Fri 25th Aug: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Leigh Leopards KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/23 at 19:30

Difficult one to call. Hull KR probably have more to play for (I know Leigh can potentially still grab 2nd, but they are safely in the playoffs). There's also the question of how they deal with a cup final hangover. I've heard players say that the week after the final isn't too bad, it's the following game where it often hits you. 

Hopefully Leigh do us a big favour and get another win, but if I had to put money on the game it would probably be going on Rovers tbh.

HKR by 4

18 hours ago, Thunder Road said:

Depends how annoyed KR are at losing the challenge cup by the golden point.

I consider Leigh to be well capable of coping with HKR's annoyance both physically and mentally, and I would go as far to say if HKR did get annoyed and lose composure because of it Leigh have the tools to take advantage of and exploit that situation.

Rovers by Golden Point, which will make us the Linear Challenge Cup Champions.

Make sure you bring the trophy to hand over in the post-match ceremony 🏆 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

17 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Unfortunately Catalans took possession of the linear challenge cup when they beat Leigh last week.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

20 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Unfortunately Catalans took possession of the linear challenge cup when they beat Leigh last week.

Sorry to inform you guys but it is nailed down on Mr Beaumont's bed side table, suitably adorned with Leopard tassels.

• Haha 2

Is this on Sky? oh good i've missed the pathetic and constant booing and chanting rude words at the referee from the Craven park lot (only while their losing though).

I think the Lopards will beat them again just to rub salt in their wounds.

Rovers fans to boo on 4 minutes and abuse the ref on 13, Leigh to win by 8.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

Nah I've decided to limit the exchange to the last pair of finalists 😃

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Is this on Sky? oh good i've missed the pathetic and constant booing and chanting rude words at the referee from the Craven park lot (only while their losing though).

I think the Lopards will beat them again just to rub salt in their wounds.

Rovers fans to boo on 4 minutes and abuse the ref on 13, Leigh to win by 8.

I think you need a new act mate, Jimmy Tarbuck has fresher lines 

I would say that the only reason nobody hears Huddersfield fans booing is because one man and a dog can't make enough noise to be picked up by the Sky microphones, but your pathetic crowds are an even older joke so I won't lower myself to it 🤣🤣🤣

John-Smiths-Stadium-blackout.jpg?resize=660%2C330&ssl=1 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

No excuses of fatigue and no left edge for Leigh BUT they keep on surprising people. 

HKR will be favourites but it is one of Leighs winnable games to sucure top 4.

What do you mean no left edge, what is the saying when someone is missing it is another player's opportunity.

36 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What do you mean no left edge, what is the saying when someone is missing it is another player's opportunity.

We do seem to be badly missing Luetele, while Charnley is a doubt. But there is also the opposition doing more to shut down the space down that side, and for some reason we seem reluctant to put any kicks in behind them as they push up to stop our attacks.

• Thanks 1

On 24/08/2023 at 12:23, Harry Stottle said:

Anyones call this game, but the law of averages says it is HKR's turn already 0/3, incidently if Leigh did lose this fixture it would be the first loss to any team from Yorkshire in League or Cup this term.

I hope it's as good as what we saw at Wembley but understandable if not the same intensity 

Briscoe's 400th game I believe....that really is something. Left Leeds and expected to disappear and now has a CC medal and a chance int he play offs...well done to him. Also a good advert for players to make a late move and refresh themselves 

HKR I think will be striving to get a win over Leigh .I think home advantage will see them home .Although Leigh will want to show theyve not peaked after Wembley.  Rovers I think 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Very dark over here in Hull at the moment and rain, thunder and lightning occurring to good effect.

No idea about this one but I'm in the queue behind the others hoping for a spotted victory.

Bit concerned about Harry's knowledge of Degsy's bedroom but I'll not speculate.

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not surprising H that Charnley isn’t as potent since the Leutele Injury. 

The moves are not as fluid and therefore have not been finished off by Josh. 

You think we are still as fluid ? I will be Honest, Kai O Donnell could be devestating at Centre but instead we sign Gildart who hasn’t played all year. 

Just my opinion but let’s hope all runs well tonight. My opportunity is to grow the Leopard Brand here in Kent and Shout out for Leigh in Canterbury 👍

6 hours ago, daz39 said:

And you post a pic of an empty stadium with no game happening to try and score points? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You’d have us believe the stadium looked any different when the game was on?

”Sit down Fido I’m trying to watch the game”

”Woof woof”

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1