Squad for 2024.

jroyales

30th of September coming round so probably be some announcements after that . But concerning though that it was generally believed that our new unannounced coach had a say in the signings , we now know this wasn't the case and either said coach has backed out as doesn't fancy it ,or the signings have all been Fordy's and there was no coach lined up. 

I know pro sport is cut throat or in Roughyeds case semi-pro, but if what I'm hearing is true and I have no reason to doubt the family friend ,who knows one of our now former players , then Fordy is out of order and shown absolutely no class .  Most of, if not all of the not retained/released players have been informed of their release by text message , no phone call or meeting just a copy and paste text , not how I would like deal with any staff under my management etc. but hey morals , politeness are more important to me than hiding behind a text message to avoid confrontation  as that shows weakness .

Edited by Rob95
typo

Fordy has so much passion for Oldham. Now there will be some people who will be upset by his passion. Tough sh!t, I'm with fordy. There will be some upset and yes some mistakes. If he can get good players who want to play for the shirt, then I'm with him. Remember he's put his money where his mouth is. I work on the principle that if I'm being slagged off I must be doing something right!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Happyed said:

I guess that means we retain- 

morgan, whittel, Baker, Wilkinson, paga, Cameron, Hirst, Moran, rawsthorne, Johnson, Ellis 

I think that’s good business if we can strengthen from here 

Great business from Ford, done a great job keeping Baker and Wilkinson from going to Widnes.

All the best to the lads moving on 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Rob95 said:

30th of September coming round so probably be some announcements after that . But concerning though that it was generally believed that our new unannounced coach had a say in the signings , we now know this wasn't the case and either said coach has backed out as doesn't fancy it ,or the signings have all been Fordy's and there was no coach lined up. 

I know pro sport is cut throat or in Roughyeds case semi-pro, but if what I'm hearing is true and I have no reason to doubt the family friend ,who knows one of our now former players , then Fordy is out of order and shown absolutely no class .  Most of, if not all of the not retained/released players have been informed of their release by text message , no phone call or meeting just a copy and paste text , not how I would like deal with any staff under my management etc. but hey morals , politeness are more important to me than hiding behind a text message to avoid confrontation  as that shows weakness .

I don’t believe a professional operator like Ford would send a text  message to let players go.

I would love to know what went on in the final 3 games ?  

The club did say they wanted to build a team for the championship even if we were in league 1. Whilst I did like a lot of the players on the released list they didn't perform in league 1 and I guess the club have decided that they wouldn't improve enough to become championship players. I do find it odd that all these decisions are being made before a coach is appointed though.

• Like 1