Sat 25th-Sun 26th Mar: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Widnes were 24-0 up with a few minutes to go, pretty routine game with Newcastle never really in it and Widnes not particularly sparkling. Then Danny Craven was sin-binned (couldn't see why) and Newcastle got 3 tries in under 5 minutes to make it 24-16 FT. Relatively low crowd - below 3000 I'd guess.

20 minutes ago, JonM said:

Widnes were 24-0 up with a few minutes to go, pretty routine game with Newcastle never really in it and Widnes not particularly sparkling. Then Danny Craven was sin-binned (couldn't see why) and Newcastle got 3 tries in under 5 minutes to make it 24-16 FT. Relatively low crowd - below 3000 I'd guess.

Attendance was given out, something like 2,745.

• Thanks 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Ooops a daisy. 🤣

Grix special today, go to a place that we notoriously struggle and rest players. Pickersgill on debut sounds like a mixed bag, scored a try then made about 2 or 3 mistakes that gave the game to Barrow. This is a very typical Fax result but again there really isn't much damage done because of how results have gone. We have been very lucky in that respect really this season.

Just now, Fevrover said:

Best we've played for a while that.

Completing sets at a half-decent rate makes such a difference. Nothing remotely flash or pretty about Fev's first half in particular but it got the job done. Hard to say how much of York's current struggles are down to their injury situation but they were very ordinary today.

Elsewhere, I guess we won't be hearing too much about the "culture change" at one particular iconic club this week...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Completing sets at a half-decent rate makes such a difference. Nothing remotely flash or pretty about Fev's first half in particular but it got the job done. Hard to say how much of York's current struggles are down to their injury situation but they were very ordinary today.

Elsewhere, I guess we won't be hearing too much about the "culture change" at one particular iconic club this week...

Can't believe the mighty Fax lost at Barra.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

More money in a decent cup run and we have already shown we are capable of going to the best team and picking up a win. I think that's why we are now concentrating on the cup. 😉🤣

Hope yer don't play Keighley then lol 😂

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Poor game. Craven sin binned for pulling back a player following a kick into the in goal area. Dumb play. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, north yorks trinity said:

Last time Keighley beat Bradford in a competitive game was 1945 a/c to Radio Leeds. Seismic result!

That's not correct

I was at Odsal in 1976 when Keighley beat Bradford Northern 3-2 in a dull and boring game

• Like 1