Sun 27th Aug: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos KO 15:00

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/08/23 at 14:30

Be nice to get one over the fat unicorns for once, i suppose if we win we still have a small chance of the play-offs but i'm not sure even if we did we'd scrape in anyway.

They've been pretty poor all year but somehow manage to turn into the best team on the planet when up against us which is rather annoying, Fartown by 4

Edited by daz39
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

All about which team within either team turns up, both so inconsistent it is anybodies guess.

But I will go for Leeds.

Been a while since I've been to the John Smiths stadium ....looking forward to it and might take the kids to see the George hotel.....has it been half knocked down or something recently ?

Think Newman's second game back means he'll be back in the swing of things and have a good game. Sezer was fantastic last game and seems to be fully fit.  Leeds by a score and to sneak into play offs eventually 

8 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Been a while since I've been to the John Smiths stadium ....looking forward to it and might take the kids to see the George hotel.....has it been half knocked down or something recently ?

Think Newman's second game back means he'll be back in the swing of things and have a good game. Sezer was fantastic last game and seems to be fully fit.  Leeds by a score and to sneak into play offs eventually 

The George is being refurbished into a new Radisson Red hotel.

The last time i passed it it had a tarpauling around the front as work was being done on it.

The exterior is remaining but inside it was gutted.

Not sure if the blue plaque commemorating the 1895 meeting is still visible or not.

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

The George is being refurbished into a new Radisson Red hotel.

The last time i passed it it had a tarpauling around the front as work was being done on it.

The exterior is remaining but inside it was gutted.

Not sure if the blue plaque commemorating the 1895 meeting is still visible or not.

Thanks Daz....might give it a miss them! 

Any recommendations for family lunch pre game?

From a few years ago I remember there is a bowling alley near the stadium ? Is it still open for me to take the kids to?

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

14 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Thanks Daz....might give it a miss them! 

Any recommendations for family lunch pre game?

From a few years ago I remember there is a bowling alley near the stadium ? Is it still open for me to take the kids to?

Yep the bowling is still there - https://www.uksuperbowlhuddersfield.com/

As for lunch it depends on what your budget is, how far out your wanting to travel and what level of 'class' you want?.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Yep the bowling is still there - https://www.uksuperbowlhuddersfield.com/

As for lunch it depends on what your budget is, how far out your wanting to travel and what level of 'class' you want?.

We went to the Old Mill or something last time just off M62 near a river on the way to Leeds road  ....thinking there again but  trying similar in a different location preferred....to try something new etc (decent pub etc) 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

10 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

We went to the Old Mill or something last time just off M62 near a river on the way to Leeds road  ....thinking there again but  trying similar in a different location preferred....to try something new etc (decent pub etc) 

The Royal and Ancient is a nice place, 2 minute drive off Leeds Road from J25 

Or Miller and Carter steakhouse just a but further on from the Old mill

From J24 there's a good old Toby Carvery just by the roundabout or the Spinks Nest in Birkby, 5 mins from town centre is good value.

Obviously those are ones on the way into but there's plenty of wonderful inns and pubs further out.

8 minutes ago, daz39 said:

From J24 there's a good old Toby Carvery just by the roundabout or the Spinks Nest in Birkby, 5 mins from town centre is good value.

Obviously those are ones on the way into but there's plenty of wonderful inns and pubs further out.

Nice one cheers Daz 

23 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Get sat on the wall outside Marstons chicken 🙂 best feed in Huddersfield 

• Like 2

Shuddersfield to get trampled by the Rhino's to such an extent they get renamed the Shuddersfield Dwarf's.

Watson to whinge that every ref's decision was wrong, that they should have had 10 penalty try's given to them and Leeds should have had 5 sent off. 

Shuddersfield 10 - 48 Rhino's

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 hours ago, daz39 said:

is the Empire cinema club still open? ages since have seen a good film 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

31 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

is the Empire cinema club still open? ages since have seen a good film 

There’s a gritty tense thriller out called Barbie I think it might be right up your street GJ. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Shuddersfield to get trampled by the Rhino's to such an extent they get renamed the Shuddersfield Dwarf's.

Watson to whinge that every ref's decision was wrong, that they should have had 10 penalty try's given to them and Leeds should have had 5 sent off. 

Shuddersfield 10 - 48 Rhino's

U OK Hun?

• Like 1

Apparently some activities around stadium for this ? Anyone know what? Trying to plan what time I arrive with the kids (and if there is enough for them to do etc if I come really early) 

Also roughly what time does the stadium car park fill up (or what time recomwnwd to make sure I get a spot?  ...can't see anywhere to book it )

24 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Apparently some activities around stadium for this ? Anyone know what? Trying to plan what time I arrive with the kids (and if there is enough for them to do etc if I come really early) 

Also roughly what time does the stadium car park fill up (or what time recomwnwd to make sure I get a spot?  ...can't see anywhere to book it )

Just found the info in their website 

Anyone know if I'm likely to get a car spot if I arrive for the 1pm fan zone opening ? We might now actually eat at the ground instead