2023

4. Very emotional LD and PDRL announcements

5. New Junior section, £7.50 pm incl admission, shirt and 'club' activities

6. Season tickets rebranded into packages with 12 months spread payments

7. Ambition to win an A licence during 2023

8. Zak spoke very well, club confident about a comfortable finish to build upon again

9. Targeting 7k plus average gates and a full matchday experience.

I left unconvinced on the branding but excited for the years ahead

2-9 great!

1- not needed and horrendously implemented 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes because that is relevant to this thread or my post. You be you though.

I thought a bit of perspective was needed. 

Derek was actually extremely helpful to Batley fans the other week. He made his players acknowledge our fans and took time to commiserate with us.

I can understand fans having fun at the badge, but I wanted to speak up for someone who was very thoughtful to us. 

Edited by Niels
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Damien said:

That singlet is something else. I'd love to see the look on people's faces when someone walks into the gym with that beauty on.

Keep an eye out for Purple Aki on the way home.

• Haha 6

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.