The remarkable (and welcome) rise of the NRL

Thanks for the info, but to be honest I am interested in RL and was and am totally unaware of whats happening in the NRL.   Although I have listened to the Wayne Bennett press conf's post Dolphin's game.  

So I appreciate this type of article as normally I take no interest in following the NRL. Thanks for the awareness.

• Confused 1

I think that many sides have stopped being boring has helped in this.

Though in fairness there wasn't alot of substance to support the title let alone the article.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

11 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I know there are a few on here who seem to hate SL for some reason, but to be fair SL has had some cracking games and quite a lot have been more entertaining than most NRL games this season - great for both comps.

Bringing it back on topic (the thread is about the NRL, but you are obviously trying to make it about the English league.... again 🥱 ) your point in bold is obviously your opinion, and you are entitled to it. If you like error strewn footy, played by lighter weight players, with 5 one-out carries being the norm in a set, then great. It will be more entertaining for you.

Some of us prefer bigger bodies, harder carries, bigger collisions, lower error rates and better athletes. For us, the NRL is vastly superior entertainment. 

As I say, it's all about opinions. 

Edited by Madrileño
  • Haha 1

Let’s not drag this into another pointless Superleague V NRL argument,I’ve been lucky enough to attend 3 NRL games over the last few weeks & the crowds,atmosphere & entertainment has been fantastic & certainly better than any of my previous visits,let’s hope both comps continue to build on excellent starts to this season.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Martyn Sadler said:

No doubt there is a real positive vibe surrounding the game at the moment that is reflected in positive after positive headline about the game. My youngest is in third year med, he`s been to house parties recently where groups of young fellow med students have commandeered the loungeroom and put the League on. I just can`t imagine that happening not that many years ago.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I know there are a few on here who seem to hate SL for some reason, but to be fair SL has had some cracking games and quite a lot have been more entertaining than most NRL games this season - great for both comps.

Yes I agree, not enough is made of the positives of SL partly because of the esteem and regard the NRL is held in and partly because of years and years of poor results against the 'Roos. (Remember them they used to come here quite often)

• Like 3

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Would any NRL CEO pulled the plug of a NRL club in North America. The best chance the game ever had of ever getting a toe hold in the most lucrative sports market in the world?

If the NRL had a challenge cup would the holders be asked for £500,000 up front the next season to defend the cup?

Do the NZ warriors have to pay travelling expenses to NRL clubs who play them in New Zealand?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Would any NRL CEO pulled the plug of a NRL club in North America. The best chance the game ever had of ever getting a toe hold in the most lucrative sports market in the world?

If the NRL had a challenge cup would the holders be asked for £500,000 up front the next season to defend the cup?

Do the NZ warriors have to pay travelling expenses to NRL clubs who play them in New Zealand?

For the answer to these and many other questions....

.don't bother looking here, as this topic is about the NRL this season compared to other seasons, not the NRL Vs SL.  

HTH.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

One of the things I love about watching the NRL is that games take place against a backdrop of large modern stadiums, smaller and older suburban grounds, and, occasionally, up country ovals. All have the look-and-feel of something exciting happening. It may well be just my own tastes but I prefer this to watching comps play out wholly in front of Premier League style stadiums. 

Anyway; long may the NRL rise continue.

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

I was comparing the 2.

I'm surprised you didn't understand that, but hey ho.

That would go under the title, "comparison between NRL and SL".

I'm surprised you didn't understand that, but hey ho, it's off to work you go , you dig dig dig dig dig dig dig...😀👍😀👍😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I think a certain poster is missing the point completely that you are trying to make, and you are not wrong

The answer to all 3 is no. Hence why the NRL are making progress and we are regressing.

• Like 3

Talking to yourself? It doesn’t surprise me.

Why have you come on this thread banging on about SL just to bag it? 

Being on topic, I think the great start is much down to some real blockbuster matchups early in the season which I suspect was manipulated by the NRL to get the season off to a flyer. 

The new SFS is a great ground and to see the Roosters get another 20k+ crowd on a Thursday night is a great demonstration of what a modern stadium can do for improving attendances. Bunnies will be wanting to move there as soon as possible. 

Looks like we have a really even looking competition this year too. Teams are all looking good to pinch points off each other. Even Knights got a draw against Manly and Dragons are looking good now against the Dolphins.

Great to see and we are only just getting started, figuratively and literally.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Talking to yourself? It doesn’t surprise me.

Why have you come on this thread banging on about SL just to bag it? 

Being on topic, I think the great start is much down to some real blockbuster matchups early in the season which I suspect was manipulated by the NRL to get the season off to a flyer. 

The new SFS is a great ground and to see the Roosters get another 20k+ crowd on a Thursday night is a great demonstration of what a modern stadium can do for improving attendances. Bunnies will be wanting to move there as soon as possible. 

Looks like we have a really even looking competition this year too. Teams are all looking good to pinch points off each other. Even Knights got a draw against Manly and Dragons are looking good now against the Dolphins.

Great to see and we are only just getting started, figuratively and literally.

Says the man who's been outed on league unlimited as a fumbleball troll

• Haha 1