Dilemma

georgeb1

These clashes have annoyed me all season. I missed Halifax vs Knights when Valkyrie played St Helens and I'll miss Bradford away tomorrow to see the ladies lift the Shield (with an interesting double-header thrown in). Fortunately, I agree with others that missing a visit to Odsal is no great loss.

It was fortunate too that I was able to do away double-headers with Huddersfield/Keighley and Wigan/Widnes - both extremely enjoyable.

By the way, does anyone know the date of the play-off semi-final? I believe it's a home match and 23/24 September would make sense if the final is 7/8 October. As far as I know, a charity football match is booked at the LNER for Sunday 24th. 

• Like 2

Great afternoon for the knights and valkyrie and still a slight possibility the knights can get into the play-offs and hopefully we can end our last game at home with a win against Batley .Hopefully we can get a decent crowd and after watching City yesterday I'd rather part with my money watching the knights.

53 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Cant believe it, what a win we'll done lads

We listened to it on Radio York and the commentator was getting rather giddy especially near the end. It wasn't as biased as Radio Humberside or Leeds are.

5 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

We listened to it on Radio York and the commentator was getting rather giddy especially near the end. It wasn't as biased as Radio Humberside or Leeds are.

I like Andy Acko, really nice bloke and loves his rugby, much better than the Bulls commentator 

Edited by spanishknight
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

I like Andy Acko, really nice bloke and loves his rugby, much better than the Bulls commentator 

There aren’t many better, he is full of enthusiasm, he knows the players and knows the game and doesn’t mind saying how it is if the Knights aren’t performing, all in all he is exactly what you want in a commentator if you can’t be physically there.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Really good win against the Bulls. Should be a cracker next week. All still to play for.

fully agree , hendo is now showing his ability to really put his stamp on this side , well done all , up the fantastic kneets

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Self admitted giddiness, Fevrover. I love rugby league and certainly like to think I can appreciate decent rugby from the opposition.

Lets face it, not too many fancied us for a win today.

Thanks for listening.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, andyacko said:

Self admitted giddiness, Fevrover. I love rugby league and certainly like to think I can appreciate decent rugby from the opposition.

Lets face it, not too many fancied us for a win today.

Thanks for listening.

It's only natural to want your own team to win but honestly you weren't biased to the same extent of Leeds and Humberside  which i liked.

• Like 3

I’ve still no idea how the first York try was given not one york player celebrated Harrison through the ball back lilley caught it hands on head by York players. Then had a chat gave it not one celebration just York players confused talking with the ref asking why it’s a try 🤦🏻‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

I’ve still no idea how the first York try was given not one york player celebrated Harrison through the ball back lilley caught it hands on head by York players. Then had a chat gave it not one celebration just York players confused talking with the ref asking why it’s a try 🤦🏻‍♂️

Penalty try given for the tackle on Harrison that left him down between the posts (given after consultation with touch judge)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bullmania said:

Think with that ref no one knows what he's thinking not even him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Have you watched the video? Definitely didn't throw the ball backwards. It was kicked out of his hands in the act of scoring. And I would imagine the reason York players had their heads in the hands is due to Harrison collecting a wallop to the head in the process.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JonT said:

Have you watched the video? Definitely didn't throw the ball backwards. It was kicked out of his hands in the act of scoring. And I would imagine the reason York players had their heads in the hands is due to Harrison collecting a wallop to the head in the process.

Isn't a penalty try normally an eight-pointer with an extra kick in front of the posts?

2 hours ago, Bullmania said:

To be honest I haven’t either apparently it was for kicking the ball out but I didn’t see it on the video. It was a strange one though because York didn’t celebrate and Bradford didn’t complain bizarre really

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HolmeKnight said:

Isn't a penalty try normally an eight-pointer with an extra kick in front of the posts?

I don’t think so I believe a 8 point try is when you score a try but foul play is committed ie a late hit on the try scorer but the rules change so much I could be wrong.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JonT said:

Who’s kicked it out from there it’s impossible and who’s walloped him in head when he walked away after he was told to swing his arm as he landed akward where from that you would do. Has AJ is trying turn him to prevent the score so he’s landing on his arm shoulder why to me even in fast motion he’s tried to throw it out with a offload knowing he’s going lose control. We can all have a opinion but will never know the facts like spainish knight said who knows with that ref.

9AD90978-5E83-457A-B73F-4977A5BFCC38.jpeg

• Like 1