Fri 9th June - Sun 11th June : The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's  Betfred Championship games here.

Fri 9th June

Sheffield Eagles v York Knights KO 19:30

Sat 10th June

Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique KO 18:00

Sun 11th June (All KO  15:00 )

Barrow Raiders v Keighley Cougars 

Bradford Bulls v London Broncos

Newcastle Thunder v Batley Bulldogs

Swinton Lions v Halifax Panthers

Whitehaven v Widnes Vikings

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• ckn pinned this topic

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Fri 9th June

Sat 10th June

My cunning plan of tippping London to lose last 2 weeks has worked, and they have won both... So I'm tipping Bradford this weekend hoping I'll have similar luck

• Like 1

Sheffield Eagles v York Knights by 2

Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique by 8

Barrow Raiders v Keighley Cougars by 6

Bradford Bulls v London Broncos by 8

Newcastle Thunder v Batley Bulldogs by 14

Swinton Lions v Halifax Panthers by 12

Whitehaven v Widnes Vikings by 10

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, crashmon said:

My cunning plan of tippping London to lose last 2 weeks has worked, and they have won both... So I'm tipping Bradford this weekend hoping I'll have similar luck

I like the thinking. 🤣

Fri 9th June

Sheffield Eagles v York Knights Eagles by 10

Sat 10th June

Featherstone Rovers v Toulouse Olympique Fev by 42

Barrow Raiders v Keighley Cougars Barrow by 12

Bradford Bulls v London Broncos London by 4

Newcastle Thunder v Batley Bulldogs Batley by 28

Swinton Lions v Halifax Panthers Lions by 6

Whitehaven v Widnes Vikings Haven by 2

Potential to be some tight and interesting games this week especially with Haven's win last week, Barrow V keighley could be a toss up and Bulls V London should be a good game given London's new signings.

6 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Fri 9th June

Sat 10th June

Sheffield 22-24 York

Featherstone 42-24 Toulouse

Barrow 12-28 Keighley

Bradford 22-18 London Broncos

Newcastle 10-28 Batley

Swinton 18-24 Halifax

Whitehaven 18-22 Widnes

• Like 1

Fri 9th June

Sat 10th June

BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

Potentially the game of the season so far at Fev. If they're fit, the return of Peyroux, Akauola and Belmas, plus the recent loan/DR additions of Silva and Chan, gives the Toulouse pack a totally different look, there aren't going to be fillers from Elite 1 this week unlike previously this season.

Two weeks ago I thought this would be a stroll for Fev but with 26 degrees forecast at kick off this looks like being an attritional contest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Potentially the game of the season so far at Fev. If they're fit, the return of Peyroux, Akauola and Belmas, plus the recent loan/DR additions of Silva and Chan, gives the Toulouse pack a totally different look, there aren't going to be fillers from Elite 1 this week unlike previously this season.

Two weeks ago I thought this would be a stroll for Fev but with 26 degrees forecast at kick off this looks like being an attritional contest.

I expect it to be tight for 20mins, but Fev should stroll through this as I don't think all those players you mentioned will be available.

I saw Killer's name on the squad sheet, is that his first game back? Since how long is it now? Lots of talk about retribution for the million pound game and I wonder what the ex TO players think of it all.

3 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I expect it to be tight for 20mins, but Fev should stroll through this as I don't think all those players you mentioned will be available.

I saw Killer's name on the squad sheet, is that his first game back? Since how long is it now? Lots of talk about retribution for the million pound game and I wonder what the ex TO players think of it all.

He's been in the squad the last couple of weeks, he didn't play against Barrow last week so would be surprising if he made his comeback in such an intensive game given how bad his injury was.

I think the ex TO players understand that the "revenge" thing is just part of promoting the game. That was the last time we played TO, in a cost of living crisis every game is a hard sell and after 13 unbeaten games it's worth reminding the Fev public that we lost both games to Toulouse  including the final, the last time we were in the same division.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Retribution? Where have you read/ heard that ? I haven't read or heard that about Retribution.

Edited by Fevrover

16 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but if you're a season ticket holder at any Yorkshire club, you can get in to the Fev v Toulouse game for £15 on production of your ST.

Good idea  as we are the only club playing  Sat.I wonder how many of our friends from Bradford will take up the offer.We should expect a crowd of 4500 plus.

49 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Retribution? Where have you read/ heard that ? I haven't read or heard that about Retribution.

There's been a couple of bits on the Rovers Twitter feed talking about retribution.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

On certain twitter feeds. I don't take much notice of twitter though, it's not a very nice place at times. The official Rovers FB page talks of redemption which is a better word to use. I was trying to work out how many of those TO players who played in that last match will be playing in this one; Hansen, Peyroux, Jussaume, Marion, Bretherton and Guy Armitage. No Péllisier for this match. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

On certain twitter feeds. I don't take much notice of twitter though, it's not a very nice place at times. The official Rovers FB page talks of redemption which is a better word to use. I was trying to work out how many of those TO players who played in that last match will be playing in this one; Hansen, Peyroux, Jussaume, Marion, Bretherton and Guy Armitage. No Péllisier for this match. 

Ta, don't do Twitter just this one.