Which teams would we all like to be competing in the Challenge Cup Final?

Looking forward to being in attendance at Wembley for a massive Saints v Wigan showdown.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

4 minutes ago, Human Punk said:

Saints v HKR, with HKR to win, and Lachlan Coote getting to lift the trophy!

I’d disagree with part of that, obviously, but if that was to happen, I would hope he would walk both teams onto the pitch or bring on the match ball to get the ovation he deserves. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jughead said:

They’re really not. Give your head a wobble. You’re genuinely saying that Saints fans don’t want to win a cup. Remarkable. 

I admit I'm a sample of one Saints fan, but I very much want us to win on Saturday and then win the cup!

18 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Already sorted Kendall the ref for Saints , Liam Moore for Wigan 

Getting your excuse in early haha

Have Leigh paid their half a mil deposit to the rfl incase they make the final and the RFL are staring into a huge loss

6 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Oh yes they are,look at wigan and the 80s towards the end of that great run of finals there fans who was fed up of going and watching them batter another team.

They’re not. Not at all. I’d like to see where you’re getting this from as being a Saints fan, I have not had that conversation with anyone, it’s not on any forums and it’s not on any social media. 

Saints’ biggest win in a final over the past four years has been 17 points. We’ve also gone in behind at half-time in one final, won one on the full-time hooter and another by two points. Hardly “battering another team”. Battering a side would be quite nice after some of the finals we’ve been in of late. 

Edited by Jughead

I think any combination from the 4 semi finalists makes for a pretty intriguing final. I obviously want Wigan to make it but if we don't, I really hope it's HKR vs Leigh and I'm not just saying that because I want Saints to get beat. I think both of those clubs are pushing boundaries and putting loads of energy, effort and money in to improving themselves. They would both take really healthy followings as well and I think it would make for a really special occasion. I've not been to cup final as a neutral in a long while (The first game back at the New Wembley I think) but I'd probably make the effort for that game. 

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

Not Wigan V Saints. Want to see new battles not the same old "derby" How many times have they met in the last 5 years (not just cup games)

Less than 5 times in a final in 20 years 

You could select any 2 regular SL teams and they will have played each other the same amount of times as any other 2.

Didnt Leigh play at the cup final last year, same teams doing well is no coincidence 

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

Not Wigan V Saints. Want to see new battles not the same old "derby" How many times have they met in the last 5 years (not just cup games)

Twice this century in the Challenge Cup Final. Hardly loads. 

If KR or Leigh sun the cup, it will be the 7th consecutive different winner of the cup. 

If Leigh get to the final, they’ll be the eleventh different finalist in the past nine finals. 

Same old teams get to the final though lads. 

6 hours ago, yipyee said:

You could select any 2 regular SL teams and they will have played each other the same amount of times as any other 2.

Didnt Leigh play at the cup final last year, same teams doing well is no coincidence 

I did say ot just cup games, they must have met at least 4 times each season in recent years

18 hours ago, yipyee said:

I mean.. People aren't saying they are bored of watching Wigan v Saints in a final, they are saying they are bored of watching Wigan v Saints. 

Yes, they may have only faced each other in a final 5 times in 20 years, but every season their matches are televised so you see it all the time. Other teams aren't on TV quite as often, so although they may play each other the same amount of times as Saints & Wigan, we (the public) don't get to see that with our 2 TV matches a week.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Click said:

I mean.. People aren't saying they are bored of watching Wigan v Saints in a final, they are saying they are bored of watching Wigan v Saints. 

Yes, they may have only faced each other in a final 5 times in 20 years, but every season their matches are televised so you see it all the time. Other teams aren't on TV quite as often, so although they may play each other the same amount of times as Saints & Wigan, we (the public) don't get to see that with our 2 TV matches a week.

As a fan of one of the clubs it seems to be Leeds and Hull we always seem to be playing,