Castleford stadium.

1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

True, but the difference is in 2019 and 2021 they weren't the favourites, they lost the promotion finals to the regular season table-toppers as expected on both occasions.

This year, over the whole season, Fev are clearly the best team, they just have to make sure they don't get mugged on the day like Toronto did in 2018. And this year's London team ain't near as good as that one.

Finally someone that understands what happened rather than throwing juvenile statements about "bottling it". This season is the first time we're favourites and would be the first time I'd be bitterly disappointed to not win the grand final.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, roversspud said:

Why? It's something that's different and makes the game interesting!

Good luck filling that shiny new stand in the Championship!

I'm sure we'll do ok when you visit.

Just a shame we won't get to play Toulouse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, dboy said:

Batley don't pretend to be a SL club in waiting.

So by your reckoning our pitch which as served us well for over 100 years isn't fit for SL ? But because Castleford have a flat pitch ( but garbage ground) they are ok ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dave T said:

As per my earlier post - I'm not saying that these are necessarily good plans, although it is an awful interview, with just a rambling response talking about really small details.

But what it shows is that they are way off the basic standard if this is the kind of thing they are saying they should spend money on.Ā 

The problem here isn't the system, it is the fact that it has got to this stage. It'd be great over time if those minimum standards rise but the principle here is that the presence of these standards are driving investment into facilities.

It's not really investment into improving facilities though, it's investment merely to tick boxes in a (paperwork) exercise

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It's not really investment into improving facilities though, it's investment merely to tick boxes in a (paperwork) exercise

Ultimately you have to play to the rules set, not what they ought to be.

I've not read the IMG info, but I'd hope that whatever is in it states the facilities have to actually exist, not just in a drawing.

Please view my photos.

Ā 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Ā 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Ā 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Maybe the way the Tigers guy explains it - and maybe that is the problem, not the system.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Maybe the way the Tigers guy explains it - and maybe that is the problem, not the system.

Also, Cas' Plan B is an investment in facilities: facilities for broadcasters/media, sponsors and high-value investors, as demanded by IMG to meet their remit to grow central revenues. Which is exactly why they came up with those stadium criteria.

Obviously in an ideal world Cas would have both: a fancy new stadium (or at least stand, like Wakey) and meet the IMG demands.

But the new stadium is still far from certain, so I'm not overly worried if they decide this is the best way forward. The state of the ground doesn't seem to put general fans off coming when Cas are doing well, when they can pull 10k+.

• Like 2

Just now, Toby Chopra said:

Also, Cas' Plan B is an investment in facilities: facilities for broadcasters/media, sponsors and high-value investors, as demanded by IMG to meet their remit to grow central revenues. Which is exactly why they came up with those stadium criteria.

Obviously in an ideal world Cas would have both: a fancy new stadium (or at least stand, like Wakey) and meet the IMG demands.

But the new stadium is still far from certain, so I'm not overly worried if they decide this is the best way forward. The state of the ground doesn't seem to put general fans off coming when Cas are doing well, when they can pull 10k+.

Indeed. I think the fact that people don't see these things as important is interesting. I don't think there would be the same level fo mocking in another similar sport.Ā 

That said, the Cas MD explains it all in such small-time terms that it makes it easy to be critical.Ā 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

So by your reckoning our pitch which as served us well for over 100 years isn't fit for SL ? But because Castleford have a flat pitch ( but garbage ground) they are ok ?

Absolutely not.

Their under 10s-sized pitch is an abomination.Ā 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Indeed. I think the fact that people don't see these things as important is interesting. I don't think there would be the same level fo mocking in another similar sport.Ā 

That said, the Cas MD explains it all in such small-time terms that it makes it easy to be critical.Ā 

See everything said about Kenilworth Road and Luton Town on social media prior to them joining the premier league. And Bournemouth, and even Brentford.

1 hour ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

A flat full size pitch should be standard for all teams.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Mine is that a slightly sloping pitch gives a more interesting game as teams try to work out how to play it.

Fortunately for us Rovers fans and Batley fans there is nothing in the regulations to say a pitch has to be level.

• Like 4

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

29 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

See everything said about Kenilworth Road and Luton Town on social media prior to them joining the premier league. And Bournemouth, and even Brentford.

My point was about people moaning about them improving things like corporate and media facilities, not just about facilities beibg pants.Ā 

59 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

This IMG is really smart thinking. I reckon the fact that stay away/ potentialĀ  fans will flock to the games knowing the directors have padded seats. I estimate it will put at least 1000 on the gate at Wakey

On the flipside, maybe they are just demanding the bare minimum expected nowadays.Ā 

Sticking a carpet/modern flooring in the lounges isn't gonna add thousands, but it should be done.Ā 

Are we really that lacking in standards in RL?Ā 

35 minutes ago, Dave T said:

On the flipside, maybe they are just demanding the bare minimum expected nowadays.Ā 

Sticking a carpet/modern flooring in the lounges isn't gonna add thousands, but it should be done.Ā 

Are we really that lacking in standards inĀ 

Some grounds.

Edited by Fevrover

1 hour ago, roversspud said:

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Mine is that a slightly sloping pitch gives a more interesting game as teams try to work out how to play it.

Fortunately for us Rovers fans and Batley fans there is nothing in the regulations to say a pitch has to be level.

A vertical pitch would be interesting. One team climbing up roped together, the other abseiling down.

• Haha 3

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Just now, Griff said:

A vertical pitch would be interesting. One team climbing up roped together, the other abseiling down.

That's what happens at Batley now.............it's great viewing!

• Like 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

11 hours ago, Expatknight said:

All this conjecture assumes Fev are going to get promoted this year, I wouldnā€™t bank on it, historically over the last few seasons they have failed at the final hurdle, as I have said previously it wouldnā€™t surprise me if The Broncos or Toulouse snatch it, or even Sheffield (god forbid) it ainā€™t over till the fat lady sings, as they say.

It only takes one game! šŸ«„