TV Deal to conclude end of June

5 hours ago, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

@gingerjonI like women's game, but harsh reality is 5k to 10k watch on Sky 

I'd potentially try and see if BBC will show some- and I'd rather our free mens games were on there too. 

Oh, I'm not saying there is any money in it from TV right now, just noting that it, again, seems to be an overlooked aspect of the game.

But, this is interesting ...

• Thanks 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Oh, I'm not saying there is any money in it from TV right now, just noting that it, again, seems to be an overlooked aspect of the game.

I’ve seen German football advertised as shown on Sky Sports YouTube - will this be the option for the additional games?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I’ve seen German football advertised as shown on Sky Sports YouTube - will this be the option for the additional games?

Quite possibly. They put some cricket and netball on there too, possibly also NBA but not sure on that.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

38 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Sky put three or four SL games on their YouTube channel live the season before C4 got involved.

Edited by Barley Mow

And a for info: *all* the cricket Hundred games that are live on the BBC are also live on Sky YouTube and Sky TV.

Being on an FTA channel doesn’t stop Sky showing it.

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Yeah I wondered whether Jenna have the game away there or not 

Personally if we can buy access to all games from SKY it would be better than Our League 

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Well, she’d know.

I’m reminded of the EFL deal, which will effectively replace iFollow with a new Sky streaming platform.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Well, she’d know.

I’m reminded of the EFL deal, which will effectively replace iFollow with a new Sky streaming platform.

Also, unlike other folks on Sky, I get the impression she'd not let anything slip unless she had permission to do so and it was planned.

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Also, unlike other folks on Sky, I get the impression she'd not let anything slip unless she had permission to do so and it was planned.

Brian Carney didnt remark on it so I thought it was a scripted comment from Jenna 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

Brian Carney didnt remark on it so I thought it was a scripted comment from Jenna 

Disclosure: I didn't see it, hence putting the tweet (X post) up.

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Disclosure: I didn't see it, hence putting the tweet (X post) up.

The Sky deal was the lead topic on her news section, and she isnt the type to make uncorrected mistakes like that, so whatever the full broadcast deal is I'm confident Sky are going to be heavily involved. She said "all Sky platforms" so there is some type of streaming, either YouTube or other such as mentioned above. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

SKY / 4K question

Ive just gone back to Sky and note that Main Event is now UHD - when RL is broadcast on that channel is it in the higher def?

I have Virgin so maybe different, when they have RL on there I'm not sure it is true 4k, but I think the picture clarity benefits from the channel quality. If that makes sense? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

But if there's nowhere else to put it because of the tennis, they can hardly put it on the cricket channel etc. Just one of those things.

Isn't it also available to non Sky Sports subscribers?

Better on there than nowhere.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Isn't it also available to non Sky Sports subscribers?

Better on there than nowhere.

IIRC Sky Sports Mix is available to non Sky Sports subscribers, but who have other Sky TV packages or are on Virgin or other subscription companies. It is offered free to these subscribers.

• Like 3

From memory, and it is a pain that Barb no longer publishes free detailed stuff, but Mix doesn't get great figures in general, but it can do broadly the same as Arena or Action when a sport is exclusively on that channel. 

In effect it's like SL being shown on SS10 instead of SS8. Not a major issue in isolated cases like this. 

15 hours ago, Dave T said:

From memory, and it is a pain that Barb no longer publishes free detailed stuff, but Mix doesn't get great figures in general, but it can do broadly the same as Arena or Action when a sport is exclusively on that channel. 

In effect it's like SL being shown on SS10 instead of SS8. Not a major issue in isolated cases like this. 

Except it’s not sky sports 10 - I always forget it even exists as it’s not in the line up of “normal” sky sports channels when you flick through but randomly plonked somewhere else. No wonder nobody watches it.

• Like 1

Just now, FearTheVee said:

Except it’s not sky sports 10 - I always forget it even exists as it’s not in the line up of “normal” sky sports channels when you flick through but randomly plonked somewhere else. No wonder nobody watches it.

I'm the same, I always completely forget about it for this reason too and never really flick past Sky Sports News.

12 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

On virgin it's been slotted in as SS10 now tbh