Fri 7th Apr: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

1 hour ago, bar red said:

The Marras seemed to be fighting among themselves , with a few stewards thrown in.

Incorrect marra small group of barrow fans maybe about 20/30. All started bit of banter then drink thrown then it kicked off. Totally out of order by so called Haven fans!!! I've never left a ground so gutted after a win. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OnStrike said:

Great win. Is there anywhere that does a Championship highlights show do you know? Big win for Widnes too

You tube. Though maybe not today.

Edited by doc
Forgot to breathe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

Incorrect marra small group of barrow fans maybe about 20/30. All started bit of banter then drink thrown then it kicked off. Totally out of order by so called Haven fans!!! I've never left a ground so gutted after a win. 

Haven supporters have a habit of launching their drinks at opposing supporters. Happened last week against Batley.

• Sad 1

On 05/04/2023 at 18:08, doc said:

FRIDAY 7th APRIL
Barrow Raiders v Whitehaven KO 15:00
Newcastle Thunder v Sheffield Eagles KO 15:00
Swinton Lions v Widnes Vikings KO 15:00
Batley Bulldogs v Featherstone Rovers KO 15:30
Toulouse Olympique v London Broncos KO 17:00 (UK time)
York Knights v Keighley Cougars KO 19:30

Full house! Get in!😁

31 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

One of the worst displays from a ref i have seen in 68 years.And believe me i have seen a few.

We had him last weekend and I totally endorse what you say.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

One of the worst displays from a ref i have seen in 68 years.And believe me i have seen a few.

I know what i saw and i stick by it but when someone like you SOA says same i definitely know we were right.

8 hours ago, Michael Bates said:

I'm not sure where the RFL found James Vella but if they could send him back there that would be lovely. 

It must be hard being a ref and will NEVER please everyone but he was one of the worst ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

It must be hard being a ref and will NEVER please everyone but he was one of the worst ever.

When's he due to Ref at Toulouse ?

So Emmanuel Waine, Wellington Albert and Henry Raiwalui weren't able to play for London Broncos yesterday because they couldn't enter France due to visa requirements for citizens of PNG and Fiji.

To me it doesn't seem acceptable that teams should be weakened when they play away in Toulouse for reasons like this.

Is there anything the RFL, etc could do about it?

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

So Emmanuel Waine, Wellington Albert and Henry Raiwalui weren't able to play for London Broncos yesterday because they couldn't enter France due to visa requirements for citizens of PNG and Fiji.

To me it doesn't seem acceptable that teams should be weakened when they play away in Toulouse for reasons like this.

Pursuade the UK to rejoin the EU? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

27 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

This is outrageous if true, and Toulouse should give up home advantage. 

Just now, Monkeymagic22 said:

This is outrageous if true, and Toulouse should give up home advantage. 

Or London should arrange for their playing staff to have the appropriate visas? 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 minute ago, gazza77 said:

Or London should arrange for their playing staff to have the appropriate visas? 

Not necessarily that easy. It may be that they were required to apply from their home country, for example. 

11 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Can't ever remember a ref being booed off by the fans of a winning team.

Much of yesterday is lost in a fog of cider, but I definitely remember some very dodgy looking calls.

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

Not necessarily that easy. It may be that they were required to apply from their home country, for example. 

It's not like travelling to Toulouse was a surprise for them though. They've had plenty of time since the fixtures were announced to get it sorted.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

More information is required, but this needs resolving, it’s hard enough playing away in France on a Saturday without teams not being able to field their strongest teams.

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Which presumably was known when they signed. 

I'm not going to suggest it was easy, however Whitehaven don't appear to have had any issues with their Fijian player, Lasarusa Tabu, who played in Toulouse on 4th March. That would indicate to me that it's possible to get the paperwork sorted. 

• Like 3

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb