Leeds sign England Union u18 international

15 hours ago, DoubleD said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrgcoUrN-tR/?igshid=YjNmNGQ3MDY=

That’s 2-3 players from Woodhouse Grove private school who are in Leeds academy. There’s a good link up with the school 

Woodhouse Grove 🤮🤮🤮

Good to see the strength of the academy though, which should be the most attractive for the best young rugby players in Yorkshire and beyond.

• Like 2

Bradford Grammar School is also a prestigious private school with an impressive range of distinguished alumni.

Glen Morrison is Head of Sport.

His wfe, Robin, runs the Panache Cheerleading school (former British Champions) and her day job is  a manager (former embalmer) at a funeral directors.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

15 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

His wfe, Robin, runs the Panache Cheerleading school (former British Champions) and her day job is  a manager (former embalmer) at a funeral directors.

I didn’t know that.

• Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

Bradford Grammar School is also a prestigious private school with an impressive range of distinguished alumni.

I might need her number.Not for a while i hope.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

I thought Glen Morrison moved to the US to take up a job at a Rugby League club there, but i could be wrong

3 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Sounds like a dead end job.

On 30/04/2023 at 19:23, sentoffagain2 said:

I might need her number.Not for a while i hope.

Why? I think you'd make a great cheerleader... 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Marginally worse than Woody Grove! 

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I'll let you compare alumni:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_Grammar_School

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodhouse_Grove_School

As usual, the original is the best. Just like the two cities, themselves.

😉

In fairness,  both have produced prominent players in the Airedale Quiz League.

Edited by Wolford6

12 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I'll let you compare alumni:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_Grammar_School

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodhouse_Grove_School

As usual, the original is the best. Just like the two cities, themselves.

😉

In fairness,  both have produced prominent players in the Airedale Quiz League.

There's not enough of the acid bath murderer, crossbow cannibal, designer of the Augusta Golf Course, Signee of the American Declaration of Independence or 2 England RU captains for me in either of those there 😉

But Bradford Grammar were always a better game than Woody Grove!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

There's not enough of the acid bath murderer, crossbow cannibal, designer of the Augusta Golf Course, Signee of the American Declaration of Independence or 2 England RU captains for me in either of those there 😉

But Bradford Grammar were always a better game than Woody Grove!

QUEGS in Wakefield! I always thought that John Haigh wouldn't have murdered anyone if it wasn't for the novelty of seeing a bath.

😉😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The storm said:

I hope we dont go down the route of private schools is best

I think Rugby Union has made it pretty evident that there isn't enough talent there.

But we shouldn't ignore that source out of inverted snobbery, obviously.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 hours ago, The storm said:

I know we like to have a go at the overweight lumps in *nion but to be selected for the national U18s side is pretty good. Caught him early enough before too many of those bad union habits set in and obviously has the potential. I really can't see league going over to a default 'private school is best' attitude any time in the next few centuries!

18 hours ago, The storm said:

We have a few from the local private and public schools come the RL training at Sheffield Tigers (they play at various RU clubs around the city but we have made the RL club welcoming to any RU clubs players) and there are some very handy payers who have no "hang ups" around the game.. 

as with many things, if they are good enough and their attitude is good then why not? 

If clubs have DOs then they would remiss not to pop into any school in the area, state, private, public, even a young offenders institute you never know what you'll find 

• Like 3