2023 New Kits - Part 2

27 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Is this Elite that the RFL links to for the sale of England and GB items?

https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/england-rugby-league/england-rugby-league-training-wear/?offset=56

Interestingly no, Elite Sport Pro is a completely different outfit who are in effect Oxen. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

44 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Interestingly no, Elite Sport Pro is a completely different outfit who are in effect Oxen. 

Thanks. That's good. The last thing the rfl would need is to write off all the outstanding commissions on WC merch.

Odd the names are so similar. 

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Oh i didn’t realise, maybe castore is style over substance then?

Id love Umbro to get involved they are doing some lovely football stuff at the moment imo.

I think they are pretty stable, but like many companies that grow so quickly, or maybe over reach a bit, they do have some issues.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

Do any RL teams use Elite then?

Potentially tough thing for the clubs that are with Hummel is 2023 product will likely just be about to go into production. With Elite going into admin and making many staff redundant that now may be thrown into doubt. if their suppliers in Asia and the Far East won’t be paid they won’t be making that product.

they could of course be incredibly lucky (depending on the timelines they work to) and that product could have already been produced. Though it would be highly unlikely those suppliers would have been paid yet, which would likely result in that product staying in the country of origin, and not be shipped without payment.

All hyperthetical of course, until more comes to light.

Hummel (Denmark) could of course take on the responsibilities of Elite and ensure all clubs are receive the relevant product on time.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

8 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Potentially tough thing for the clubs that are with Hummel is 2023 product will likely just be about to go into production. With Elite going into admin and making many staff redundant that now may be thrown into doubt. if their suppliers in Asia and the Far East won’t be paid they won’t be making that product.

they could of course be incredibly lucky (depending on the timelines they work to) and that product could have already been produced. Though it would be highly unlikely those suppliers would have been paid yet, which would likely result in that product staying in the country of origin, and not be shipped without payment.

All hyperthetical of course, until more comes to light.

Hummel (Denmark) could of course take on the responsibilities of Elite and ensure all clubs are receive the relevant product on time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Keighley dealing with feedback in an adult way

What the hell is that statement about??? 

Pointless and went off in all directions. 

Don't apologies for your kit, it's not a bad one so just stand by it and get on with. 

Such a snowflake statement and one I would expect from a football club. 

Jeez get a grip

15 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Don't apologies for your kit, it's not a bad one so just stand by it and get on with. 

Jeez get a grip

Snowflake statement?

I’ve had a look at the comments from when they announced the shirts on their Twitter. There’s two negative comments and one saying “it’s a bit hippy-ish” whatever that means so it seems strange that they’ve released a statement regarding feedback. 

21 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

a football club. 

Jeez get a grip

Don't read while intoxicated.

Just now, Jughead said:

I’ve had a look at the comments from when they announced the shirts on their Twitter. There’s two negative comments and one saying “it’s a bit hippy-ish” whatever that means so it seems strange that they’ve released a statement regarding feedback. 

Try the official club Facebook page.

Were you not at Woodstock?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

5 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Don't read while intoxicated.

Try the official club Facebook page.

Were you not at Woodstock?

I’m not a Facebook user, so had a look at Twitter. I assumed it would have been worse than it turned out to be. I assume Facebook is much more negative then. 

26 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Jeez get a grip

Are you sure you're using the cringe-worthy term 'snowflake' correctly here?

Also, what statement did you read? There's no apology in there at all.

To me it reads as a coherent and direct statement showing all the intentions of standing behind their decision, whilst acknowledging that some supporters may not / do not like it. As a statement of this sort should be.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I assume Facebook is much more negative then. 

Even then - having just looked - not that negative at all overall.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 minutes ago, JDM said:

Are you sure you're using the cringe-worthy term 'snowflake' correctly here?

Also, what statement did you read? There's no apology in there at all.

To me it reads as a coherent and direct statement showing all the intentions of standing behind their decision, whilst acknowledging that some supporters may not / do not like it. As a statement of this sort should be.

It's just a shirt for a rugby team, not a political stance. 

Why go off on a tangent about humans rights and what's going on in the world Cup? 

Just release it, say your proud of it and say your looking forward to showing the rugby World what a good team you are. 

It's going over the top imo

9 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

It's just a shirt for a rugby team, not a political stance. 

Why go off on a tangent about humans rights and what's going on in the world Cup? 

We are talking about a club who vociferously rejected IMG's involvement in English rugby league.

They obviously feel they do not need any help promoting or marketing themselves,  and that external consultants have nothing they can teach the cougars. 

The shirt looks ridiculous to me, but clearly I am not their target market, so no worries. 

Peace. Love. Unity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1