Fev player wages

3 hours ago, Griff said:

We've been told that Fev are self sufficient.

Sounds a bit hollow at the moment.

Hmm, is any RL club self sufficient? Normally this means with a guaranteed backer underwriting reasonable losses.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Hmm, is any RL club self sufficient? Normally this means with a guaranteed backer underwriting reasonable losses.

Leeds.

Covid years excepted.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Just now, Griff said:

Leeds.

Covid years excepted.

OK. Any others?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

There's a few blokes involved, including Campbell - though he is stepping back his funding for next year iirc.

Fev are probably going to settle into a Batley style rhythm going forwards I think, which is pretty understandable and more sustainable.

Yeah we tried and failed but just have to get on with it now,at least no pressure next season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

Regular crowd problems and now financial issues. Fev need to work on getting their house in order if they genuinely want to compete in Super League

Definitely got to get our house in order we all know that but SL ? Forget it there's more chance of platting fog despite what some others say.

1 hour ago, Tre Cool said:

Who's the money man behind Fev?  I assume can't be Mark Campbell looking at his recent businesses.  If they don't have a wealthy owner they should be more like Batley surely not pushing for promotion every year?

Is that the criteria for trying for promotion? Campbell has put a lot in over the years, There are several sponsors, the owner of one puts in a reasonable amount. The club also makes a decent amount from utilizing the facilities in various ways.

Campbell and the major sponsor has said they are reducing funding now promotion isn't possible, we'll also lose money from reduced fans due to having little to play for but the budget is still around 500k which is more than enough to compete in the Championship. Hopefully, that passes the test for us to try and finish higher than Batley next year.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

I also hope it's not that serious. I had the same thought with Bradford Bulls and look what happened.  Loved watching the derby between Bradford and Leeds.  Still can't believe what happened with them, and how long it has taken them to return back to Super League.  Real disappointment.  

I'm not privy to that. But I do know they sponsor Leeds Rhinos and Northampton CC, and are also an international company. Fev usually get told we don't attract International businesses to the club. I make that 3 businesses sponsoring Fev. Bartercard is the front logo on the new shirt.

3 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Is that the criteria for trying for promotion? Campbell has put a lot in over the years, There are several sponsors, the owner of one puts in a reasonable amount. The club also makes a decent amount from utilizing the facilities in various ways.

Campbell and the major sponsor has said they are reducing funding now promotion isn't possible, we'll also lose money from reduced fans due to having little to play for but the budget is still around 500k which is more than enough to compete in the Championship. Hopefully, that passes the test for us to try and finish higher than Batley next year.

With half a million to spend it should guarantee you at least equal 3rd like the last 2 years

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

The money / investment all seems super vague to me and Campbell's businesses look appalling on credit check sites.  I'd be worried if I was a Fev fan about where this money's been coming from and how much debt you might be in unless you know differently.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wasginger said:

I think this has become a none story now, seeing as Fev have got a new sponsor on board.

Arkans Barbers, Station Lane?  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

51 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Are you suggesting that Fev aren’t receiving any money for their new main shirt sponsors?.

Yes

They didn't pay when they sponsored the Bulls or London.

They give you access to Trade Exchange and you can barter with members.

• Like 1