Tonight's Fans Forum

thecrab

Well what a night! Tonight just topped all of the pre-season activity and signings with positivity, transparency, clear ambition and direction from a board who are professional, knowledgeable and driven to get us back where we should be.

We are blessed to have these people running our club and I cant be any happier after hearing what they had to say and the plans for the future.

The simple things like providing the players kit for preseason, making merchandise available for xmas, early season ticket pricing show their attention to detail.

This is the complete opposite to where we were 12 months ago under the previous stewardship.

We're back!! ....and its up to everyone on here to spread the gospel, the Hamilton lost generation is over, dead and buried, we now have new owners and we are going back to where we belong 🔴⚪

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

If there is a video made of the latest meeting, can someone again share it on here or provide a link? Thank you.

The 'Sheddings diaspora would be appreciative!

It was definitely being videoed so assume it will be on the club’s youtube channel shortly.

• Thanks 1

I thought SL's comments were that he was honest with the players from the start and we would be DR with Wigan.  With a squad of 29 and a small fixture list I doubt we'll need it too certainly not reliant on it like we have been in the past.

• Like 2

A few points on fixtures from last night.

It’s looking as though the the league structure will be League 1, playing all teams home and away (including Newcastle) plus some loop fixtures. There’ll be an extended 1895 Cup too where we’ll play a top end Championship club at home early in the season. Less empty weekends.

We’re playing a Boxing Day fixture away at Keighley.

Law Cup as usual, away at Rochdale, where hopefully fans can be better accommodated.

Although not confirmed, it was alluded to that we may be playing a Super League team in a pre season fixture.

And yes, DR with Wigan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The room was packed last night, and some were having to stand at the back. The players had met up before the forum. All turned out in their new smart polo shirts. 

Elijah Taylor spoke eloquently   He said the players had met up, had a meal, had a good chat, got given their kit bags with all their gear in it. To have all this before training starts says much about how the club is presenting itself. When the photo of the players sat there last night is on the website you will see how smart they looked. 

Bill Quinn said club sponsorship was up 7 fold on last year. 

• Like 8

Talking of transparency, the board are trying to keep fans updated with all events the chairman told me at the end. I was amazed that while I was waiting to speak to him I heard him say to several people including myself thank you for your support, how refreshing it is to see not only engagement but a real sense that the fans matter to the club, I tried to speak to CH previously to be told I’m not interested and turned his back on us.I for the first time in many years really feel this club is only going one way with this board of genuine people, we need to make sure we as fans back them with bums on seats this season, love the new catch phrase Together stronger. 

• Like 5

I myself have been a stay away since around 2010 due to a family loss and loss of love for the game, NOT oldham as i watched the results from afar and I was there last night. The squad looks both big in size of numbers and physique. Taylor must be THE best signing in recent years with his pedigree and I will be looking to be there next year. Sean Long as head coach is also a statement of intent with his track record. I have that buzz again for Oldham after many years and will be looking to buy a replica shirt too for xmas ready for the new season. BP is a 30 min walk away for me so easier to get to than Whitebank. i always said how can you run a business/club with just 1 man, now we have a board that wants the best for Oldham going forward. There will be bumps in the road, bad performances, losses etc but the goal is to get out of L1 and stabilize as a championship side and move forward.

Up the Yeds!!

• Like 8

O.R.L.F.C FOREVER!!

Having been ill for a number of months, and not been able to attend matches. The openness from the club since the takeover is a massive plus. The thing I feel is a massive step forward is the town team. 

I hope to attend boundary park in 2024. Its been ages since I was genuinely excited about rugby

• Like 4

18 hours ago, clifford said:

Having been ill for a number of months, and not been able to attend matches. The openness from the club since the takeover is a massive plus. The thing I feel is a massive step forward is the town team. 

I hope to attend boundary park in 2024. Its been ages since I was genuinely excited about rugby

Hope your health will allow you to attend games again in the new season… no doubt helped by the positive happenings at the club. Rugby League needs all the fans it can get, and particularly long standing fans like yourself.

Look forward to taking your money and league points off you at the Crown ‘Royal’.

18 hours ago, clifford said:

The guys running it now will give you something to get excited about. The open nature of the board is something oldham fans deserve after years of being cut off.

Hope your feeling better mate 👍

Edited by moorside roughyed
  • Like 1