Sun 10th Sept: SL: Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves KO 12:45 (Channel 4)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/23 at 12:15

Just now, Old Frightful said:

Fantastic way to finish that game.

Makes it worth enduring the previous errorfest.

Chuffed for Burgess after his first half costly mistake.

And he was running off a great pass from Singleton. A bit of redemption for him too, after his very recent brainfart.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Indeed, in reality that's a penalty and yellow card, 6 again wasn't given. 

This ref allows a lifetime for player's to get off the tackle,  as was evident the other week in the Catalan/ Wigan game, we call refs when they are not consistent.

Edited by Harry Stottle

20 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

If the ball from Stone hadn't brushed the Wire player, it would have been perfectly fine. Players can't always judge if a ball has touched someone in full flight and at speed. It's harsh to expect it. The alternative is to just have players leaving passes going untouched.

Wish Joe Mellor had took your advice on Friday.

It was a scruffy game, exciting to watch. Don't think there was anything between the two sides. It's actually raining now; if that had started during the game it might have been a better game funnily enough. As it was it was like a sauna so not going to go too critical of the errors.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

32 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

They won’t play for twenty minutes without a point being scored.

They got halfway there.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'll be stunned if we get owt from this. We don't deserve it tbh imo. 

An honest opinion Dave please don't chastise me till I finish,

Wire are playing without halfbacks, one is very much capable of initializing play for his outside backs and wide second rows but chooses to keep kicking the ball in the hope that the opposition makes mistakes instead of running the ball, 3 times in the first half wire looked overloaded on the outside over the Salford defence but every time Williams chose to kick as though it was premeditated and he wasn't playing to what was in front of him, and the other halfback as we have had this discussion before in my opinion is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Also I have a soft spot for Salford, where I have been to the AJ Bell on a number of occasions when my team was not playing especially when we were in the Championship and so wanted them to win, but given the choice I would sooner play Warrington in the play offs - where we finish 4th should we beat Wakey next week - I think that Salford's style creates for more of a problem for my team than Wire does.

Exciting if error strewn, caught the highlights (if you can label them) of union England game,the red card rules if enforce today would have removed, singleton, Nicholson and the big Fijian(not got the spelling in front of me).

Hope common sense prevail before we panic and follow union.

10 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Hope common sense prevail before we panic and follow union.

Don't think so we have always been the leaders of innovation , that lot have always copied us with everything. I think we have got the right balance . Let them get on with it and let's hope some of their games finish 7 a side

Just watched on catch up . Enjoyable game to watch . Good play by Burgess at the end . One thing that was very noticeable for me was how slow the ruck was , sometimes painfully slow . Even though the ref kept saying quicken up the ruck there was an inordinate amount of laying on , messing around and flopping . It’s something we see a lot in SL and is a big contrast to the NRL 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Just watched on catch up . Enjoyable game to watch . Good play by Burgess at the end . One thing that was very noticeable for me was how slow the ruck was , sometimes painfully slow . Even though the ref kept saying quicken up the ruck there was an inordinate amount of laying on , messing around and flopping . It’s something we see a lot in SL and is a big contrast to the NRL 

As I said earlier David, this ref allows slow play the balls, been very noticeable in recent games he has officiated on.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As I said earlier David, this ref allows slow play the balls, been very noticeable in recent games he has officiated on.

Careful Harry might be borderline critical of an official, not that I disagree.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

An honest opinion Dave please don't chastise me till I finish,

Wire are playing without halfbacks, one is very much capable of initializing play for his outside backs and wide second rows but chooses to keep kicking the ball in the hope that the opposition makes mistakes instead of running the ball, 3 times in the first half wire looked overloaded on the outside over the Salford defence but every time Williams chose to kick as though it was premeditated and he wasn't playing to what was in front of him, and the other halfback as we have had this discussion before in my opinion is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Also I have a soft spot for Salford, where I have been to the AJ Bell on a number of occasions when my team was not playing especially when we were in the Championship and so wanted them to win, but given the choice I would sooner play Warrington in the play offs - where we finish 4th should we beat Wakey next week - I think that Salford's style creates for more of a problem for my team than Wire does.

4th isn’t wrapped up for Leigh with one more win. Hull KR could still catch us, and make up the PD

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do you think coaches know this (and other refs foibles), and do you think good coaches exploit this and coach the players how to play each ref.

If my coach didn't i would want know why.

Refs are human not robots, live with it and stop bloody moaning about it.

• Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I am not criticising Elbow, just pointing out his style.

Which I believe is an area that the RFL leaves it up to the individual referees interpretation.

Just jesting Harry, I totally agree,on your game on Friday I thought saints were constantly slowing your ruck, but listen to the redvee podcast and they said Leigh were constantly doing it, fans generally complain when it's done to them and then call their own players for not doing it.

29 minutes ago, Padge said:

Do you think coaches know this (and other refs foibles), and do you think good coaches exploit this and coach the players how to play each ref.

If my coach didn't i would want know why.

Refs are human not robots, live with it and stop bloody moaning about it.

I will moan about it as long as long as it goes on, if you like all that slowing down of the game up to you.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will moan about it as long as long as it goes on, if you like all that slowing down of the game up to you.

Did I say I like it, don't think so. I pointed out what coaches do, have always done and will always do. You seem to think Leigh don't indulge in such gamesmanship, got news for you they do, they may not be as good at it as others (your coach and players fault) but all teams do it.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.