Jump to content

2024 attendance thread


Recommended Posts


21 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Broncos at 4900 for Friday v Dragons they estimate around max 500 no shows from the schools freebies though so 4400 + any more turn ups on the day

 

Paul

Great news for the Broncos. Hopefully they can put on a good show and encourage the fans to come back regularly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Craven Park looking like it will sell out again tonight. Well, the home ends not sure how many Leeds have sold to be fair. 
 

absolute clamour for East Stand Tickets across social media etc I think we could get another 3-400 sold in there as well. Probably end up about 9.5k crowd for a wet Thursday on sky, not too shabby.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, East Hull Robins said:

Craven Park looking like it will sell out again tonight. Well, the home ends not sure how many Leeds have sold to be fair. 
 

absolute clamour for East Stand Tickets across social media etc I think we could get another 3-400 sold in there as well. Probably end up about 9.5k crowd for a wet Thursday on sky, not too shabby.

What's capacity these days? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

What's capacity these days? 

10,200ish I believe

You would hope Leeds have sold well with the short distance but Thursdays and monsoon like weather may out a few off. If they sold capacity we could be close to the 10k mark which is great 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, East Hull Robins said:

10,200ish I believe

You would hope Leeds have sold well with the short distance but Thursdays and monsoon like weather may out a few off. If they sold capacity we could be close to the 10k mark which is great 

it's the same distance as St Helens from Leeds, and at rush hour down the M62, not an easy one.  Impressive growth from KR though, great to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, East Hull Robins said:

Craven Park looking like it will sell out again tonight. Well, the home ends not sure how many Leeds have sold to be fair. 
 

absolute clamour for East Stand Tickets across social media etc I think we could get another 3-400 sold in there as well. Probably end up about 9.5k crowd for a wet Thursday on sky, not too shabby.

Yet they still won’t announce the attendance. I’d have thought they’d want to shout big crowds from the rooftops, not hide them. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Josef K said:

A good crowd at Wire tonight 9,481. 

I thought it looked OK until I referred to the previous year. Last season's average was 10,900 so not a good outlook for 2024 as the attendance for the first game is usually above the season average. ☹️

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, berkshirebronco said:

5102 is the announced attendance at Plough Lane for Broncos v Cats. 
They’ve done a good job of concentrating the crowd in the 3 stands within the tv camera arc. 

I thought 3,600 was a target the Broncos could aim for this year so a good start. My fear is if they continue to perform poorly, the numbers could fall off drastically from that good start.  

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/02/2024 at 10:13, ATLANTISMAN said:

Coming from the Broncos marketing give them some support we all want to see them do well

5,100 is a fantastic result for the Broncos Marketing Department and represents over 40% of last seasons ENTIRE attendance. Whilst a season of such attendances would be an incredible achievement it would make little difference to the IMG gradings for 2025, but it does beggar the question as to "why now"?
What has changed at the club to achieve a stand alone attendance last achieved in 2010 for the visits of Saints and Wigan and which represents the largest gate against Catalans at home (2008 was the prior best at 3,800+)?
I gather from the posts here by Atlantisman that freebies have been scattered around the borough and that the club now have a Marketing Department, something they haven't had for a good number of years. Furthermore, the distribution and follow up involved with free tickets isn't free, so what has prompted the club to do this now, especially with the visit of a Catalans side who would be even less well known to the residents of the borough and not against a club like Widnes in their first home fixture at the ground in 2022?
Projections of a 7k gate for St Patrick's Day certainly don't seem too OTT after this great opening gate, but I am puzzled (although not astonished) to see London Broncos doing something good, with the right intentions, but at the wrong time. If this is just Hughes showing the powers that be what could have been, then he's a decade (or more) too late.

As for the rest of SL. The games so far have been entertaining and the crowds and atmospheres have looked brilliant. If IMG/SL can keep the momentum going then this could be a really big watershed year for the game and if London do go down (as expected) let's hope IMG ensure that any 'on the road games" in future seasons are taken down south to try and build a steady fanbase for the sport that will be prepared to get behind the Broncos should they return to the top flight!

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

5,100 is a fantastic result for the Broncos Marketing Department and represents over 40% of last seasons ENTIRE attendance. Whilst a season of such attendances would be an incredible achievement it would make little difference to the IMG gradings for 2025, but it does beggar the question as to "why now"?
What has changed at the club to achieve a stand alone attendance last achieved in 2010 for the visits of Saints and Wigan and which represents the largest gate against Catalans at home (2008 was the prior best at 3,800+)?
I gather from the posts here by Atlantisman that freebies have been scattered around the borough and that the club now have a Marketing Department, something they haven't had for a good number of years. Furthermore, the distribution and follow up involved with free tickets isn't free, so what has prompted the club to do this now, especially with the visit of a Catalans side who would be even less well known to the residents of the borough and not against a club like Widnes in their first home fixture at the ground in 2022?
Projections of a 7k gate for St Patrick's Day certainly don't seem too OTT after this great opening gate, but I am puzzled (although not astonished) to see London Broncos doing something good, with the right intentions, but at the wrong time. If this is just Hughes showing the powers that be what could have been, then he's a decade (or more) too late.

As for the rest of SL. The games so far have been entertaining and the crowds and atmospheres have looked brilliant. If IMG/SL can keep the momentum going then this could be a really big watershed year for the game and if London do go down (as expected) let's hope IMG ensure that any 'on the road games" in future seasons are taken down south to try and build a steady fanbase for the sport that will be prepared to get behind the Broncos should they return to the top flight!

My club was given around 100 freebies (and many RU clubs got freebies too). We also got freebies last season but take-up wasn’t very good.

What’s changed is Broncos are in Super League. Londoners will turn up for top level sport in a smart stadium with decent facilities. Batley, not so much.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Coggo said:

My club was given around 100 freebies (and many RU clubs got freebies too). We also got freebies last season but take-up wasn’t very good.

What’s changed is Broncos are in Super League. Londoners will turn up for top level sport in a smart stadium with decent facilities. Batley, not so much.

Tbf quite a few non league clubs in London do well for crowds so it isn’t directly just down to top level sport as long as you can find your right niche. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbf quite a few non league clubs in London do well for crowds so it isn’t directly just down to top level sport as long as you can find your right niche. 

Fair. It’s a big ol’ place with millions of people looking for entertainment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbf quite a few non league clubs in London do well for crowds so it isn’t directly just down to top level sport as long as you can find your right niche. 

Hard to compare to football though. It's just everywhere.

Good to see London putting in some effort to build support in a decent ground. They might go down, but puts them in good stead to go back up in the near future.

  • Like 2
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbf quite a few non league clubs in London do well for crowds so it isn’t directly just down to top level sport as long as you can find your right niche. 

Definitely, Dulwich Hamlet are averaging almost 2,500 in the seventh tier of football, surrounded by professional clubs, they definitely know their niche. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.