The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

21 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Until they move to completely closed licensing like they did with the basketball, 4 years into a 10 year deal. 

You keep mentioning this, have you got any details on IMG's involvement in Basketball? it's a sport that I really couldn't care less about so know nothing about it.

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

You keep mentioning this, have you got any details on IMG's involvement in Basketball? it's a sport that I really couldn't care less about so know nothing about it.

Google it. Entered into a 10 year deal in 2015. Moved to closed licensing in 2019. Tried and failed to set up a London franchise in 2020. They have increased streaming revenue for the 'franchise' clubs.  

Edited by Roughyed Rats

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroLeague

IMG's involvement begins in 2015.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

31 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Until they move to completely closed licensing like they did with the basketball, 4 years into a 10 year deal. 

The top tier is not completely closed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_EuroLeague#Distribution

You might not like it but it is not closed.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The top tier is not completely closed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_EuroLeague#Distribution

You might not like it but it is not closed.

It's franchised and no route in from the lower leagues. Closed unless your offered a franchise / temporary license. 

Edited by Roughyed Rats

2 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

It's franchised and no route in from the lower leagues. Closed unless your offered a franchise / temporary license. 

Both finalists from the lower tier tournament below are invited.

• Haha 2

I don't like IMG but I really don't see them as an issue. IMG are only following the criteria that was made when Super League was formed. That was when the politically corrupted that run our sport, threw Featherstone out of the competition. 

The IMG criteria is an up grade from the one that Super League adopted. I believe this is an exciting time for Rugby League. I not interested in what happens in Super League  anymore. I am just happy a lot of clubs that are not part of their future can breakaway and go semi professional. 

They just need to align with a reformed BARLA, and the sport will survive and flourish on a semi professional level. The fans will return and families and friends will reunite. More and more children will follow the sport and participate in the game. BARLA will organise the whole game. Those that have knowledge about the game will govern our sport. 

I see this as a fantastic time for the sport. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Coco said:

I don't like IMG but I really don't see them as an issue. IMG are only following the criteria that was made when Super League was formed. That was when the politically corrupted that run our sport, threw Featherstone out of the competition. 

The IMG criteria is an up grade from the one that Super League adopted. I believe this is an exciting time for Rugby League. I not interested in what happens in Super League  anymore. I am just happy a lot of clubs that are not part of their future can breakaway and go semi professional. 

They just need to align with a reformed BARLA, and the sport will survive and flourish on a semi professional level. The fans will return and families and friends will reunite. More and more children will follow the sport and participate in the game. BARLA will organise the whole game. Those that have knowledge about the game will govern our sport. 

Cuting to the quick, aa couple of points you forgot to mention.

1. BARLA will end world poverty.

2. BARLA will cure all known disease.

3. Your mate Fileybulldog is no more.

• Haha 9

32 minutes ago, Coco said:

Bit early to be drinking 🙂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Coco said:

Please see my response to your other post on BARLA in another thread?

In many respects I agree with what you say. 

I'm not sure though, that just because you can see BARLA as a solution to the games problems that they will magically reform, pick up the gauntlet and quickly usher in a new dawn for Rugby League in Britain. I hope you are right. 

My point is that I believe (whether they will do it or not) that mobilising the amateur enthusiasts throughout the country to focus on development at every level, is our only hope of growing the game.

My question has been (for quite some time) why aren't they doing it already? I believe it was the humiliation of being told they aren't the rightful administrative body (by the Sports Council) and since then, they've downed tools and said ''see how you get on without us!''.

I'm pleading with them, to bury the hatchet, get back to where the game once was with everyone pulling in the same direction. Bring back the pride in and love of the greatest game. 

Let the circus take care of itself and let's look after the ''sport'' for its own sake. 

Edited by fighting irish

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

Cuting to the quick, aa couple of points you forgot to mention.

1. BARLA will end world poverty.

2. BARLA will cure all known disease.

3. Your mate Fileybulldog is no more.

To be fair, Coco, I should have added that there may well be an opportunity for the lower league semi-pro and amateur clubs to develop their segments but I don't see it as a a breakaway or a cure-all.  There has to be a balance between SuperLeague fuelling the ambition and aspiration of amateur players and the  steady-state condition of the amateur game.

Edited by JohnM

7 hours ago, Coco said:

Politically corrupt? Can you substantiate that libel?

If only Featherstone had won more games...

Edited by Griff

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

21 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Google it. Entered into a 10 year deal in 2015. Moved to closed licensing in 2019. Tried and failed to set up a London franchise in 2020. They have increased streaming revenue for the 'franchise' clubs.  

There is a London franchise called London Lions who I believe play out of the Copper Box.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

22 minutes ago, Black Country Wire said:

There is a London franchise called London Lions who I believe play out of the Copper Box.

They play in the British Basketball League. Here's a list of teams in the Euroleague:

https://www.euroleaguebasketball.net/euroleague/teams/

Here's an article covering when they put a tender out for a London Franchise in 2020:

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/euroleague-basketball-o2-arena-london-franchise-investment/

Edited by Roughyed Rats

12 hours ago, dboy said:

Wakey looking good on the fandom/utilisation/finances front - they have sold over 2250 season tickets in 24 hours!

The positivity and excitement is refreshing to say the least.

Are these the season tickets at £100 with 2 free child tickets?  So is that 5000 attendance garaunteed for next season or 1000 tickets sold plus the free child places requested by the purchasers?

Here we go again .....

19 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

Are these the season tickets at £100 with 2 free child tickets?  So is that 5000 attendance garaunteed for next season or 1000 tickets sold plus the free child places requested by the purchasers?

No, season ticket holders have to actually turn up (in theory at least) to be counted for IMG purposes 

26 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

Not sure it really matters in context of next year's grading. Wakefield won't be pushing their average attendance above 7500 over three years, and it would probably need the stadium to be empty every game to see their 3 year average drop below 3000. So it's the ideal time for them to do this. Key will be to convert them into full paying season ticket holders.

Their utilisation may take a slight hit, as they have a higher capacity next season, but given it's averaged over three years I doubt it would be anything more than 0.1

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

They play in the British Basketball League. Here's a list of teams in the Euroleague:

https://www.euroleaguebasketball.net/euroleague/teams/

Here's an article covering when they put a tender out for a London Franchise in 2020:

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/euroleague-basketball-o2-arena-london-franchise-investment/

Sorry, I thought it was the BBL you were talking about.

My mistake.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

43 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

I expect that the kids ones are included, but most of the tickets sold are at at least the £150 value (East Stand).

I think the strategy is one of building a really solid fan base, ready for the hoped for return to SL next year.

If the kids turn up, to a nice stadium (stand at least), and watch a (mostly), winning team, next year becomes a little easier to sell.

14 hours ago, dboy said:

Wakey looking good on the fandom/utilisation/finances front - they have sold over 2250 season tickets in 24 hours!

The positivity and excitement is refreshing to say the least.

Wakefield fans have come out of the woodwork as they might win more then 7 games next season. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

Wakefield fans have come out of the woodwork as they might win more then 7 games next season. 

Yes, we know we won't have it all our own way, but it will be lovely.

It's easy being a fan of a "successful" club.

Those who have stuck with Wakey through thick and thin are true fans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phiggins said:

Key will be to convert them into full paying season ticket holders.

Nothing wrong with that idea, but we have seen this tried before.  Didn't Huddersfield try this over a few years and it made not one jot of difference other than to increase Mr Davys financial committment in the years of cheap season tickets

Here we go again .....