2024 attendance thread

18 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Looking at the availability on the ticket site compared to games last year, I reckon about 6k sold so far which is what we got for the fixture against Hudds last year and tickets only went on general sale today. 8k should hopefully be doable.

I think 8k is a definite looking at the Website.

A great start to the SL season in regards to attendances all round it seems.

4 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Where did you get the figure on 1800 capacity from? Having been in that stand for the CC game last year i don't see how that stand can possibly hold 1800

Off an online brochure that breaks down the capacities of all four sides of the stadium  I'll try and find it again. 

• Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

28 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Off an online brochure that breaks down the capacities of all four sides of the stadium  I'll try and find it again. 

Would be interesting to see if that is the case. From my visit there, it's very much a stadium along the same lines as Salford's ,with a big/nice main stand and 3 basic/small sheds, except smaller (8.5k total capacity). The south stand did seem slightly bigger than the North which was the smallest stand, but I'd be surprised if it was any bigger than 1.3k especially when you factor in the -10% on capacity for unreserved seating.

4 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Would be interesting to see if that is the case. From my visit there, it's very much a stadium along the same lines as Salford's ,with a big/nice main stand and 3 basic/small sheds, except smaller (8.5k total capacity). The south stand did seem slightly bigger than the North which was the smallest stand, but I'd be surprised if it was any bigger than 1.3k especially when you factor in the -10% on capacity for unreserved seating.

I think you’d be surprised, from memory (during a boring match) the North Stand is just 7 rows and the South Stand more than double the size at 15 rows. I recall the East Stand capacity is 3500. Not sure of the other stands capacities but I’d say 1800 sounds right for South, 900 for North and 2300 for West.

For the nerds amongst us, the capacity was meant to be 8005 but it’s 8500, they look to have put seats where stairs were meant to be, it’s quite bizarre coming out of the concourse, turning left and finding the stairs only go about 7 rows, so you then have to walk back down the stairs and up the other side, neither club is ever likely to challenge the capacity on a regular basis so it’s odd them doing this.

Edited by AB Knight
  • Thanks 1

Hull FC confirmed on Tuesday that over 17,500 tickets have been sold for the Super League opener against Hull KR next week. It is set to be Super League's biggest opening night attendance in 17 years

I looked it up, it was Wigan vs Warrington in 2007 which had 21,693 in attendance.

Should they somehow top this attendance, how far then do we have to go back to get the next highest?  Anyone know?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, langpark said:

Hull FC confirmed on Tuesday that over 17,500 tickets have been sold for the Super League opener against Hull KR next week. It is set to be Super League's biggest opening night attendance in 17 years

I looked it up, it was Wigan vs Warrington in 2007 which had 21,693 in attendance.

Should they somehow top this attendance, how far then do we have to go back to get the next highest?  Anyone know?

Leeds had 19,000ish in 2019 though that was a double header with Toronto.

On 06/02/2024 at 22:37, The 4 of Us said:
Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers - 20,000
Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils 13,000
Leigh Leopards v Huddersfield Giants 8,000
St Helens v London Broncos 11,000
Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors 9000
Catalans DragonsWarrington Wolves 12,000 

?

Just a shame then that some clubs have already stated that they won't be announcing their attendances this season, as is already the case with Hull KR.

Makes zero sense to me, and it's very annoying, me being a stats nerd !!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Looks like around 11,500 to 12,000 have been sold at Headingley so far for the first game. Not sure what sort of turn up to expect from Salford, can imagine it's hard to summon up too much enthusiasm at the moment.

49 minutes ago, M j M said:

Looks like around 11,500 to 12,000 have been sold at Headingley so far for the first game. Not sure what sort of turn up to expect from Salford, can imagine it's hard to summon up too much enthusiasm at the moment.

Salford seem to be one of the few clubs who are currently down on ST numbers from what i've seen on their pages. Can't say i overly blame the fans either. I'd be pretty downbeat going into this year if i was a Salford fan.

6 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

Just a shame then that some clubs have already stated that they won't be announcing their attendances this season, as is already the case with Hull KR.

Makes zero sense to me, and it's very annoying, me being a stats nerd !!!

who has announced this?

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Broncos 2900 v Dragons so far looking at 7/9000 v Wolves St Patricks day taking 80 clients myself for VIP:)

If it is anywhere near 2900 for us V Dragons, then TBH, that would be a pretty decent attendance for us. 

I am planning on travelling over to Wimbledon for it as well. I actually found out my dad bought a ST and it arrived in the post earlier this week. He bought it as he worked out with the 30% discount for SL + it would be worth it for the amount of games he was going to anyway. (He was planning on going to most matches, but knew he would miss some so thought it would be cheaper to just buy on the gate rather than a ST)

1 hour ago, meast said:

We haven't got any fans, how can we sell them to people who don't exist 😀

Oh, ok then. 

I will do my bit and double the away end, and getting my mate who lives on Arlington way to get three seats to put some money in Degseys coffers then 😂😂

Jokingly apart, may the best team win!

28 minutes ago, langpark said:

The stand at Sheffield looked packed today. Newcastle, I imagine will hardly be their biggest fixture of the season wither. So is there anywhere that fans can go once that stand is full?

The overflow to the stand is basically standing at the perimeter fence like when at amateur clubs. They're planning that new stadium with Sheffield FC though that will be 5k capacity

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

The overflow to the stand is basically standing at the perimeter fence like when at amateur clubs. They're planning that new stadium with Sheffield FC though that will be 5k capacity

Tbf it’s a bit better than that Rob as there is sizeable banking along one touchline and at one end, both of which give a great view albeit probably better in August than February 😂 

9 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbf it’s a bit better than that Rob as there is sizeable banking along one touchline and at one end, both of which give a great view albeit probably better in August than February 😂 

Reminds me of the old ground chorley used to play at in the early 00s. Used to enjoy sitting on the grass verge along the touchline.

On 10/02/2024 at 00:32, Snowys Backside said:

Oh, ok then. 

I will do my bit and double the away end, and getting my mate who lives on Arlington way to get three seats to put some money in Degseys coffers then 😂😂

Jokingly apart, may the best team win!

It's not up to away fans to fill the grounds, surely, Leigh, with all their new found fame, success and hordes of fans don't need to rely on Huddersfield to fill the LSV do they? 

🙂 

Indeed, let's hope the lights work this time 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, meast said:

It's not up to away fans to fill the grounds, surely, Leigh, with all their new found fame, success and hordes of fans don't need to rely on Huddersfield to fill the LSV do they? 

🙂 

Indeed, let's hope the lights work this time 😉 

Your quite right although the South Stand is open to fill for every away side. Looks like we have already been told to ‘have it’. 

Lovely little ground in Dewsbury that is just about big enough for Huddersfield and a good 1500 away fans to boot 😉 Leave the stadium to the footie side that can fill more than a stand  

Safe Journey. Derek has opened a soundproof block for the geezer with the cowbell. 

Up the Barracudas 👍