Sat 23rd-Sun 24th Sept: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

44 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

I'm a Bull and don't get all the baiting towards Keighley. Id rather they be in the Championship tbh.

I know Keighley are on a downer at the moment but it's a mark of respect for them that some Bradford fans are taking time out from their busy lives to stick the boot in. There was a time when the gulf between the clubs was so great that most Bradford fans wouldn't give Keighley a second thought. 

Looking from afar it seems that Keighley's owners have made some mistakes. I don't know how committed they are but if they're genuinely in it for the long haul, I hope they learn from the mistakes and come back stronger. 

Like you, I don't get it that some rugby league fans seem to delight in the misfortunes of other rugby league fans. 

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

I know Keighley are on a downer at the moment but it's a mark of respect for them that some Bradford fans are taking time out from their busy lives to stick the boot in. There was a time when the gulf between the clubs was so great that most Bradford fans wouldn't give Keighley a second thought. 

Looking from afar it seems that Keighley's owners have made some mistakes. I don't know how committed they are but if they're genuinely in it for the long haul, I hope they learn from the mistakes and come back stronger. 

Like you, I don't get it that some rugby league fans seem to delight in the misfortunes of other rugby league fans. 

Well put and i get the banter but no need to get nasty like a few of them have.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, northamptoncougar said:

Not happy, I've never seen a team relegated by that points difference but it's our own fault and we go again.

I did say I'd rather be relegated than have Nigel Wood as my clubs owner and I stand by that.

The Nigel Wood whos club has just finished 3rd in the Championship our highest finish for 8 years. Or a club playing in League 1 resulting in a C under IMG structure. Give me Nigel Wood anyday.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I don't get this general pleasure over Cougars' demise in relation to IMG. What exactly did they do wrong? Stand up for what they believed in? Sure, things got a bit mouthy, but there were just as big culprits on the other side too. Can't wait to see the faces of some of the baiters this time next year when their club makes the play-offs/wins the Grand Final etc and is denied promotion because Hull FC finished bottom / Wakey had an LED screen etc etc. This whole thrilling ending to the Championship this season is simply not going to happen any more, because there are going to be asterisks attached. As regards Cougars, it's entirely our own fault. Over-ambition, rash signing, rash departures, slow replacements, you name it, we did it. Disastrous. So what. Into League One we go. Cornwall here we come. etc. I'll be proud to stand there in Penryn knowing I support a proper bloody club with principles.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Cougarmaniac said:

I don't get this general pleasure over Cougars' demise in relation to IMG. What exactly did they do wrong? Stand up for what they believed in? Sure, things got a bit mouthy, but there were just as big culprits on the other side too. Can't wait to see the faces of some of the baiters this time next year when their club makes the play-offs/wins the Grand Final etc and is denied promotion because Hull FC finished bottom / Wakey had an LED screen etc etc. This whole thrilling ending to the Championship this season is simply not going to happen any more, because there are going to be asterisks attached. As regards Cougars, it's entirely our own fault. Over-ambition, rash signing, rash departures, slow replacements, you name it, we did it. Disastrous. So what. Into League One we go. Cornwall here we come. etc. I'll be proud to stand there in Penryn knowing I support a proper bloody club with principles.

Fair enough assessment and I am inclined to agree that the championship will be a lot poorer next year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, north yorks trinity said:

We might be playing on their pitch next year if we get promoted.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Well put and i get the banter but no need to get nasty like a few of them have.

Some fans are just weird and can't just have banter, Ive had it on the Fax board recently where I got abused for having Fev fans as friends. I dread to think what they will think of me when they find out I have Bulls fans as friends too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Some fans are just weird and can't just have banter, Ive had it on the Fax board recently where I got abused for having Fev fans as friends. I dread to think what they will think of me when they find out I have Bulls fans as friends too.

I love banter and I will defend my team but have apologised if I've been wrong. Sometimes it's best to agree to disagree. It's a GAME not life or death lol.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AB Knight said:

I think a few people are confused about Keighley’s points difference, they were relegated with -331 not -3, the -3 is how much worse off they were than Whitehaven (-328).

One extra try scored or saved at some point this year - fine margins indeed

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I try my best to avoid Warrington fans, living in the town does not help.   I believe pre-Spidey my wife was a Wire, I managed to convert her to the Vikings - not sure she's forgiven me on that one

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, OdsalBull said:

Did you go to the game at CP? and also they had a lot to say earlier on in the year so if you can give it you have to be prepared to take it

Exactly.  We copped plenty as soon as they signed Doyle.  There we going to do this and that.  Spending all the dosh, going to make the play offs going to finish as the top side in BD. 

If you are going to come out giving it the big un dont start crying if things go belly up and people give you some stick back 

Edited by Ragingbull

26 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Exactly.  We copped plenty as soon as they signed Doyle.  There we going to do this and that.  Spending all the dosh, going to make the play offs going to finish as the top side in BD. 

If you are going to come out giving it the big un dont start crying if things go belly up and people give you some stick back 

You must have been genuinely concerned it was a possibility, otherwise you'd have had a quiet chortle to yourself and moved on. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

The Nigel Wood whos club has just finished 3rd in the Championship our highest finish for 8 years. Or a club playing in League 1 resulting in a C under IMG structure. Give me Nigel Wood anyday.

Yup, the same Nigel Wood that destroyed Halifax, sold the sport for Pizza’s and yet walked off with 500k. 

I genuinely stick by that. I’m not a Keighley fan with Superleague dreams, I just want a solid community club, I can’t see Bradford being any better than that either. 

I think Bulls fans should give all the stick they want, I’d definitely be doing it the other way round. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, OdsalBull said:

Did you go to the game at CP? and also they had a lot to say earlier on in the year so if you can give it you have to be prepared to take it

Of course I went. They beat us had their day etc. Not got the fireworks out and cigars out cos our rivals have gone down.

They are not Leeds.

(Drops mic)

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I'm not a friend just yet.

• Haha 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

10 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

I don't think the history between the clubs started at Doyles signing.

You need to go way further back.

I think overall the Cougars have been on the receiving end of the banter far more than the Bulls.

Anyway you don't have to come to CP next year - so that will be a relief for you.