Sat 15th-Sun 16th Apr: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred Championship (Non-TV) games here.

SATURDAY 15th APRIL
Keighley Cougars v Toulouse Olympique KO 15:00

SUNDAY 16 APRIL
Bradford Bulls v Batley Bulldogs KO 15:00
Halifax Panthers v York Knights KO 15:00
London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers KO 15:00
Whitehaven v Newcastle Thunder KO 15:00
Widnes Vikings v Barrow Raiders KO 15:00

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 15th APRIL

SUNDAY 16 APRIL

Toulouse

Bulls

Panthers

Rovers

Haven

Vikings

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 15th APRIL

SUNDAY 16 APRIL

Keighley 22-34 Toulouse

Bradford 23-22 Batley

Halifax 18-24 York

London Broncos 16-42 Featherstone

Whitehaven 18-16 Newcastle

Widnes 28-16 Barrow

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 15th APRIL

SUNDAY 16 APRIL

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 15th APRIL

SUNDAY 16 APRIL

Keighley Cougars v Toulouse Olympique Toulouse by 20

SUNDAY 16 APRIL
Bradford Bulls v Batley Bulldogs Batley by 4
Halifax Panthers v York Knights Fax by 14
London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers Fev by 20
Whitehaven v Newcastle Thunder Haven by 10
Widnes Vikings v Barrow Raiders Widnes by 16

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keighley Cougars v Toulouse Olympique Toulouse by 12

SUNDAY 16 APRIL
Bradford Bulls v Batley Bulldogs Bulls by 4
Halifax Panthers v York Knights Fax by 12
London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers Fev by 24
Whitehaven v Newcastle Thunder Haven by 10
Widnes Vikings v Barrow Raiders Widnes by 18

I see the young French lad Bastien Simone has been included in the TO squad for the Keighley match. I'm surprised Catalan loaned him out considering they are struggling with injuries too.

Poor Bradford, even the RFL's disciplinary department are trolling them now. They must be so fed up of having to deal with the Bulls' Giants loanees Fenton Rogers and George Roby lately, with Rogers replaced by another Giant loanee in Jack Bibby, that they have decided just to call Bradford "Huddersfield Giants" when dealing with incidents involving Halifax players from Monday's game in this week's disciplinary minutes. Can imagine Leeds Rhinos are feeling a bit left out.

https://www.rugby-league.com/uploads/docs/MRP Minutes 13 April 2023.pdf

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, kiggy said:

I see the young French lad Bastien Simone has been included in the TO squad for the Keighley match. I'm surprised Catalan loaned him out considering they are struggling with injuries too.

Bastien Simone is also listed in the 30 French squad tp play against England at Warrington in April 29th

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

49 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Poor Bradford, even the RFL's disciplinary department are trolling them now. They must be so fed up of having to deal with the Bulls' Giants loanees Fenton Rogers and George Roby lately, with Rogers replaced by another Giant loanee in Jack Bibby, that they have decided just to call Bradford "Huddersfield Giants" when dealing with incidents involving Halifax players from Monday's game in this week's disciplinary minutes. Can imagine Leeds Rhinos are feeling a bit left out.

https://www.rugby-league.com/uploads/docs/MRP Minutes 13 April 2023.pdf

Three Fax players all not punished including Kavanagh who got 10 minutes for nowt. No Bradford players on report. Seriously? RFL are a laughing stock. 🙄

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Three Fax players all not punished including Kavanagh who got 10 minutes for nowt. No Bradford players on report. Seriously? RFL are a laughing stock. 🙄

Isn't an alternative way of looking at it "three Halifax players cited but none of them punished, RFL is a laughing stock"? There's no evidence of any injustice in your post, just moaning.

The one thing RL fans have in common is that across all the divisions they all love to play the victim about perceived injustices towards their own team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Isn't an alternative way of looking at it "three Halifax players cited but none of them punished, RFL is a laughing stock"? There's no evidence of any injustice in your post, just moaning.

The one thing RL fans have in common is that across all the divisions they all love to play the victim about perceived injustices towards their own team.

No evidence of injustice. Did you see the game? Kavanagh's 10 minutes was laughable and may well have cost Fax two points. Nowt to moan about there then! 🙄

3 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

No evidence of injustice. Did you see the game? Kavanagh's 10 minutes was laughable and may well have cost Fax two points. Nowt to moan about there then! 🙄

I thought Kavanagh's actions were a little reckless as we have seen the RFL are still punishing players even if their opponent is slipping or falling to the ground. I have sympathy with both the player and the ref on this one though as they both have to make a decision in a split second.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I thought Kavanagh's actions were a little reckless as we have seen the RFL are still punishing players even if their opponent is slipping or falling to the ground. I have sympathy with both the player and the ref on this one though as they both have to make a decision in a split second.

I disagree. 

25 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Yes, I saw the game, the difference is I was watching as a neutral and didn't have an axe to grind either way. I thought the Kavanagh decision was the correct one, Holmes was on his knees and Kavanagh came in with a swinging arm, I don't think his intention was malicious (I think he was probably trying to dislodge the ball) but it's the tackler's responsibility to avoid the head area when the player is falling or has fallen and his challenge was a bit reckless and towards the head area. I think sin bin sufficient is fair enough.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, audois said:

Bastien Simone is also listed in the 30 French squad tp play against England at Warrington in April 29th

Just being in the squad will be good for these young lads. I doubt he himself will play but it's good to be around the more seasoned professionals. I'm hoping No1 son gets to go along for the ride too.