Attendance thread

I haven’t rewatched the Wire/Saints game yet, but yesterdays hot weather certainly got some of the unwashed dingalings attending the match. There is always a section of Saints fans who must get smashed well before a game. It comes to something when you can’t place a pint of lager on top of a crush barrier because you have had too much to drink. What a waste of £5.60p. 
The Wire fans who threw the flare, bottle, pint onto the pitch….why!!. Unless it was actually those football hooligans that quite a few RL fans like to blame for some strange reason. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Josef K said:

I think the crowd was 12,385 at Warrington which is about 1,900 more than last season. Well done wire. 

I think, regardless of the 7.5k average IMG have suggested at the top of their criteria, clubs like Warrington should be setting their own targets to get x amount of 10k plus crowds, and x amount of 12k etc per season.

Its good to see such solid growth.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think, regardless of the 7.5k average IMG have suggested at the top of their criteria, clubs like Warrington should be setting their own targets to get x amount of 10k plus crowds, and x amount of 12k etc per season.

Its good to see such solid growth.

All clubs should be constantly setting targets to fill every single seat or foot of terracing they have available 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Josef K said:

I haven’t rewatched the Wire/Saints game yet, but yesterdays hot weather certainly got some of the unwashed dingalings attending the match. There is always a section of Saints fans who must get smashed well before a game. It comes to something when you can’t place a pint of lager on top of a crush barrier because you have had too much to drink. What a waste of £5.60p. 
The Wire fans who threw the flare, bottle, pint onto the pitch….why!!. Unless it was actually those football hooligans that quite a few RL fans like to blame for some strange reason. 

No need for it and IF you do need/ want to drink fair enough but at least behave. I know there's plenty who have a drink and do behave its always the minority.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

All clubs should be constantly setting targets to fill every single seat or foot of terracing they have available 

In an ideal world yes. SMART targets tend to be better though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

No need for it and IF you do need/ want to drink fair enough but at least behave. I know there's plenty who have a drink and do behave its always the minority.

I agree Fevrover but the nice weather does bring out the bad behaviour in some people. In England it seems a badge of honour to get plastered and act a fool, and  then get a Stoned Island badge from their mates.
Even some of the language and comments made by certain Saints fans was in poor taste on Friday, but people found it funny.

I don’t mind people swearing, but not when it’s every other word when little children are around. I always think of them being the type who’re dragging little Brooklyn & Chantelle around town yelling at them all the f-ing time. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, langpark said:

1284 for Newcastle vs Haven. 

From memory, Newcastle have been getting in the 600s at their last few matches. Can anyone explain this sudden spike? 

Its one of Whitehaven's closer away grounds/cities (and nicer ones once there) to travel to will have helped. Not sure if Newcastle had a promo or something on though for home fans.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, langpark said:

From memory, Newcastle have been getting in the 600s at their last few matches. Can anyone explain this sudden spike? 

There was the north east junior finals on before the match cup and plate for under 14s and 16s, a few looked to have stayed after that. Plus a strong travelling support from Whitehaven. Thunder are generally good at having something on before the match.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, langpark said:

They’d be a fair few from West Cumbria in the crowd,Wath Brow & Cockermouth played a U14s final as the curtain raiser & Whitehaven usually take a decent following to Newcastle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, langpark said:

###### I should of went to that but was at Mouth of The Tyne Festival the night before for Paul Heaton...He always mentions Football and did last night but he say he likes a bit of Cricket and Rugby and wonder what Rugby he likes as it must be Rugby League ?

10 hours ago, EggFace said:

###### I should of went to that but was at Mouth of The Tyne Festival the night before for Paul Heaton...He always mentions Football and did last night but he say he likes a bit of Cricket and Rugby and wonder what Rugby he likes as it must be Rugby League ?

It will definitely be RL. Not just because he's from Hull, I remember reading an interview in the old music press where he said so. This was when the Housemartins had just broken through. There was also a pic of Fatboy Slim (simply Norman Cook then) in a Hull KR top too. Can't remember if it was a replica kit or just a t shirt or whatever though. 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2023 at 09:20, Josef K said:

Did Jon Wells say there was just over 10,000 at HKR yesterday. Will the rovers board be fuming that an attendance has been announced, with usually everything being top secret 😁. Heads must roll. 

As always it looked and sounded great on TV 

Hoping to get to a KR game again this year....loved Craven street last time 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2023 at 09:20, Josef K said:

Did Jon Wells say there was just over 10,000 at HKR yesterday. Will the rovers board be fuming that an attendance has been announced, with usually everything being top secret 😁. Heads must roll. 

Has the quarterly attendance even been announced yet? 

• Haha 1

SL and NRL attendance summary for the season so far can be seen on the blog:

https://rugbyl.blogspot.com/

Championship data added since.

Edited by RayCee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion.