Trouble at t' mill

POR

According to cougars fan 

Hearing bad things about the club. Apparently players are not being paid money they are owed for win/appearance bonus.

Luke Gale signing/signed for Wakefield. He might not be the only player to be leaving.

Doesn't sound like a good place to be at the moment.

8 minutes ago, lingaro said:

I was expecting this ###### a bit later on the season.  Same every year when we are top. 

Isn't the OP referring to Keighley? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 27/04/2023 at 09:42, plug said:

Lets get Chizzy back 👍👍

No thank you!! He blows hot and cold to much 

• Like 4

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, Maureen T-k said:

No thank you!! He blows hot and cold to much 

That's true M  problem people get blindsided by 2019 when he had a wow of a season scoring  16 tries and 100 goals in 21 games 

On 27/04/2023 at 09:08, POR said:

According to cougars fan 

Hearing bad things about the club. Apparently players are not being paid money they are owed for win/appearance bonus.

Luke Gale signing/signed for Wakefield. He might not be the only player to be leaving.

Doesn't sound like a good place to be at the moment.

I know that this refers to Keighley, but is GARETH GALE leaving us? Not Luke.

2 hours ago, POR said:

That's true M  problem people get blindsided by 2019 when he had a wow of a season scoring  16 tries and 100 goals in 21 games 

I’ve been talking to a young woman supporter from Keighley the past few weeks and she’s in the same mindset as me 

• Like 1

Im Fev and im proud

I hope all is well at the Cougars and I hope the dismal lot don't turn up to post and make it sound far worse than it is.

Keep the faith Cougar fans!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 hours ago, POR said:

According to cougars fan 

Luke Gale signing/signed for Wakefield.

I've seen this on at least 4 or 5 forums in the last 24 hours...but I'm pretty sure it's just going viral from one original post by one poster on the Keighley forum.

Am not saying it's not true, the guy who posted it seems a fairly sensible poster, but it's just a good example of how one anonymous poster can get things spread across the internet in a matter of hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rovers fev said:

With chisom his best and worst games are miles apart from each other 

I’m happy with what we have and how consistent they are 

I'm more inclined to look at Chizzys best game against our current half back options best games.  But each to their own.

Also I'm yet to see any consistency from any of our current half backs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

I'm more inclined to look at Chizzys best game against our current half back options best games.  But each to their own.

I think Ford is better for the team than Chizzy would be and deans defence is reliable and can create magic in attack, Chizzy always had defensive lapses and if he wasn’t in the mood would not provide anything in attack, our half backs can’t run the length of the field like he can but I’d much rather have them than him 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobLambert said:

I'm yet to see them play together consistently bet they've only had 3 games together. 

2 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Me too. Chizzy was at the centre of all that was good when he was here. Day ran off him brilliantly. Sad when he left. His defence was a bit wobbly admittedly but he sure made up for that. We have two youngsters learning their trade who will become at the top of their game and an experienced half back in Ford who is unfortunately injured. All in all if we had a settled combination there without the threat of call backs and injuries then the topic of Chizzy wouldn't be raised. But I thought he was a top player and with his added speed was a very good acquisition when he arrived and  up to him leaving.

• Like 3

He was good for us, and I was sad to see him leave. How many times has a player left us however, then come back and reproduced the form of their first spell? Not often I'd suggest. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Is this the same Keighley who have just submitted plans for a 2000 seater stand?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.