6 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Is it just me or has this all gone a bit quiet? Anyone know if this is still going ahead or when it'll be announced?

They’ve got bigger fish to fry , like the public school boys kickathon which starts this Friday .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Is it just me or has this all gone a bit quiet? Anyone know if this is still going ahead or when it'll be announced?

If it's happening we should get an announcement pretty soon. Wasn't the Wigan v Cas game just moved to 5.30pm on the Sat, meaning something is happening. 

2 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I wonder whether all/some of the 12 will be red button coverage...

If the Beeb have got the games, that is...

Hope not. If so, I hope it will be advertised at least. Like “and now over on the red button, tonight’s big SL matchup between…”

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

The BBC supposedly showing 12+ SL games this season.

Pardon for being out of the know, does this mean Channel 4 didn’t extend their coverage from previous years?

I still find it strange a broadcaster would only show a game from half the rounds in a season.

6 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Pardon for being out of the know, does this mean Channel 4 didn’t extend their coverage from previous years?

I still find it strange a broadcaster would only show a game from half the rounds in a season.

The rumour is that BBC out bid C4.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

There was a press release that said the BBC had outbid C4 for the terrestrial rounds. The official BBC confirmation hasn't come out yet.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

the first game on bbc2 is cas v wigan i thought that had been announced already.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

1 hour ago, my missus said:

the first game on bbc2 is cas v wigan i thought that had been announced already.

Sorry for being slack but is this game hidden on Red Button or on TV or something else? And how do I find out for myself? All this exposure is confusing me. 

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

13 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Whichever game the BBC show it will be on the other two platforms, the BBC haven’t got any exlusivity

You are right but it is a bit strange given that games on C4 last year (apart from the play off games and WCC) were not on Sky. I suppose this was just by choice though from Sky.

5 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

You are right but it is a bit strange given that games on C4 last year (apart from the play off games and WCC) were not on Sky. I suppose this was just by choice though from Sky.

Not all games were on TV last year that’s a distinct difference in the coverage. Sky will have exclusive coverage of two games then they & SL+ show the rest. One of which will be on the BBC as well

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

But Sky and SL+ are showing every game, whichever game the BBC show it will be on the other two.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Whichever game the BBC show it will be on the other two platforms, the BBC haven’t got any exlusivity

As per the current BBC coverage of the soccer Africa Cup of Nations and the cricket they've shown in the past couple of years. Even the snooker they show is also on Eurosport.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

30 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Is this BBC deal actually inked or was this something floated by the Daily Mail initially that some RL press latched onto?

There has been no press release on this. Until official, it’s a rumour.

41 minutes ago, Coggo said:

There has been no press release on this. Until official, it’s a rumour.

14 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Reliable people (in an RL context) do mention the BBC deal a bit as though it is a done deal and just waiting to be announced. Hopefully that's the case.

Agree with both.