2024 attendance thread

Widnes v Doncaster, att. 788. Probably due to £22 adult admittance, cold weather and last week's performance. 

Whether the CEO hates rugby league this week is anyone's guess. 

Poss 55 Donny fans. Went quiet late in first half.

Just now, doc said:

Widnes v Doncaster, att. 788. Probably due to £22 adult admittance, cold weather and last week's performance. 

Possibly the lowest crowd at Widnes for a competitive game. Sad state of affairs. 

36 minutes ago, doc said:

It has to be difficult to attract fans for lower tier Rugby at those prices (yes I know its the Challenge Cup).

1 hour ago, doc said:

That is absolutely terrible, must be their lowest first team crowd ever, by a considerable margin. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Reminds me of the old ground chorley used to play at in the early 00s. Used to enjoy sitting on the grass verge along the touchline.

Was that at Chorley FC’s ground, Victory Park?

25 minutes ago, doc said:

We normally get three figures crowds for Challenge Cup games against amateur clubs. 

So, not good at all.

Usually 4 figures, read on twitter three sub 1000 crowds before, with two of them at Runcorn when the stadium was being developed 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, doc said:

Sad to hear that. Out of interest, would you get a seat for the £22? Guessing so if the ground was that empty but you never know. In the current climate, that price will be a barrier for many. Even if you have the cash, the thought that it might be so empty and flat is off-putting. As in, I'd pay that for some average sports fixtures, but only if I thought there'd be an atmosphere worth being part of.

2 minutes ago, N2022 said:

Sad to hear that. Out of interest, would you get a seat for the £22? 

It's an all seater stadium, so yes.

The crowd for the challenge cup game against wests warriors last year was only about 100 higher and they brought quite a good following up from London so I think the number of people staying away in protest against Chris Hamilton is a bit overstated. First game I've missed in quite a while - in California on business.

On 11/02/2024 at 17:35, Snowys Backside said:

Your quite right although the South Stand is open to fill for every away side. Looks like we have already been told to ‘have it’. 

Lovely little ground in Dewsbury that is just about big enough for Huddersfield and a good 1500 away fans to boot 😉 Leave the stadium to the footie side that can fill more than a stand  

Safe Journey. Derek has opened a soundproof block for the geezer with the cowbell. 

Up the Barracudas 👍

We'd be more than happy to leave the stadium to the football club and have our own smaller stadium.

It's not even a point worth trying to poke Huddersfield with as we all know it's true.

There isn't a geezer with a cowbell, there's a few people with cowbells, some are even female, I know that won't go down well with some of the older, traditional Leythers 🙂

I hope there's a good crowd to see the big pussycats mauled 😉

Edited by meast
  • Haha 1

Unbelievably I can't purchase tickets for the Hull Derby.

As a university coach down south I was looking to bring 6 students up to Hull to witness their first ever game but because I've never bought a Hull FC ticket in the past I can't purchase for this game even though it's not sold out.

On the other hand you've Pearson complaining about the lack of monies whilst literally turning cash away.

Only in RL - what a complete joke.

5 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

As a university coach down south I was looking to bring 6 students up to Hull to witness their first ever game but because I've never bought a Hull FC ticket in the past I can't purchase for this game even though it's not sold out.

On the other hand you've Pearson complaining about the lack of monies whilst literally turning cash away.

Could this be down to the type of game it is and the potential for trouble?

With supporters of both sides likely to share the same postcodes, it'd be difficult to stop Hull KR fans buying in the home ends through general sale. Just a thought. 

Based on where you are and what you do, I would contact their ticket office and explain.

On 07/02/2024 at 16:14, Snowys Backside said:

North Stand apparently already sold out at Leigh.

Hoping the Giants bring 2000 and not 200 !!

In total, I dont think them numbers will be far off.

I presume you're being silly but on what basis would you think Huddersfield would bring 2,000 away fans? we haven't took those kind of numbers to an away game for a few years now and Leigh on a Friday in February will certainly not whet any non attending fans appetite.

I'll be happy with 200, it'll be an improvement on the last time we were there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, daz39 said:

I presume you're being silly but on what basis would you think Huddersfield would bring 2,000 away fans? we haven't took those kind of numbers to an away game for a few years now and Leigh on a Friday in February will certainly not whet any non attending fans appetite.

I'll be happy with 200, it'll be an improvement on the last time we were there.

Of course I’m being silly but a Town 3 times the size of little Leigh and less than an hour away should easily take over 1000 fans ?

It something the club should achieve and look to do so quickly. 

Safe journey and I’m sure it will be a great game 👏

11 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Of course I’m being silly but a Town 3 times the size of little Leigh and less than an hour away should easily take over 1000 fans ?

It something the club should achieve and look to do so quickly. 

Safe journey and I’m sure it will be a great game 👏

Jeez with that theory i'd love to see how many you reckon London should be taking!.

Can i ask apart from using the town's population what are you basis the fact we should be 'easily taking over 1,000 fans' on considering we've never historically had that level of away support?

I presume your just fishing for bites or do you really think everyone who lives in Huddersfield is a Giants supporter?

Edited by daz39

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Jeez with that theory i'd love to see how many you reckon London should be taking!.

Can i ask apart from using the town's population what are you basis the fact we should be 'easily taking over 1,000 fans' on considering we've never historically had that level of away support?

I presume your just fishing for bites or do you really think everyone who lives in Huddersfield is a Giants supporter?

I think you may be a little more ‘established’ than most clubs 😉

I don’t do theories, but I remember a good few thousand packing into Fartown many a time !  

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

I think you may be a little more ‘established’ than most clubs 😉

I don’t do theories, but I remember a good few thousand packing into Fartown many a time !  

what over 60 years ago?  We've never regularly taken 1,000's on away trips and never will, absolutely we will ever do that for Leigh away in February.

On 13/02/2024 at 15:42, northamptoncougar said:

Get on twitter about it mate. Kick up a bit of a fuss.

And when you eventually get your tickets you can tell the students to get behind Rovers 😂

Edited by Welshleaguelover
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/02/2024 at 15:59, northamptoncougar said:

I contacted them and as it states someone who's been to a game before can buy any number of tickets but no neutrals can.

If someone wanted to cause issues this plan of Hull's is hardly full proof, I'm genuinely shocked that they're turning people away.

It’s a very common safety tactic in football which I’m sure isn’t coincidental given the extra focus from the stadium and police after the trouble last year. Still, I’d have thought they could approach things on a case by case basis in instances such as yours. 

On 06/02/2024 at 22:37, The 4 of Us said:
Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers - 20,000
Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils 13,000
Leigh Leopards v Huddersfield Giants 8,000
St Helens v London Broncos 11,000
Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors 9000
Catalans DragonsWarrington Wolves 12,000 

?

Any updates on these for expected numbers? Hull derby figures seem to have gone quiet since 17,500 announced. What is the capacity at the Jungle nowadays? if 8,000 is the lowest figure that would be a good start.