Up next Fax at the Fox,s Biscuit Stadium

Batley Bob

wow.

just wow.

• Like 4

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Superb performance, but I don't understand why Radio Leeds send a commentator to Batley, for about 2 mins commentary? Why is it BBC Radio Merseyside, BBC Cumbria, etc can cover games on the Beebs Internet player but Radio Leeds can't? Really bugs me !!!

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

30 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Wow! Brilliant result. Didn't see that coming. Looks to have been a really solid team performance from 1-17 and to keep Fax scoreless is fantastic as well. Well done to all.

Amazing result for the dogs. Seriously though, if Fev had a sudden slip, what do you reckon the club would do if the dogs DID finish top - stick or twist.? Naturally this would depend on the RFL overlooking the club’s application for SL for :

1. Ground capacity being too small.

2. support numbers too small.

3. pitch too slopey.

4. Shirts wrong colour.

5. Burgers too small.

6. Beer too warm.

7. Piggy’s mate.

Really hope you finish as high as the club deserves.

And that’s coming from the old enemy. 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

The best 2 words to use are commanding and awesome. Chatting with some Fax fans in the row before me discussing possible outcomes, I suggested a sneaky win either way, they were fully confident of not winning! From the first drive by Browny from the kick-off you could feel the energy and effort oozing and the manner in which they commanded the field for the full 80 minutes was testament not only to players and coaches but to our conditioner and the way in which he alone took the circle on the field at the end of warm-up and delivered his expectations. I and others have wondered about the resilience of these tired bodies (Linners' words, not mine) but with a performance like that it could just be that they've got over the hump. Awesome performances from all 17 on that field, nobody gave anything less that what they had. Watch out Olympique XIII.   

• Like 3

Also, in these days of it always being the ref's fault (and I don't mind saying that I think Liam Rush ISN'T always on our side) but today I think he was on the spot for almost everything. 2 errors, the knock-on decision against Hodson going uphill and the high shot on Woods on his kick, but everything is a matter of what you see in a split second.

5 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Superb performance, but I don't understand why Radio Leeds send a commentator to Batley, for about 2 mins commentary? Why is it BBC Radio Merseyside, BBC Cumbria, etc can cover games on the Beebs Internet player but Radio Leeds can't? Really bugs me !!!

I suspect the fact that Radio Leeds' area contains 11 of our pro/semi-pro clubs plays a big part. That's one third of the total in England.

Radio Merseyside has 3 teams to cover, Radio Cumbria 3, Radio Humberside 2.

The next highest is Radio Manchester with 6 teams (so about half as many as Radio Leeds). Like Radio Leeds, they tend to mainly cover their area's SL teams.

Maybe Radio Leeds could do more, but with 4 out of 12 SL clubs in their patch they don't have the capacity for Championship and L1 commentary in the same way Radio Cumbria do.

Great result for the Dogs on both attack and defence. Who would have thought we  would be second in the League at this stage.. Any chance of seeing the highlights Bob?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

I suspect the fact that Radio Leeds' area contains 11 of our pro/semi-pro clubs plays a big part. That's one third of the total in England.

Radio Merseyside has 3 teams to cover, Radio Cumbria 3, Radio Humberside 2.

The next highest is Radio Manchester with 6 teams (so about half as many as Radio Leeds). Like Radio Leeds, they tend to mainly cover their area's SL teams.

Maybe Radio Leeds could do more, but with 4 out of 12 SL clubs in their patch they don't have the capacity for Championship and L1 commentary in the same way Radio Cumbria do.

I get that BM, but they had a commentator at the game at the Batley v Fax yesterday! I have to listen to Radio Cumbria normally if I can't get to a game as all we get is Leeds Rhinos shoved down our throats. They could at least give us a couple of games a weekend, we do pay the licence fee too!

• Like 4

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

As good as we were - and we were really good - Fax were equally poor. Lets not get too carried away with the scoreline, however the most important part for me, and I suspect Linners and the lads, is the big fat zero next to Fax on the scoreboard. Our D looked well structured with only one or 2 times when we had to scramble, with a few try saving efforts thrown in for good measure. Attack looked awesome, with the spine of the team combining well to create space and opportunity - I have said before we look more potent when we have 3 pivots on the pitch (Woods, White and Meadows) at the same time. Throw in Leaky with Hooley and that creates problems for any opposition. Fax offered nothing, infact their worst performance I have ever seen, no grunt, no organisation, no enthusiasm, lack of fitness etc. Good for us as the game will not have been as physically taxing as expected and the lads might be fresher for Toulouse, which ofcourse will be a massive task to get the win on their home soil, in the stifling heat with a day less to recover plus the travel burden. I'll be there to cheer them on though. Anyone alse?

• Like 1

Great result for the Dogs, like I have often said, Batley might not have any out and out stars in the team but they all play for each other and put in massive effort week in week out, they play good honest rugby and the fans are the same...honest, when we were at Mount Pleasant the other week there were Batley fans congratulating the York players on how they played which is great and how it should be. God knows what is wrong with Halifax though, can't see Grix being there much longer, maybe Keighley might take him on after sacking Coleman. 

8 hours ago, frank said:

Great result for the Dogs on both attack and defence. Who would have thought we  would be second in the League at this stage.. Any chance of seeing the highlights 

https://m.facebook.com/FaxPanthers/videos/rd18-batley-bulldogs-a-match-highlights-2023-betfred-championship/794411325484427/

Edited by Batley Bob

IMG_0583.JPG

2 hours ago, BullyXL said:

As good as we were - and we were really good - Fax were equally poor. Lets not get too carried away with the scoreline, however the most important part for me, and I suspect Linners and the lads, is the big fat zero next to Fax on the scoreboard. Our D looked well structured with only one or 2 times when we had to scramble, with a few try saving efforts thrown in for good measure. Attack looked awesome, with the spine of the team combining well to create space and opportunity - I have said before we look more potent when we have 3 pivots on the pitch (Woods, White and Meadows) at the same time. Throw in Leaky with Hooley and that creates problems for any opposition. Fax offered nothing, infact their worst performance I have ever seen, no grunt, no organisation, no enthusiasm, lack of fitness etc. Good for us as the game will not have been as physically taxing as expected and the lads might be fresher for Toulouse, which ofcourse will be a massive task to get the win on their home soil, in the stifling heat with a day less to recover plus the travel burden. I'll be there to cheer them on though. Anyone alse?

We defended 18 tackles at times when we were defending, Fax looked ok but couldn’t break down our defence which worked hard… 

we were good with the ball in hand 

17 hours ago, phildog said:

Also, in these days of it always being the ref's fault (and I don't mind saying that I think Liam Rush ISN'T always on our side) but today I think he was on the spot for almost everything. 2 errors, the knock-on decision against Hodson going uphill and the high shot on Woods on his kick, but everything is a matter of what you see in a split second.

In a word, PERFECT an all round excellent performance from the boys! some people are saying that halifax weren't at there best, but your only as good as the opposition let you be, and our boys didn't give them a sniff yesterday! From the very first minute you could see our boys where up for it, even playing up hill the first half we where constantly making good yards! Halifax just couldn't handle our big boys in the middle we totally dominated them, fax only completed 7 sets the whole second half, shows how dominent we where! Good attack Good tries Good defence and a GOOD TEAM! all working hard as ever for each other! well done boys, EXCELLENT! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, phildog said:

Don't think the ref gave the knock-on against Hodgson if you watch the highlights he gives against Morton who drops on it you can see him explaining it to Hooley and I guess that was the linesmans call anyway, woods incident I and a few others didn't think there was much wrong with the and it was right in front of us, think woods just fell on his dodgy ankle again that's why I think they took him off as a pro cautionary measure! 

34 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Don't think the ref gave the knock-on against Hodgson if you watch the highlights he gives against Morton who drops on it you can see him explaining it to Hooley and I guess that was the linesmans call anyway, woods incident I and a few others didn't think there was much wrong with the and it was right in front of us, think woods just fell on his dodgy ankle again that's why I think they took him off as a pro cautionary measure! 

He was given the green card