Fri 30th Jun: SL: Leigh Leopards v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/23 at 19:30

Now on to the game, like most I thought it would be tight but that defence tonight in awful conditions was awesome and sickened the KRpack. Our attack is versatile and some real game breakers passing and running. Whatever happens next will just add to the ride 

2 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Rovers are a great side. Too many injuries. They will come good. Great fans 👍

It seems to be the same story every year with injuries derailing our seasons. With a fit squad I'm sure we would be higher in the table as I think we have been a better coached team this season for quite a while.

Leigh have been unreal this season. It’s funny to think that they hate us but I think Wigan fans are generally happy to see them doing well. They have pushed the boundaries and are showing all the clubs that you don’t just need to survive and you are allowed to show ambition.

The C4 game between Wigan and Leigh is shaping up to be some event in a few weeks time. If the clubs go in around their current places, I see no reason why we can’t push for 17/18k+. 

Edited by WN83
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Leigh have been unreal this season. It’s funny to think that they hate us but I think Wigan fans are generally happy to see them doing well. They have pushed the boundaries and are showing all the clubs that you don’t just need to survive and you are allowed to show ambition.

The C4 game between Wigan and Leigh is shaping up to be some event in a few weeks time. If the clubs go in around their current places, I see no reason why we can’t push for 17/18k+. 

Your quite right and as stated, Leigh have always travelled well. 

Wigan has been the only game this season for which we have been 'schooled' A change of tactics is required as you had Lam and Asiata on a stick. 

We will fill the away end and hopefully have a plan B to give Wigan a game. Hopefully French and Field will catch Covid so bad, Wigan an only field an A team 😂

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Wigan has been the only game this season for which we have been 'schooled' A change of tactics is required as you had Lam and Asiata on a stick. 

We will fill the away end and hopefully have a plan B to give Wigan a game. Hopefully French and Field will catch Covid so bad, Wigan an only field an A team 😂

Oh dear.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Catch covid ?. #####.

Hull KR needed to start this game well to have a chance, and the kick off and the Lewis brain fart obviously killed the chance of that off. The game was won in the middle, Rovers failed to control the ruck and so Leigh got the roll on that they're always capable of doing. Fair play.

I was vocal in my p*ss taking around the re-brand pre-season, and I stand by that. Execution was, and still is, amateurish. But I love Degsy's all-in commitment to his local club, and the way Leigh have built a decent squad this season and gone about their business. All power to their elbow, I'm down with it, good on 'em. 

• Like 6

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I’m sorry to hear about your friends acute Glaucoma, hope he gets it sorted 

I've got glaucoma and going for laser surgery on Monday. Thanks for reminding me. 😒

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

14 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Catch covid ?. #####.

Get a grip! I'm bloody jessin. Leigh are nowhere near Wigans league and it will take a good while yet. 

Where you there in 84 when we last Won at Wigan or are you a pup? 🤔 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Get a grip! I'm bloody jessin. Leigh are nowhere near Wigans league and it will take a good while yet. 

Where you there in 84 when we last Won at Wigan or are you a pup? 🤔 

Think before you post I reckon. I would not say the same about any player. You did not mean it in a nasty way. Fine. I am a pup to you I suppose. But I have seen a lot of Rugby League. 

2 minutes ago, Zilla Budgie said:

And after another superb performance by the Leigh Leopards, your post is embarrassing. 

Didn't mention performance or result. The attendance which is embarrassing. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Didn't mention performance or result. The attendance which is embarrassing. 

How many teams double there average attendance after half a season in superleague, what would Wigan's attendances be,if they had been in the championship as long as Leigh. I'm sure you won't be moaning when they fill the away end at the DW in a few weeks time.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Think before you post I reckon. I would not say the same about any player. You did not mean it in a nasty way. Fine. I am a pup to you I suppose. But I have seen a lot of Rugby League. 

I will put things in perspective for you. There are 22000 houses in Leigh compared to 105000 in WN 1-6. The Smiley face puts things into perspective the respect I have for Wigan I have as a club and as a team. 

Im not Einstein, but Central Park, (sorry) soulless soccer ground outside of Town must have sold out Tonight in comparison in to Leigh’s measly 6k attendance in front of the Sky cameras surely ? You got nowhere near to doubling it !

You should embrace Leigh and embrace being a pie eater. It brings the Two Towns together and any true Wigan fan would embrace a strong Leigh team as I have over many years supporting Wigan against the Aussies etc etc ….. Been to Wembley many times supporting ……

Have you seen a lot of of RL ?  Based on the passiveness of your post, I doubt. Your a keyboard ‘warrior’. 

I’m just a RL fan who is enjoying the ride and for a change is embracing the fact that a promoted team isn’t getting shafted and relegated. What a breath of fresh air ! 

If Leigh beat Saints and Wigan beat Hull KR, DM me, and I will buy you a Cola on Wembley way. 

If Leigh don’t get there, good luck. Nowt changed. Same old boring Rugby League !

• Like 4

A good night , a great atmosphere despite the weather ( who cares how wet you are when you're winning ? 😂 ) , We had a fan zone outside pre match so the weather was expected 🙄 , a good overall team performance , nobody really standing out for me , good to see Hughes and big Ben back ( big Ben looking as ' ripped ' as a back , he's been working hard during rehab ) 

Norman learning what will be expected of him wearing ' print ' and nobody limping at the end or facing any bans as far as I could see , didn't expect to be in second so that was a bonus , now we go on tour for 5 weeks in a row ( hopefully it'll be 6 😉 ) , if we can retain top 4 by the time we come back to the ' den ' we'll have done fantastic 

Come on you Pards 😀

Edited by GUBRATS

Will be delighted to be T6 come the next home game. Cas will see next week as a must win and if we get anything from away games at Wigan Saints and Leeds it will be a bonus. Salford away is winnable but we have the CC semi the following week and it’s played on the Sunday.

it feels quite weird typing this btw

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Will be delighted to be T6 come the next home game. Cas will see next week as a must win and if we get anything from away games at Wigan Saints and Leeds it will be a bonus. Salford away is winnable but we have the CC semi the following week and it’s played on the Sunday.

it feels quite weird typing this btw

You mean like feeling disappointed that you're only second in SL ? 😂 , That sort of weird ? 😉

The transformation in 16 months since we( Fev )beat you easily in the mud in the first game of last season is remarkable.I always want you to win and as i said after the York game you play entertaining rugby league.I am sure all other Championship supporters are pleased you are doing well.Certainly ruffled a few feathers in SL.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

2nd in the league and still cant manage to get 6k home fans through the gate. 

Guess all these concerts and rebranding isnt really working after all. 

Don't let it bother you it doesn't bother me, as I said at the beginning of the season if we average 6,000 home fans that is quite good in these times of Austerity there are just 42,000 souls in Leigh not 550,000 as in Bradford, now how many did you average in SL do the maths and you will find Leigh acheive more of a percentage from their townsfolk than Bradford did even in your great Bullmania days.

21 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

The transformation in 16 months since we( Fev )beat you easily in the mud in the first game of last season is remarkable.I always want you to win and as i said after the York game you play entertaining rugby league.I am sure all other Championship supporters are pleased you are doing well.Certainly ruffled a few feathers in SL.

Looking forward to welcoming you to this jolly band of brothers in SL next year Sentoff.

Just watched the recording of the game (spent my evening at old Trafford watching a game of cricket not being played!), looked a routine win. All Leigh’s forwards did well, with subs doing more minutes than usual.

My only slight worry is that Ben Reynolds seems too hot headed at times. Could cost us in big games such as the semi final coming up 

14 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

2nd in the league and still cant manage to get 6k home fans through the gate. 

Guess all these concerts and rebranding isnt really working after all. 

Rome wasn't built in a day and the club isn't just going jump straight to 10k fans in a good spell(just ask Huddersfield and Salford), especially charging quite expensive rates to get in. True acid test will be how the club can grow membership levels over the next 2-3 years. Ultimately, the thing that matters most is gate receipts and not attendance numbers anyway as that's what is going to drive the club towards sustainability and I would expect ours will be healthier than they've ever been with season tickets starting at 300 and matchday 27 quid.

Edited by LeytherRob
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't let it bother you it doesn't bother me, as I said at the beginning of the season if we average 6,000 home fans that is quite good in these times of Austerity there are just 42,000 souls in Leigh not 550,000 as in Bradford, now how many did you average in SL do the maths and you will find Leigh acheive more of a percentage from their townsfolk than Bradford did even in your great Bullmania days.

Wow! Only people living in the Beaumont demesne allowed to attend?