Fri 1st Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/23 at 19:30

This match could be a cracker, I hope Mr Kendall is strong enough to stop all the laying on at the tackle that Mr Peet utilises, I took some stick for pointing this out in the Caralan game but when it becomes the norm for a fourth player to 'flop' on top of three of his collegues it is getting a bit farcical.

No this is not an attack on Wigan I would say the same of any team who uses this tactic.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

This match could be a cracker, I hope Mr Kendall is strong enough to stop all the laying on at the tackle that Mr Peet utilises, I took some stick for pointing this out in the Caralan game but when it becomes the norm for a fourth player to 'flop' on top of three of his collegues it is getting a bit farcical.

No this is not an attack on Wigan I would say the same of any team who uses this tactic.

It is of course an attack on Wigan, and no you don’t. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

It is of course an attack on Wigan, and no you don’t. 

Because I am singling Wigan out EW I suppose you could say it as an attack, but it is done with an easy observation no other team uses the slowing down of the ruck as much as Wigan do, watch and note.

And yes I would, I would chastise any team that subdues the entertainment value with this tactic, to say it does not happen is purely being wilfully aware of it but choosing to ignore it.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's still an attack 😀....a fair one too....the floppers have got away with it loads this year 

I'm not sure it's just Wigan though in fairness. I don't mind it as a tactic for what it's worth (and not just as a Wigan fan) but I would say if it's getting to the point where it's just flat out ridiculous, boring everyone and every player's at it every tackle then the rule itself (or lack thereof) might want to be looked at.

Otherwise though I'm not sure a team who's well coached in giving themselves time to get set up again in defence is doing anything wrong, maybe other teams are just focusing on other aspects of their game instead.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

I'm not sure it's just Wigan though in fairness. I don't mind it as a tactic for what it's worth (and not just as a Wigan fan) but I would say if it's getting to the point where it's just flat out ridiculous, boring everyone and every player's at it every tackle then the rule itself (or lack thereof) might want to be looked at.

Otherwise though I'm not sure a team who's well coached in giving themselves time to get set up again in defence is doing anything wrong, maybe other teams are just focusing on other aspects of their game instead.

So it's OK if one team are doing it, but if it spreads then it needs some consideration?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

James Child was saying on the Forty20 podcast the other day that it is one area where there is real discretion on behalf of refs ....they 'decide' how they do it and then suck to it equally for the game 

Different refs do deal with the ruck differently in my view.......James also made the point if refs get a steer to sort this and other things out it has to stick even if fans and coaches moan about weeks of extra penalties etc ....he suggested on the past refs have been asked to dail back when this has happened in the past 

3 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

James Child was saying on the Forty20 podcast the other day that it is one area where there is real discretion on behalf of refs ....they 'decide' how they do it and then suck to it equally for the game 

Different refs do deal with the ruck differently in my view.......James also made the point if refs get a steer to sort this and other things out it has to stick even if fans and coaches moan about weeks of extra penalties etc ....he suggested on the past refs have been asked to dail back when this has happened in the past 

That doesn't surprise me to hear to be honest - I suppose it's just one of those things that can only be treated with discretion.

I will say though I agree if you were originally saying you don't agree with players just "flopping" after the tackle's completed, that's a completely different thing!

8 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

That doesn't surprise me to hear to be honest - I suppose it's just one of those things that can only be treated with discretion.

I will say though I agree if you were originally saying you don't agree with players just "flopping" after the tackle's completed, that's a completely different thing!

Flopping is the ultimate bs.....same as third man tackles shouldn't count .....even in my amateur union team plenty of blokes like to jump in at the end rather than the start 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

5 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Good technique is it tez?

I sense it's not a popular opinion but it's exactly for this reason (commentators not knowing the rules) that I liked it when they had SCummings alongside them in the commentary box.

• Like 2