Sat 17th Jun: CCQF: Hull FC v St Helens KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/06/23 at 14:00

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Any thoughts on Griffin and his part in it?

Stupid by Griffin and completely unacceptable but you can see why players get so frustrated by Kendall. He doesn’t seem to have a clue what is going on.

1 minute ago, jacksy said:

Stupid by Griffin but like me he's probably annoyed at this guys constant decisions against us whenever we have him.

The hooter had gone. It’s not like a major decision had just gone against Hull. Total stupidity by a player who should know better. To carry on back chatting after a yellow card is even dumber.

• Like 6

He contacted with the ref after expressing dissent. Personally I thought Kendall was restrained to only give yellow at first. When he carried on chuntering, he gave him no option. 

Should have been two reds - Fash should have been off earlier. Horrible deliberate shoulder drop on Percival.

• Haha 1

Idiotic for Griffin to get sent off like that, probably game over. I'd be very interested to know what he said though, if he's been offensive then fair enough, but if he's just getting carried away protesting a decision that's not worth a red card and ruining a quarter final for. 

Also, is there a precedent for cards being given after the hooter? The game isn't live. What if it was a substitute saying stuff to him as they walked off the pitch?

3 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

Griifin stupid but looks like Kendall was all too quick to want to make a point. Seemed unnecessary from both parties but only ever going to be one winner. I suggest after giving the yellow he should have just told Griffin to grow up before going straight for the red.

Griffin is old enough to know what the next action by the ref is. He didn’t deserve a second warning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DS95 said:

He's absolutely battered us this half

It's the same whenever we have him..Pearson should do a McManus and refuse to have him.

• Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

What decisions was he losing it about, theres not bern anything overly controversial in that half, penalties are even and one more 6 again to saints (I think) If anything the only dodgy one was Fash not getting a yellow.

Edited by dkw

1 minute ago, MZH said:

Idiotic for Griffin to get sent off like that, probably game over. I'd be very interested to know what he said though, if he's been offensive then fair enough, but if he's just getting carried away protesting a decision that's not worth a red card and ruining a quarter final for. 

Also, is there a precedent for cards being given after the hooter? The game isn't live. What if it was a substitute saying stuff to him as they walked off the pitch?

You can be sent off at any point mate. I once sent someone off in the changing room corridor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roy Haggerty said:

He contacted with the ref after expressing dissent. Personally I thought Kendall was restrained to only give yellow at first. When he carried on chuntering, he gave him no option. 

Should have been two reds - Fash should have been off earlier. Horrible deliberate shoulder drop on Percival.

Did he though? He stood close to him but I'm not sure he contacted him.

I have to agree Fash was lucky to avoid a card though. Deliberate or not it was very dangerous.

I'm simultaneously listening to Jamie Peacock explaining why Fash should have been given a card while reading from the FC fans on here how Kendall is favouring Saints.  Surreal.

• Like 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Whatever it was, Griffin was probably right, 

Condoning abuse to a ref. Have you heard of the word, Respect ?.You really are a moron.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MZH said:

The ref can send anyone off at any point   He is in control from start to finish. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

why is all the ht talk about the  ref instead of the game? 

Do you really need to ask??? Because whatever you think about the rights and wrongs of the decision to send Griffin off, it's the most significant action of the half in terms of the likely result.

For what it's worth, and without hearing what was said, I probably wouldn't have sent Griffin off but equally I can't actually defend his actions either.

6 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

Griifin stupid but looks like Kendall was all too quick to want to make a point. Seemed unnecessary from both parties but only ever going to be one winner. I suggest after giving the yellow he should have just told Griffin to grow up before going straight for the red.

What? The yellow card is literally Kendall telling Griffen to grow up and shut up. He didn't and continued so he got a red card. 

If the point he is trying to make is that abusing the referee is completely unacceptable, then he seemed to get it spot on IMO

• Like 4