Wigan v Penrith World Club challenge at the JJB

9 minutes ago, yanto said:

Padge.

Thanks for the tips for bars.

In the Swan and Railway. 

If this is one of the "better" pubs bring on the rest 🤣

Joking mate but the customers are all staring into their pints like the world is going to end. 

Great to " back up north"

Maybe realism is breaking out ! This is the toughest game Wigan have had to face in decades.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, WN83 said:

Disappointed that James Graham, who is usually one for pushing the Superleague and the British game failed to acknowledge this game is even taking place in his weekly podcast. If it matters that little over there that even Graham doesn’t feel compelled to mention it, then they value it less than even I realised. 

Maybe it's because it's Wigan not St H.

2 hours ago, yanto said:

Padge.

In the Swan and Railway. 

Joking mate but the customers are all staring into their pints like the world is going to end. 

Owned by a couple of Leigh fans, no less 👍 

1 hour ago, Welshleaguelover said:

Anyone know if you can print tickets at the ground?

I've got a ticket but don't have a printer. Should have got an e-ticket in hindsight.

Just scan it on your phone

3 hours ago, yanto said:

Padge.

In the Swan and Railway. 

Landlord is a Leigh supporter, they'll all be avoiding eye contact with him so he doesn't start telling them how Leigh are going to win everything.

Did you go in the rugby room at the back? Syd Abram lounge.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Welshleaguelover said:

It's just an ordinary bardcode rather than a QR code. That still work?

Yeah it’ll still scan

53 minutes ago, Padge said:

Landlord is a Leigh supporter, they'll all be avoiding eye contact with him so he doesn't start telling them how Leigh are going to win everything.

Did you go in the rugby room at the back? Syd Abram lounge.

I’ll inform Iain of this thread when I nip in for a pint before the game tomorrow 😂 

A game that I’m really looking forward to now, if for no reason other than it’ll be under more recognisable rules than the current Super League farce. Never thought I’d say that about a Wigan game!

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Yeah it’ll still scan

I’ll inform Iain of this thread when I nip in for a pint before the game tomorrow 😂 

A game that I’m really looking forward to now, if for no reason other than it’ll be under more recognisable rules than the current Super League farce. Never thought I’d say that about a Wigan game!

I know Ian and Shelley very well, in fact I'll be in there after the game, I go in at least once a week.

• Like 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Should be interesting, same as the one that stopped Hull scoring first half.

Just now, Padge said:

I know Ian and Shelley very well, in fact I'll be in there after the game, I go in at least once a week.

See you after the game. I’ll be the one lying on the floor as the day starts at 10am in Blackpool 😂 

• Haha 2

I normally defend refs to the hilt, but sorry this is turning into a mess, the same thing happened, worse as it was direct contact, to Hull first half.

This mess needs sorting out, and sorting out quick.

I am so pumped up for this game! I just punched the air and shouted, "c'mon Wigan!" at work. Luckily there was no one around! Never thought I'd be cheering for Wigan in my life. 😂

This is gonna be an immense spectacle. Two of the best teams in the world facing off in a sold out stadium with a blistering atmosphere all on Saturday night prime-time BBC TV! This is the greatest RL has to offer, what a showcase for our sport this is gonna be! C'mon Wigan, do the SL proud! God our sport is great!! 😁

• Like 2

I think Panthers will be too strong  hopefully Wigan can keep it competitive and not end up on the wrong end of a blow out. As that would crush all the positivity for SL from last years result. To be fair to Wigan this current team/squad are the strongest in SL for me I think Walters and Thompson are going to be big misses. 

11 hours ago, Padge said:

I normally defend refs to the hilt, but sorry this is turning into a mess, the same thing happened, worse as it was direct contact, to Hull first half.

This mess needs sorting out, and sorting out quick.

You posting on the wrong thread? 🤭

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

I think Panthers will be too strong  hopefully Wigan can keep it competitive and not end up on the wrong end of a blow out. As that would crush all the positivity for SL from last years result. To be fair to Wigan this current team/squad are the strongest in SL for me I think Walters and Thompson are going to be big misses. 

Walters IMO is a bigger miss than Thompson. The lad has some serious fire in his belly and is the type of player you want on the park against any Aussie team. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

Appreciate this might be a long shot, but does anyone know of any resale/spare tickets going for this one? Needing two - only decided at the last minute so I'm a bit late to the party I appreciate!

A single ticket - I don't know if that's any good for you, if still available.

4 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Sorry it has gone.

Need to pop it on the thread.

3 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

It'd have to be two I'm afraid, got a mate planning to watch the game too (plan is to watch on TV currently but hoping to snag a couple of last minute tickets).

Appreciate the reply all the same though genuinely.

A very high quality game which was nice given how poor the skill levels at SL have been so far. A couple of decisions that may have resulted in cards under the new interpretations but nice to see a game reffed with common sense in mind. They may need a mop and bucket to wipe up the Saints fans tears that had been spilt after the final hooter though.