2024 Transfer Tracker

59 minutes ago, Coco said:

I think it's fantastic that Wakefield wildcats have a new owner who is willing to put a lot of money into the club.  If he does a Beaumont at Leigh Leoperds it's brilliant for the Wildcats and Super League.  Sounds encouraging. 

Do catch up with the name change back to Trinity its only been 3 years

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Talk of Richie Myler to York. Strange one for me. I know Hendo likes his utility players but we have players in all his positions. We need a few big lads in - especially if PP goes to Toulouse. 

Don't get that one really, as you say we have plenty of options in his positions, and I dread to think what his terms would be, money would be better spent in a couple of big powerful forwards, would we get a fee for PP from Toulouse as he is under contract?.

47 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Talk of Richie Myler to York. Strange one for me. I know Hendo likes his utility players but we have players in all his positions. We need a few big lads in - especially if PP goes to Toulouse. 

Now confirmed on a 1 year deal.

Some signing for York that.

• Like 5

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

54 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Great signing for York that, Richie probably would’ve been a back up player next year so it’s a good move for him.

Like ehat York sre foing im going to adopt them as my Champ team for next year will get to a few games over there I reckon

Good on year mate , watched leopards win at Wembley plus many good times at the village despite getting pumped, my favourite SL team

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

What's not to like , quality half or fullback at our level

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hopefully the new owner will do a Beaumont and rebrand the club name. 

are you high?

Even as someone who only properly committed to RL when Oxford came along in my very early thirties (I'm 42 now) I've known who Wakefield Trinity are all my life.

The whole reason the Wildcats was a pointless nonsense was that (and I'll stand by this one even with the current 'youth') they've got one of *the* iconic names in English sport.

Not a lot else for the past couple of decades, but they've got that.

I don't think these days the average person in the street would name them off the top of their heads, but I'd bet you'd still get a plurality of random public intercepts across England that *claimed* to have heard of them if presented with a list of sports teams*

*yes I do/have done research for a living, I'll now get my coat.

Edited by iffleyox
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

What's not to like , quality half or fullback at our level

Having read what Myler has said and Hendo too, it makes more sense that I initially thought, due to us losing a couple of old heads, he brings maturity and experience in pivotal positions, so a bit of a coup really, my only concern would be what he is costing, but I am sure the boss knows what the club can afford better than anyone else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rene_Artois said:

Great signing for York. As a Dons supporter I can't wait for next year. Massive step up but I think we're making the right signings

I've got everything crossed for Dons - I know someone there from years back so always keep an eye out. 

It's just my own personal opinion. After what Beaumont has done at Leigh, I have seen a lot to like with what he has done to the club, the brand and the publicity.  Living in London Leigh gets a lot of national press. It's brilliant what he has done.

I been following the new owner Ellis, and he has been making a lot of noise.  Would not have a problem he followed the Beaumont route.  Make a lot of signings / new nickname / a new brand / make good publicity.  Makes national press. 

4 minutes ago, Coco said:

It's just my own personal opinion. After what Beaumont has done at Leigh, I have seen a lot to like with what he has done to the club, the brand and the publicity.  Living in London Leigh gets a lot of national press. It's brilliant what he has done.

I been following the new owner Ellis, and he has been making a lot of noise.  Would not have a problem he followed the Beaumont route.  Make a lot of signings / new nickname / a new brand / make good publicity.  Makes national press. 

Different club, wouldn’t work in Wakefield. Leigh Centurions had a bit of baggage with the Leigh club being a yo yo club and never really pushing on. Ye rebrand was well timed (terribly executed) and was the right thing to do.

Wakefield Trinity was always the best name for the wakefield club bcause of its history.

Anyway it’s massively OT

• Like 2