Has Anyone Sold A Dummy Better?

Josh Schuster started the 2023 season unfit and disinterested. He hardly improved before Wests made public an “offer” of $1m a season for him.

In a panic, Manly resigned him about six weeks ago for $800k a season to the end of 2027.

Performances have disintegrated and Schuster has been dropped from this weekend’s 17.

Well played Wests. The club learning how to sell a dummy that their new head coach would have been proud of in his playing days.

Any other great examples we have to share?

He has delusions of grandeur and elements of the media and Manly themselves bought into those . It was bizarre that he thought himself a half . He’s got some skills but he’s also very lazy , not fit enough and at times disinterested . How can you not hit the ball up once in a game ?

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He has delusions of grandeur.  It was bizarre that he thought himself a half . He’s got some skills but he’s also very lazy , not fit enough and at times disinterested . How can you not hit the ball up once in a game ?

Are we talking about Schuster or Matt Dufty 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Are we talking about Schuster or Matt Dufty 

Dufty was excellent at Leeds yesterday. Apparently he's already had a dressing down from burgess who clearly won't tolerate laziness. It appears he won't tolerate it from Mitchell either if the stories coming out of Aus are true. 

A few years ago, Salford made it to a Grand Final and a Challenge Cup final, playing an entertaining brand of rugby. The man who made this happen was the club's then 'coaching consultant', but they managed to persuade everyone that it was all down to the head coach.

One club fell for it, big style. They persuaded that head coach to join them, and paid Salford a fee for the privilege!

Suckers!

• Like 1

Best dummy I ever witnessed was from Bill Ashurst to David Topliss for Wakefield against Bradford. I think it was Keith Mumby who bought it  but everyone in the stadium did too. Even David Topliss thought he had the ball while Bill just strode on and scored a try

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Josh Schuster started the 2023 season unfit and disinterested. He hardly improved before Wests made public an “offer” of $1m a season for him.

In a panic, Manly resigned him about six weeks ago for $800k a season to the end of 2027.

Performances have disintegrated and Schuster has been dropped from this weekend’s 17.

Well played Wests. The club learning how to sell a dummy that their new head coach would have been proud of in his playing days.

Any other great examples we have to share?

Blake Austin, although that does involve some actual dummies

I was hosting a corporate gig a few years back at a football match. Lined my father in law to pretend he played in the 1982 FIFA WC. He knew all about it and the players etc. we pretended he was a left back to keep it conspicuous.

When I announced that he played in the 82 WC he had about 16 guys all hanging on his every word talking about playing in the WC.

Priceless.

• 1 month later...
  • Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Best I've ever seen was Mick(I can't spake) Morgan when he played for Oldham v Wigan at Central park. Passed the ball left, I swear it left his hands, the tacklers dropped off him to follow the ball but he kept running ball in hand. It's the first time I have ever witnessed 'The Force' and the use of jedi mind tricks. I can hear him now "this is not the ball you seek"!

• Haha 1