Championship Final League Position Predictions

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

League table in the OP looks about right.

It would be a typically Fev thing to do to go and win the play offs this year, now that promotion isn't available.

How ironic that would be should it happen David.

Is my mind playing tricks but didn't you once say that if promotion through on the field endeavours was no longer available to your team that you would be turning your back on the game?

For my curiosity, could you please say in your opinion what is the feeling in and about town that your team no matter how well Fev perform this coming season you will not be promoted. Taking it to the ultimate, if you happened to play your near neighbour's in the GF and you were victorious but they got 'elevated' to SL - in that circumstance I will not use the word promoted, how would you expect that to be viewed locally?

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

How ironic that would be should it happen David.

Is my mind playing tricks but didn't you once say that if promotion through on the field endeavours was no longer available to your team that you would be turning your back on the game?

For my curiosity, could you please say in your opinion what is the feeling in and about town that your team no matter how well Fev perform this coming season you will not be promoted. Taking it to the ultimate, if you happened to play your near neighbour's in the GF and you were victorious but they got 'elevated' to SL - in that circumstance I will not use the word promoted, how would you expect that to be viewed locally?

I probably have thought that at points Harry.  I do broadly support the grading system though, as long as it's done transparently.  Something needed to be done to arrest the decline of RL, I'm willing to give it a few years before passing judgement. I think we all know that 15th "best" club is about the right place for us.

Can't speak for the town (I'm a Ponte lad anyway), but the lads I stand with all know deep down that we're not a Super League club and aren't likely to be unless one of us wins the Euromillions. MC has done some good things at Fev, but he's not mega wealthy and some of his decisions have been baffling to say the least.

Certainly among my group, we're looking forward to a few seasons under the radar. Supporting Fev has felt like a chore for the last few years. Some games where the result is in doubt and some underdog wins will be nice. A season similar to 2019 will be very enjoyable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Not sure Trinity will win at a canter, with expectation comes a certain pressure, we will slip up. At the end of the day though, Ellis can afford to rectify any problems, certainly at Championship level, where your money goes a long way. 

Aye the circumstance of "spreadsheet" rugby completely alters the requirement of a squad gathered to finish at the top of the Championship, previously and as proven on more than one occasion would not be good enough to go into and compete in SL, what was required was a team with the nucleus of being prepared and capable of competing at SL level along a few additions is no longer needed, London will not only go downto the Championship this next season because of the lack of that preparation but will also be demoted because of the spreadsheet, if one or even two clubs get elevated to SL for '25 on field performance in SL will be the least of their priorities to maintain SL status.

On 13/12/2023 at 12:41, Kirmonds pouch said:

What a silly comment even by the standards of this forum.

Powell cut his teeth in the Championship, so where is the SHOCK?

The current Wakefield squad are not SL/NRL superstars, many were either in the Championship last year or banging around the second tier of Aussie RL, where not all grounds are lile Stadium Australia. Also as someone who has lived in NSW I can tell you that those pitches are muddy and uneven and SHOCK OF SHOCKS it does rain and it does get cold. So where is the SHOCK?

Even those who were with us last year were training with the worst funded team in SL history, who were playing from a stadium out of the Ark. Hardly pampered superstars. So where is the SHOCK?

We also train pre-season outdoors from November to Feb, often utilising rough playing fields for the express purpose of acclimatising for the coming season. So where is the SHOCK?

We have played umpteen friendlies at Fev in the last twenty years and lost most of them, we know the score. So where is the SHOCK?

This idea that Trinity are city big shots slumming it for a season is utter nonsense, and those who think we are, are in for big SHOCK.  We now have money, and far better facilities, but we are not a team full of pampered players. We were the underdogs of SL for over twenty years, I doubt that experience has disappeared overnight, do you? 

Calm down Karen. For a moment there I thought we were on an internet forum for sharing RL opinions.

For a start I never mentioned Powell.

The general consensus on here is that Wakefield will walk it at a canter So I’m struggling to see why it’s a silly comment.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Of course no ever makes predictions ever. Nostradamus what a fool. 

It would seem that no matter where London or Wakefield finish wakey will go up and London will go down. That’s img for ya

• Like 3

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

SL will go to 14 teams in 2025 and the rest will go into a one league is my prediction. No idea how the league would work outside SL.

Not a chance that current SL clubs vote for a reduction in their funding which is what they would be doing. The game is more likely to go to 10 teams in the top flight before it expands to 14.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not a chance that current SL clubs vote for a reduction in their funding which is what they would be doing. The game is more likely to go to 10 teams in the top flight before it expands to 14.

The only caveat to that is, 14 clubs with no loop fixtures removes the possibility of 4 trips to France of Toulouse are in the top 12. 

• 2 months later...
On 06/12/2023 at 14:30, Mumby Magic said:

Wakefield 

Toulouse

Bradford

Featherstone 

Halifax 

Sheffield

Doncaster 

Batley

York

Barrow

Widnes

Swinton

Whitehaven 

Dewsbury

Not easy tbh and I'll be miles away. Cue laugh emoji from Gav Wilson and Blue Ox.

In short. 

I can't see Dewsbury staying up.

I feel Widnes could bd a dark horse for relegation.

I think Wakefield possibly aren't as strong as Fev have been. 

Us. Mmmmm. Dunno tbh. A majority of our side that took us to third have  remained. I'll work out an average of our predictions at some stage soon to see if us TRLers are experts or a load of hot air.

I still don't think I'm too far off. Donny too high and Widnes too low.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

31 minutes ago, dkw said:

Going on the 2 games Town have played against them Haven are dead certs for last in that league.

Or Workington are going to win League 1. 

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

57 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Or Workington are going to win League 1. 

Would love that, but no we aren't. We're fighting for places behind Oldham. 

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Would love that, but no we aren't. We're fighting for places behind Oldham. 

They really aren't very good. Totally unfit, overrated and the coach will probably get sacked mid season cos he's clueless as as been shown everywhere else he's been. 

Some of the Oldham fans are completely deluded.

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

5 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

They really aren't very good. Totally unfit, overrated and the coach will probably get sacked mid season cos he's clueless as as been shown everywhere else he's been. 

Without trying to get into an argument you really don’t know anything about what’s happening at Oldham. All Oldham are aiming for is promotion. No one has said anything going unbeaten at the club. A few over excited fans have said it.  The coach wont be sacked. 
York were very good yesterday and have built a good consistency over a few years adding just a few new players. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 04/03/2024 at 12:22, Simon Hall said:

Tbh, it's not just Oldham fans, it's fans of other teams and the bookies. We beat Halifax and Barrow in competitive matches. Drew with a full London team in a friendly. And beat Keighley, arguably our nearest rivals, again in a friendly. Lost to Swinton and York and suddenly we are deluded, not that good and unfit!!!? For the first time in a quarter of a century we have hope and we're not going to give that up.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 2

On 04/03/2024 at 08:21, dkw said:

Going on the 2 games Town have played against them Haven are dead certs for last in that league.

The same Haven that was pretty unlucky to draw away at Widnes? Widnes, Whitehaven, Barrow, Swinton & Dewsbury fighting it out at the bottom but I wouldn't have Haven as favourites for bottom place.